• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Democratic 2006 Election Strategy on National Security is Leaked

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
And when you read that strategy, you will realize a couple of things:

1) Seems that the Democrats are changing their platform to coincide with what pollsters tell them are the most popular hot-button issues.

2) History shows that the Democrats have never taken a position based on what they feel is right or wrong, but based on polls instead.

If a new poll came out, suggesting that a majority of Americans would like the Democrats to stick their collective heads in a bucket of feces, would the Democrats do it? My money says they would. Hmmmm..... I am thinking about starting a poll now. :)

Article is here.

Last edited:
Article said:
Article is here.

In the area of energy independence, Democrats plan on "eliminating reliance" on Middle East oil and exploring alternative energy sources. They say they intend to ensure independence from foreign oil by 2020.

Republicans have been wanting to do this all along, but was it not and still is the Dem/libs standing in the way of this goal i.e. Anwar . The problem is, conservatives come up with the plans, and the Dems want to get the credit for them , so they fight them until they get the shot at the Whitehouse and then they are all for what conservatives wanted in the first place.

danarhea said:
If a new poll came out, suggesting that a majority of Americans would like the Democrats to stick their collective heads in a bucket of feces, would the Democrats do it? My money says they would.

What can one expect from a party like the Dem/Libs who seem to always live in a persistent vegetative state . They have become drunkards upon that bucket of feces and it has affected their mentality to a point where they know not where they go, nor do they know how to get there, so they remain in the never-ending land of Nowhere. And this is the only thing they can achieve on their own without any help.

Last edited:
ThePhoenix said:
What can one expect from a party like the Dem/Libs who seem to always live in a persistent vegetative state . They have become drunkards upon that bucket of feces and it has effected their mentality to a point where they know not where they go, nor do they know how to get there, so they remain in the never-ending land of Nowhere. And this is the only thing they can achieve on their own without any help.

This coming from a person who doesn't know the difference between effect and affect.

aps said:
This coming from a person who doesn't know the difference between effect and affect.

Is this all you can come up with? :roll:

Correction made to appease you.

ThePhoenix said:
Is this all you can come up with? :roll:

I should ask you that question. You know, Phoenix, there is a way to critique the democratic party without resorting to nasty namecalling. This is why you're not going to get a substantive response from me, as your post had none.

aps said:
I should ask you that question. You know, Phoenix, there is a way to critique the democratic party without resorting to nasty namecalling. This is why you're not going to get a substantive response from me, as your post had none.

You have a point, but Phoenix has a point too. The Democrat Party sucks. I might be pretty hard on the Republicans, but I have to admit, they dont give any quarter in defending what they believe in, even though those beliefs have been, IMHO, somewhat Communistic at times.

aps said:

I simply speak truth with a little theatrics thrown in. I do not like nor ever will, what the libs have done to the once great Democratic party. I do not have to tolerate this, on the other hand, was it you that was taught to tolerate others and their ideals? or am I thinking of someone else?

ThePhoenix said:
I simply speak truth with a little theatrics thrown in. I do not like nor ever will, what the libs have done to the once great Democratic party. I do not have to tolerate this, on the other hand, was it you that was taught to tolerate others and their ideals? or am I thinking of someone else?

Okay, okay, I'll admit that the democratic party sucks right now; however, the use of the words like drunkards and feces can't be taken seriously. Where did my party go? Why can't they get organized? What the heck are they waiting for?

Although part of the problem is that each person should stand for what he/she believes in--not what the party wants for that person. It's why I like Rudy G (whose name I won't even attempt to spell). He's a republican, but he supports abortion and gay rights. I love people who stand by their convictions and not what the polls say. A party shouldn't have to all agree on what their platform is--it should be what each person's platform is.

'If a new poll came out, suggesting that a majority of Americans would like the Democrats to stick their collective heads in a bucket of feces, would the Democrats do it? My money says they would. Hmmmm..... I am thinking about starting a poll now. :)'

:rofl

I have to give you credit man. At least your consistent with your criticisms of both parties.

danarhea said:
And when you read that strategy, you will realize a couple of things:

1) Seems that the Democrats are changing their platform to coincide with what pollsters tell them are the most popular hot-button issues.

2) History shows that the Democrats have never taken a position based on what they feel is right or wrong, but based on polls instead.

If a new poll came out, suggesting that a majority of Americans would like the Democrats to stick their collective heads in a bucket of feces, would the Democrats do it? My money says they would. Hmmmm..... I am thinking about starting a poll now. :)

Article is here.

I agree, the Demo's do suck at this point but that is because they let the Republicans define them to a tee. Instead of lobbing an effective pre-emptive strike at the Republicans once in awhile they just sit around and wait to get suckered-punched by the likes of Rove & Co, that is why I loved the Clinton administration in their infamy, they knew how to fight fire with fire!

Take for example...

In the area of energy independence, Democrats plan on "eliminating reliance" on Middle East oil and exploring alternative energy sources. They say they intend to ensure independence from foreign oil by 2020.

Everyone with an ounce of intelligence knows that it is the Democrats who have always fought big-oil and their anti-evironmental ways and that includes the Repubs backing of gas-hogs vs the Democrats always backing the engineering and building of fuel-efficient small vehicles not to mention electric/solar vehicles. I'm surprised you were unaware of that point.

And since when have the Democrats abandoned their protecting SS, Tax-hikes, the environment, unions, teachers, imigrants, minorities, anti-war demonstrations and such? These are Democrat values now and always will be.

These are also all very unpopular positions to take now days and we have paid the price but in the end, the people will come back to these values over the greed, war-mongering 'culture of corruption' that has permeated our gov't at this time.

Wake-up Danarhea and smell the insatiable desire for power that has gripped the Bush administration.

SixStringHero said:
'If a new poll came out, suggesting that a majority of Americans would like the Democrats to stick their collective heads in a bucket of feces, would the Democrats do it? My money says they would. Hmmmm..... I am thinking about starting a poll now. :)'

:rofl

I have to give you credit man. At least your consistent with your criticisms of both parties.
I am an equal opportunity basher. I cant stand any of those partywhores. :)

Back
Top Bottom