• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrat President Johnson: "I’ll have those n*ggers voting Democrat for 200 years.”

jcgriff2

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The things that you democrats won't stoop to for votes. never ceases to amaze me. WIDE-open borders, vaccines optional for the illegal aliens, mandatory for US citizens, or we lose our jobs - and many, many did. Free housing vouchers for illegal immigrants while millions of US Citizens sleep on the street. "Defund the Police" - YOUR saying, not the Republicans, who are a total law and order party, No 'smash and grab' under Trump.

Accidental Democrat President LBJ (I know he went on to win legit in 1964) is the author of the thread title, not me. But by 1968, LBJ was spent, refused another term as President, returned home to his ranch in Johnson City, Texas, became a hippie of sorts; died January 1973.

LBJ intended for his "Great Society" starting in the 1960s to provide for the needs of [mostly] blacks from cradle to grave - the welfare state. But as all democrats do - they never think about what happens when the entitlement(s) end. Never.

Biden's "Great Society" is allegedly BBB where he changes definitions for well-known words to confuse the hell out of us so we don't know what we are saying YES to. Pelosi knocked it out of the park when that bitch said "You don't know what is in a bill until it is passed and signed into law" - or similar. Utterly asinine for her to say.

The things that you democrats won't stoop to for votes. never ceases to amaze me. WIDE-open borders, vaccines optional for the illegal aliens, mandatory for US citizens, or we lose our jobs - and many, many did. Free housing vouchers for illegal immigrants while millions of US Citizens sleep on the street. "Defund the Police" - YOUR saying, not the Republicans, who are a total law and order party, No 'smash and grab' under Trump.

Accidental Democrat President LBJ (I know he went on to win legit in 1964) is the author of the thread title, not me. But by 1968, LBJ was spent, refused another term as President, returned home to his ranch in Johnson City, Texas, became a hippie of sorts; died January 1973.

LBJ intended for his "Great Society" starting in the 1960s to provide for the needs of [mostly] blacks from cradle to grave - the welfare state. But as all democrats do - they never think about what happens when the entitlement(s) end. Never.

Biden's "Great Society" is allegedly BBB where he changes definitions for well-known words to confuse the hell out of us so we don't know what we are saying YES to. Pelosi knocked it out of the park when that bitch said "You don't know what is in a bill until it is passed and signed into law" - or similar. Utterly asinine for her to say.

So…what’s your argument, exactly? Because it looks like you just tried to squeeze every cultural grievance you had into one relatively short OP.

WIDE-open borders,
Lie.
vaccines optional for the illegal aliens,
True. Nobody can be forced to be vaccinated.
mandatory for US citizens, or we lose our jobs - and many, many did.
Which/how many federal employees have been fired for refusing to be vaccinated?
Free housing vouchers for illegal immigrants while millions of US Citizens sleep on the street.
Fact; At the point they are given vouchers for temporary housing, the immigrants are no longer considered “illegal. Also, aid for immigrants comes from a different pot than aid for homeless Americans.
"Defund the Police" - YOUR saying, not the Republicans, who are a total law and order party, No 'smash and grab' under Trump.
There’s a whole shitload of proof that Republicans are no longer the party of law and order.

Johnson’s primary reason for refusing to run again was because his attempts to win the Vietnam war only made things much worse, causing tremendous divide among Americans. A terrible mess he knew he couldn’t fix.

Trying picking up a book and reading about the period.

^^ Pointless crass and misogynistic comment.

So…what’s your argument, exactly? Because it looks like you just tried to squeeze every cultural grievance you had into one relatively short OP.
Looks can be deceiving.

Unless of course, you are trying to usurp and overthrow a legitimate election.
A minor skirmask in DC is no bug deal.

Where is the 14-month Congressional report?

I can assume you did not vote for Johnson?

Looks can be deceiving.

A minor skirmask in DC is no bug deal.

Where is the 14-month Congressional report?
The 14th month report would be out now if Trump's folks testified when subpoenad.

You can blame the lack of transparency from the Trump staff, friends, partners in crime for the delay.

Got anything else?

LBJ twisted arms to get the Civil Rights Act approved. He was a southerner and he knew that doing so would cost Democrats the South for at least a generation.

As a Black man, I don't care that he used the N-word because he fought for us. At the same time, the Republican Party nominated Barry Goldwater who was against the Civil Rights Act for various BS reasons.

