• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrat Stacey Abrams admits defeat in contentious Georgia governor’s race

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

BREAKING NEWS: Democrat Stacey Abrams ended her campaign for governor of Georgia on Friday, lamenting voting irregularities that she said tainted the election but conceding that former Secretary of State Brian Kemp, a Republican, would be declared the winner.

Georgia Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams is considering asking a court to intervene in her race against Republican Brian Kemp and order an extraordinary second round of voting in response to charges of election irregularities.
All class. No doubt a rising figure in Georgia/National politics

#stolenelection :thumbdown

How many people did Kemp purge from the voting rolls to prepare for this election?

But she didn't admit defeat. She's trying to sue for a new election, as your own quote says.

So, she gave up on the do-over? :lamo

How many people did Kemp purge from the voting rolls to prepare for this election?

The latest tally I found was a difference of 58,150. Where have I heard a similar number?

But she didn't admit defeat. She's trying to sue for a new election, as your own quote says.

True, do you think that voter suppression of African Americans/Minorities occurred in Georgia?

True, do you think that voter suppression of African Americans/Minorities occurred in Georgia?

I don't know. I have not followed it closely.

A relevant question: would anyone currently making the accusations be demanding investigations into it if Abrams had won? After all, it's illegal no matter the outcome.

If not, I'm skeptical that even the people making the accusations believe it's true.

#stolenelection :thumbdown
The DNC needs to start getting involved in these cases where Republicans hi-jack elections, and lawyer up like the RNC.

Congratulations to Govenor Kemp.

A relevant question: would anyone currently making the accusations be demanding investigations into it if Abrams had won?

LMAO... No, no, never, never, no and no.

I don't know. I have not followed it closely.

A relevant question: would anyone currently making the accusations be demanding investigations into it if Abrams had won? After all, it's illegal no matter the outcome.

If not,
I'm skeptical that even the people making the accusations believe it's true.

They don't believe it's true, but hey, if someone were to find, say, a Yugo under a bridge somewhere packed with ballots, who knows? Let's ask Al Franken. Al knows.

Oh yes...she was on her way to victory :roll::

Kemp vs. Abrams.jpg

This is a LOL moment too pitiful to laugh at.

Really - why was it so close?

Closer than the unsuppressed polls? So then who were those who were actually suppressed or subjected to vote fixing?

My advice is to not accelerate while driving into a swamp, makes your backing out all the more difficult.

No it wasn’t.

It's always OK for Democrats not to accept the results of an election, even after they've been lecturing Republicans about it.

Back
Top Bottom