• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democratic activists to ban cooking food

They’re doing it right now. And they will continue to do so until they’re stopped

Won't someone think of the chefs and bakers?

How long do you suppose it'll take until they have banned cooking?
If it hasn't happened by 2023, will it be safe to assume you are mistaken then?

Or do we need to wait longer?
Will it take 50 years or so before you predictions come true?

You may not have a seen a calendar lately, it’s not the 1950s.

Also the smog was not caused by natural gas but by cars that didn’t efficiently burn heavier fuels.

Now LA has 4 times the population and less smog.

misdirection via an issue that hasn’t existed since the catalytic converter, this is something a lot of leftists do, they justify their purposeful causing of hardship in the present and near future with issues that haven’t existed for a long time.
It was that way in the '70s as well.
And it was the leftie worshippers of Gaia who cleaned up the air, not the foolish alarmists who declared what we can't cook anything without natural gas.

I never said that was the population of the city of Los Angeles. I made a quick number based on my belief of the populations of LA and the contiguous counties within LA’s sphere of influence. Even if it’s only 15 or 17 million that’s still only making the point, the area south of the mountains is heavily urbanized and densely populated.
You fancifully made what you called the Los Angeles metro area include most of Southern California — dishonest argument.

I wonder how many folks on the Left realize or are even aware that lower income inner city homes don't each have large backyards full of trees to produce wood to use for a fire place & in fact most don't even have a fire place; here are some examples of what their homes & areas they live in look like:

194cd64598f25ba1dc3fa6bba9be66bdec09_012219_queensbridge_houses.19.jpg

Guidetoassistance.jpg

nycha-houses-f2.jpg

I wonder if they care (actually no, I don't really wonder). Using gas for heat is much cheaper than using electricity for heat, which means that without gas, almost every lower income inner city home is going to have to rely solely on electricity for heating, which means they'll have even more taken from their tiny budgets.

This is basically the final endgame of the left, to make your life as miserable and expensive as possible.

So of course now in the name of fighting climate change having natural gas stoves is considered a sin against mother Gaia.
So basically just use Electric stoves? Why is this an issue exactly? Natural gas is actually kind of dangerous and completely unnecessary.

I wonder how many folks on the Left realize or are even aware that lower income inner city homes don't each have large backyards full of trees to produce wood to use for a fire place & in fact most don't even have a fire place; here are some examples of what their homes & areas they live in look like:

194cd64598f25ba1dc3fa6bba9be66bdec09_012219_queensbridge_houses.19.jpg

Guidetoassistance.jpg

nycha-houses-f2.jpg

I wonder if they care (actually no, I don't really wonder). Using gas for heat is much cheaper than using electricity for heat, which means that without gas, almost every lower income inner city home is going to have to rely solely on electricity for heating, which means they'll have even more taken from their tiny budgets.
That architecture is used on purpose too. The bland brutalist building style was purposefully forced on the public by the left because it causes people to be sicker and accept ugliness. The most beautiful building in Los Angeles is the Union train station, Just about everything built after that is a bland monstrosity. Not that the elite care, they can afford to fly to Florence or Buenos Aires and escape the ugliness they create

Everything the left does is calculated to human misery.

So basically just use Electric stoves? Why is this an issue exactly? Natural gas is actually kind of dangerous and completely unnecessary.
No, it’s not either. You won’t be able to use electric stoves either because the left is purposefully making electricity a scarce commodity

Electric stoves are useless during one of corrupt PG&E's planned power shutdowns "to prevent wildfires".
True. I prefer gas, too, if it happens to be there, but I never cared enough to seek it out.

Electric stoves are useless during one of corrupt PG&E's planned power shutdowns "to prevent wildfires".
Also if you live in the southland you may have seen the many propaganda billboards telling you not to use electricity between 5-9pm because the green energy can’t keep up with demand.

No, it’s not either. You won’t be able to use electric stoves either because the left is purposefully making electricity a scarce commodity
This is just such an insanely dumb statement, I'm not even sure how to deal with you.

Solar energy, Wind energy, Nuclear energy...

The state of California has an abundance of sunshine. They have massive deserts that could easily be filled with Solar Panels and wind turbines. Why the **** would they waste their time burning gas?

This is just such an insanely dumb statement, I'm not even sure how to deal with you.