Later you have Reagan and Nixon laughing as they call Black people monkeys. Oh, and Reagan was opposed to the Civil Rights Act. The dude was a closet racist.

Looks like Johnson won't be running in 2024.

Looks like Johnson won't be running in 2024.
Pretty much this. The guy is dead and isn't currently influencing policy for any political party or institution.

Yeah the GOP knew they were losing the black vote at the time- and they were totally OK with it- because they knew with that they were going to get the racist white vote instead- and those were much bigger numbers. It was a very calculated move. Nixon and his campaign advisors based their whole presidential campaigns on this calculation. it was called the Southern Strategy- and it obviously worked quite well- to this very day.

“ From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.[1]”
-Kevin Phillips, senior campaign advisor to Richard Nixon, 1970

Last edited:
Later you have Reagan and Nixon laughing as they call Black people monkeys. Oh, and Reagan was opposed to the Civil Rights Act. The dude was a closet racist.

Yes, Nixon’s Southern Strategy was successful enough that Reagan and his campaign advisors could obviously not ignore it. It just had to be pursued in a little bit more “coded” manner that’s all- you know, dog whistles, just like Trump uses to this day.

Lee Atwater, Reagan’s huge campaign advisor, explained in this 1981 interview:

———-
Atwater: As to the whole Southern strategy that Harry Dent and others put together in 1968, opposition to the Voting Rights Act would have been a central part of keeping the South. Now [Reagan] doesn't have to do that. All you have to do to keep the South is for Reagan to run in place on the issues he's campaigned on since 1964 [...] and that's fiscal conservatism, balancing the budget, cut taxes, you know, the whole cluster...

Questioner: But the fact is, isn't it, that Reagan does get to the Wallace voter and to the racist side of the Wallace voter by doing away with legal services, by cutting down on food stamps?

Atwater: Y'all don't quote me on this. You start out in 1954 by saying, "Nigger, nigger, nigger." By 1968 you can't say "nigger"—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me—because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "Nigger, nigger."

Last edited:
Unless of course, you are trying to usurp and overthrow a legitimate election.
Dear God - get off that BS already. Biden won - somehow.

Hillary Clinton in '18 or '19 said on a talk show that he (Trump) knows that he's an illegitimate president. WTF does that mean? Hillary believes the 2016 election was rigged.

Hillary Clinton in '18 or '19 said on a talk show that he (Trump) knows that he's an illegitimate president. WTF does that mean? Hillary believes the 2016 election was rigged.

BS? Wait- so you really are convinced that Trump is still deliberately lying about the election being stolen, and wanting to overthrow the results of US elections just to get himself re-elected? And you don’t find that absolutely outrageous and a dangerous threat to this country? Why? Because you think undermining US democracy is worth advancing his political agenda?

Because he never won the popular vote. That always bugged him because he knew most of the country didn’t want him, and he just won because of a quirk in the system. That doesn’t make it rigged, and she never called it that.

Well that is is...I will not be voting for LBJ or DJT in the 2024 Election!

Nope.

Nada.

Wouldn't be prudent!

Democrats have for many years kept the black community dependent upon government handouts in order to keep their vote......that is ALL they want from them. By looking at the places they want them to live and the schools their children are placed, should tell us all we need to know about democrats.

Get away from dependency, move on towards independence......this will bring back the fathers to the families, a more coherent unit, from good jobs and futures. Sectors of nothing but low income, high crime, drug abuse and alcoholism, breeds dependency and destroys families......haven't we learned this yet?

LBJ twisted arms to get the Civil Rights Act approved. He was a southerner and he knew that doing so would cost Democrats the South for at least a generation.

As a Black man, I don't care that he used the N-word because he fought for us. At the same time, the Republican Party nominated Barry Goldwater who was against the Civil Rights Act for various BS reasons.

And if the republicans had stuck with being champions of voting and civil rights, they would have the votes of the black voters. But for some reason they chose to take up the seats and voters of the Southern Democrats (which was rather racist) and the democrats took the role of the champions of civil rights.

And that is why African American voters vote democrat, they do not feel at home in the republican party and for some strange reason they like having equal rights, something they will not find in the current version of the republicans.

LBJ has been dead for 49 years. Care to explain how this is a "General Political Discussion"?

Back
Top Bottom