• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrat Katie Hobbs defeats MAGA favorite Kari Lake in high-stakes race for governor in Arizona

Your weak attacks when the country was doing well (2017-2019) are insignificant.
Those who refused to get shots are idiots.
When you enter a fishing contest you don't win just because you "had a big one on the line".......you have to reel it in and land it = Trump couldn't. Case Closed.

Trump encouraged poor pandemic behavior ----the opposite of what any responsible leader would do.....good grief

Trump encouraged poor pandemic behavior ----the opposite of what any responsible leader would do.....good grief
And when Biden came in in 2021, 600,000 Americans died of Covid that year.
Uncle Joe encouraged everyone to get shots and the teachers unions kept the schools closed. Why did 200,000 more Americans die from Covid in 2021 than in 2020?
ANyone??? Bueller? Bueller?
What the hell is "poor pandemic behavior"? DeSantis forced the schools to stay open and refused lockdowns. He was praised for his leadership during the pandemic.

Analogies are fun in that interpretations are as varied as the individuals reading them. Since you seem to be insistent on asking mine, however?

"You" in the room represents the nation.
The "group" represents the citizens/voters.
The "vote for dinner" represents a choice between "pizza" (the democratic process) and "cannibalism" (Trumpism, election denialism, anti-intellectualism, conspiracy theories, etc.)
The 2/3 voting for pizza are those citizens outside the Trump cult.
The 1/3 voting for cannibalism are those citizens inside the Trump cult.

Thankfully, the 2/3 voting for pizza outvoted those voting for long pig. That doesn't mean the nation doesn't have a problem, however, because the ****ing cannibals are still in the room.

I'm a little surprised I had to go to such lengths but I hope it resolves any questions you had as to what I think it meant. You may now commence with the obligatory snark/whataboutisms. :)
If you have the time to write such unnecessary drivel, I'll take the time to skim over it.

Yes----trying to stave off trump's influence. He did well considering.
Uncle Joe encouraged everyone to get shots and the teachers unions kept the schools closed. Why did 200,000 more Americans die from Covid in 2021 than in 2020?
The better question is why did only 200.000 more die when it was likely that many more would have under trump???
What the hell is "poor pandemic behavior"? DeSantis forced the schools to stay open and refused lockdowns. He was praised for his leadership during the pandemic.
Anti-mask, etc, etc.....and so forth

Clean up the mess? My butt!
You think Biden has cleaned up "the mess"?
We're heading into a serious recession because of his stupid policies.

Meanwhile,

GDPNow - Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
Latest estimate: 4.4 percent — November 16, 2022

The GDPNow model estimate for real GDP growth (seasonally adjusted annual rate) in the fourth quarter of 2022 is 4.4 percent on November 16, up from 4.0 percent on November 9. After this morning’s retail sales release from the US Census Bureau, the nowcast of fourth-quarter real personal consumption expenditures growth increased from 4.2 percent to 4.8 percent.

Hobbs' victory comes against a Republican many thought was the strongest of the pro-Trump election deniers running in swing states President Joe Biden carried in 2020.

Democratic Secretary of State Katie Hobbs has defeated Republican Kari Lake in Arizona's race for governor, NBC News projected Monday.

Hobbs' victory is key for Democrats in a presidential battleground and a rebuke to a prominent election denier — though the closeness of the contest left the result up in the air for nearly a week.

A record number of early ballots were dropped off on Election Day in Maricopa County, officials said, which had to be processed in a more time-intensive manner that includes signature verification. Maricopa County, the state's most populous, said Sunday that it estimated that its count was 94 percent complete after receiving a historic 290,000 of those early ballots on Election Day.
============================================================
Lake will be screaming that she was robbed.
Looks like the entire AZ denier slat3e is being defeated. The R AZ AG candidate is the only one left and he is trailing.

Hobbs' victory comes against a Republican many thought was the strongest of the pro-Trump election deniers running in swing states President Joe Biden carried in 2020.

Democratic Secretary of State Katie Hobbs has defeated Republican Kari Lake in Arizona's race for governor, NBC News projected Monday.

Hobbs' victory is key for Democrats in a presidential battleground and a rebuke to a prominent election denier — though the closeness of the contest left the result up in the air for nearly a week.

A record number of early ballots were dropped off on Election Day in Maricopa County, officials said, which had to be processed in a more time-intensive manner that includes signature verification. Maricopa County, the state's most populous, said Sunday that it estimated that its count was 94 percent complete after receiving a historic 290,000 of those early ballots on Election Day.
============================================================
Lake will be screaming that she was robbed.
1668636978411.png
1668637015064.png
******************​

What the hell is "poor pandemic behavior"?
Covid vax by county.jpg
DeSantis forced the schools to stay open and refused lockdowns. He was praised for his leadership during the pandemic.
Um, 12th highest death rate is not "praiseworthy".

ANyone??? Bueller? Bueller?
A lot of Americans died in 2021 because they refused to get vaccinated. At least 98% of Covid deaths have been unvaccinated. It’s a tragedy that hundreds of thousands of Americans have died when it was entirely preventable, but in the end if they refused to be vaccinated, it was their choice.

A lot of Americans died in 2021 because they refused to get vaccinated. At least 98% of Covid deaths have been unvaccinated. It’s a tragedy that hundreds of thousands of Americans have died when it was entirely preventable, but in the end if they refused to be vaccinated, it was their choice.
Biden repeatedly encouraged Americans to get vaccinated. They refused, primary because "Let's Go Brandon!"

And now they want to blame Biden for unvaccinated deaths.

Biden repeatedly encouraged Americans to get vaccinated. They refused, primary because "Let's Go Brandon!"

And now they want to blame Biden for unvaccinated deaths.
It’s easy to blame Biden and Trump.
I want them both to disappear soon.
time for new leadership.
DeSantis is the answer.

Katie won by a shit nugget but I'm soooooooo glad!! I don't have to move out now, purple AZ is turning BLUE!

I'm just going to turn off Scary Lake and her bitchen because I'm just too happy.

The irony is that Hobbs probably won due to the disproportionate amount of COVID deaths for Republicans.

Also, the protests in favour of Kari Lake didn't go too well. It was a historic crowd size in the sense that less than twenty people showed up.

time for new leadership.
DeSantis is the answer.
I can think of multiple ways to blame Trump.

How is Biden to blame for the deaths of those who refused to get vaccinated?

time for new leadership.
DeSantis is the answer.
We absolutely need new leadership. If Biden and Trump are our choices in 2024 it will signal that this country has reached rock bottom. I'm starting to see die hard Trump supporters say enough is enough. They are tired of his mouth and his selfishness. Both Biden and Trump are an absolute embarrassment to this country. Lets get some rational younger candidates in there. Lets get rid of the extremists on both sides.

The irony is that Hobbs probably won due to the disproportionate amount of COVID deaths for Republicans.
I don't think this is hyperbole. The only two people on my staff of 15 not to get the Covid vaccine were Trump supporters. They were the only two who missed several months of time because of it. I'm sure many of the older ones didn't fair as well.

When you enter a fishing contest you don't win just because you "had a big one on the line".......you have to reel it in and land it = Trump couldn't. Case Closed.

I think it's his handling of the pandemic that cost him the election. He turned things like wearing a mask and social distancing into an ideological holy war. Had he not done that, he would have beaten Biden. Not by much, but he would have won.

I think it's his handling of the pandemic that cost him the election. He turned things like wearing a mask and social distancing into an ideological holy war. Had he not done that, he would have beaten Biden. Not by much, but he would have won.
True----but good leadership is way beyond this guy. Never would have happened

Back
Top Bottom