The state of California has an abundance of sunshine. They have massive deserts that could easily be filled with Solar Panels and wind turbines. Why the **** would they waste their time burning gas?
Just not an abundance of electricity given I’ve lived here for a year now and have been subject to rolling brownouts and ever present propaganda telling you not to use electricty when you’re actually home.

Salads only for all Americans from now.

That'll be so much fun.

This is basically the final endgame of the left, to make your life as miserable and expensive as possible.

So of course now in the name of fighting climate change having natural gas stoves is considered a sin against mother Gaia. And well funded climate activist groups are pushing for Democratic law makers to ban natural gas for stoves and for water heaters and anything else. Of course I know what the lefties here on debate politics will say, and I will predict all their responses will fall into 3 categories

1) lol why do you care, we’re not banning cooking and it’s good for the planet that we are.
2) this is a conspiracy theory and misinformation
3) only gas is being banned (while ignoring that the green activists incessant demands are anti-human and have no limiting principle)

So in the next few years the left, which argues all number of sexual dysfunctions are human rights, want you to go back to eating raw food and they continually ban more and more forms of energy use “for the planet”
You forgot the fourth reason: initial cost to put in an electric stove is generally cheaper than gas hookups when building a new residence, especially an apartment complex.

It's got nothing to do with what's actually possible and everything to do with money.
They're in so deep for fossil fuels that the thought of changing now just makes them feel ill even if they know they'll make even more money in future by building new renewable generation now.
Even the UK has plenty of solar panels and parks and we have a fraction of the sun that a place like California gets.

Personally, I'd never have an electric stove or electric heat in my house. I grew up in the country and that's just a big "no-no" when storms can down trees and you can be without power for a while because of snow/ice/wind.

I like to have a warm house and be able to cook when the power goes out. I also have a full house generator that I can convert to if necessary, that came after Hurricane Sandy struck NJ where I live, and took out power to a lot of people for weeks.

Grateful that I don't live in multi-unit housing and wouldn't have to be subject to these rules. My heart goes out for individuals that do when the power goes out and they're cold (or incredibly hot) and unable to even boil water.

I wonder if they care (actually no, I don't really wonder). Using gas for heat is much cheaper than using electricity for heat,
Really? That's weird because when I lived in Minnesota my Electric Company gave me $200 to switch from a gas furnace to an electric furnace cause it was cheaper.

There are a hundred ways to generate Electricity. The result is that if one resource gets expensive you can switch to something else. If you'rere entirely dependent on Natural Gas the price of your heat is entirely reliant on the price of natural gas.

Personally, I'd never have an electric stove or electric heat in my house. I grew up in the country and that's just a big "no-no" when storms can down trees and you can be without power for a while because of snow/ice/wind.

I like to have a warm house and be able to cook when the power goes out. I also have a full house generator that I can convert to if necessary, that came after Hurricane Sandy struck NJ where I live, and took out power to a lot of people for weeks.

Grateful that I don't live in multi-unit housing and wouldn't have to be subject to these rules. My heart goes out for individuals that do when the power goes out and they're cold (or incredibly hot) and unable to even boil water.

I suppose it doesn't help when most US houses aren't built to trap heat as UK houses are.
This isn't a dig it's just that being a much colder country the UK has always built all our houses from brick rather than wood which traps heat.

Different places use different materials for building and have different heat-trapping properties.

You may not have a seen a calendar lately, it’s not the 1950s.

Also the smog was not caused by natural gas but by cars that didn’t efficiently burn heavier fuels.

Now LA has 4 times the population and less smog.

misdirection via an issue that hasn’t existed since the catalytic converter, this is something a lot of leftists do, they justify their purposeful causing of hardship in the present and near future with issues that haven’t existed for a long time.
The title of this thread states we're banning cooking....... Since you cannot support that contention with citations, this is a failed thread.

The title of this thread states we're banning cooking....... Since you cannot support that contention with citations, this is a failed thread.
I posted the link and showed an argument for how their logic contains no limiting principle.

Bingo.

Why are they like that & what will it take to make them stop that?

We're so misunderstood. We're really just into Fredrick Nietzsche and recognize that that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

And if that means ordering out for the rest of our lives, it's a sacrifice we're willing to take.

Back
Top Bottom