• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Democratic campaign launches 'Republicans for Biden' as Flake, former GOP lawmakers endorse him

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Democratic campaign launches 'Republicans for Biden' as Flake, former GOP lawmakers endorse him

BB18hnQr.img

8/24/20
On the first day of the GOP convention Monday, Democratic nominees Joe Biden and Kamala Harris picked up support from 27 former GOP members of Congress, including former Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake, an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump before and after retiring in 2018 -- in the latest act of defiance from Republicans against the sitting president who represents their party. "In a strong rebuke to the current administration, these former members of Congress cited Trump's corruption, destruction of democracy, blatant disregard for moral decency, and urgent need to get the country back on course as a reason why they support Biden. These former Members of Congress are supporting Joe Biden because they know what's at stake in this election and that Trump's failures as President have superseded partisanship," the Biden campaign wrote announcing the endorsements. Some of the names on the list had previously announced their support for Biden, including former Pennsylvania Rep. Charlie Dent, who wrote an op-ed about his decision to endorse Biden last week, and former New York Rep. Susan Molinari, who spoke at the DNC with other Republicans. Along with the endorsements, the Biden campaign is launching "Republicans for Biden," which they say will be a "national effort to engage Republicans who are supporting Biden this fall.

Later in the day, Flake personally addressed his decision to vote for the first time in his life for the Democratic candidate in a firm address aimed at his fellow conservatives. "After the turmoil of the past four years, we need a president who unifies rather than divides. We need a president who prefers teamwork to tribalism. We need a president who summons our better angels, not a president who appeals to our baser instincts. That's why we need Joe Biden," Flake said in live-streamed remarks straight to the camera. Attempting to lay out the case against Trump, Flake also sought to appeal to fellow conservatives by warning against simply supporting the party they have traditionally belong to under the control of Trump. "Some of my conservative friends will say yes, we don't like his behavior, but he governs as a conservative. Here today I will say to my fellow conservatives whatever else you might call the behavior I have just described, It is most assuredly not conservative," Flake said. "Indifference to the truth, or to the careful stewardship of the institutions of American liberty is not conservative. Disregard for the separation of powers -- the centerpiece of our constitutional system -- is not conservative. Governing by tweet is not conservative -- it's not even governing."

I believe we will see an ever increasing number of former GOP officials who cannot abide in a Trump Party give their support the Biden/Harris presidential ticket.

Good on them. Who in their right mind could support four more years of the Donald Trump nightmare?

You callin' people who are going to vote Biden "deplorable"?

If so, should we elect Saul Alinky's ghost and tell you that you made us do it by calling us a name? Ooo, I know. Maybe Soros. We can elect Soros and see whether you like that.

:roll:

Honestly.... such a juvenile post. Trump is a disaster and everyone knows it. Some people who voted for him admitted their grievous error. Sadly, so many of you simply cannot. So you quadruple-down with absurd stuff like here's a totally unbiased video of someone saying Biden voters are bad!

I'm supposed to watch that and decide to vote for the most criminal, corrupt, and incompetent president ever? The guy with 25 sexual assaults to his name? The guy who boasts about walking in on naked females many of whom are minors simply because he could?

Please.

My name isn't Saagar, and that's not me in that video.

You have such a hard-on for me, that you have to find something to go after me with.

Very nice.

I'd say tons of sane and reasonable republicans will be flipping this election. If they're tired of the chaos and value honesty they will definitely flip.

If so, should we elect Saul Alinky's ghost and tell you that you made us do it by calling us a name? Ooo, I know. Maybe Soros. We can elect Soros and see whether you like that.

Honestly.... such a juvenile post. Trump is a disaster and everyone knows it. Some people who voted for him admitted their grievous error. Sadly, so many of you simply cannot. So you quadruple-down with absurd stuff like here's a totally unbiased video of someone saying Biden voters are bad!

I'm supposed to watch that and decide to vote for the most criminal, corrupt, and incompetent president ever? The guy with 25 sexual assaults to his name? The guy who boasts about walking in on naked females many of whom are minors simply because he could?

Please.

My name isn't Saagar, and that's not me in that video.

You didn't post the video because you approve of it? Did you just sort of spazz out at your desk and voila, when you settled down you found you'd posted a video out of the blue? Just didn't know where it came from?

Idiotic Grim17-style evasion noted.

You have such a hard-on for me, that you have to find something to go after me with.

I am not the subject. This is a public thread.

Idiotic Grim17-style evasion noted.

You posted a hackish video created to insult the left. It's not only foolish, it's hypocritical given all the whining about "basket of deplorables."

Trumpers - The Party of Grievance.

The unending victims. Now making common cause with the radical right (white supremacists), QAnon, and Russian intelligence agencies.

BB18hnQr.img

I believe we will see an ever increasing number of former GOP officials who cannot abide in a Trump Party give their support the Biden/Harris presidential ticket.

Good on them. Who in their right mind could support four more years of the Donald Trump nightmare?

Collusion is a crime. They should be investigated. Witnesses and testimony at the impeachment trial.

OMG wre are DONE Grim has17 has DEVATSTAED the whole democratic party! We're gonna lose! OMG!!!! OMG!!!! OH NO!!!!!:shock:

I will count the names on this super list as it grows. Thank you for posting it.

Back
Top Bottom