• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrat Katie Hobbs defeats MAGA favorite Kari Lake in high-stakes race for governor in Arizona

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Hobbs' victory comes against a Republican many thought was the strongest of the pro-Trump election deniers running in swing states President Joe Biden carried in 2020.

Democratic Secretary of State Katie Hobbs has defeated Republican Kari Lake in Arizona's race for governor, NBC News projected Monday.

Hobbs' victory is key for Democrats in a presidential battleground and a rebuke to a prominent election denier — though the closeness of the contest left the result up in the air for nearly a week.

A record number of early ballots were dropped off on Election Day in Maricopa County, officials said, which had to be processed in a more time-intensive manner that includes signature verification. Maricopa County, the state's most populous, said Sunday that it estimated that its count was 94 percent complete after receiving a historic 290,000 of those early ballots on Election Day.
============================================================
Lake will be screaming that she was robbed.

Katie won by a shit nugget but I'm soooooooo glad!! I don't have to move out now, purple AZ is turning BLUE!

I'm just going to turn off Scary Lake and her bitchen because I'm just too happy.

All those posters who told me I'd be crying right now can lose gracefully, in front of me. ;) I won't be too hard on ya. Abortion rights and Democracy were a bit more important than they thought. Told ya.

Hobbs' victory comes against a Republican many thought was the strongest of the pro-Trump election deniers running in swing states President Joe Biden carried in 2020.

Democratic Secretary of State Katie Hobbs has defeated Republican Kari Lake in Arizona's race for governor, NBC News projected Monday.

Hobbs' victory is key for Democrats in a presidential battleground and a rebuke to a prominent election denier — though the closeness of the contest left the result up in the air for nearly a week.

A record number of early ballots were dropped off on Election Day in Maricopa County, officials said, which had to be processed in a more time-intensive manner that includes signature verification. Maricopa County, the state's most populous, said Sunday that it estimated that its count was 94 percent complete after receiving a historic 290,000 of those early ballots on Election Day.
============================================================
Lake will be screaming that she was robbed.
Oh hell yes!

I can't wait for the insane crazy woman to go completely off the rails.

Good job Arizona!

Katie Hobbs elected Arizona’s 5th female governor, defeating election denier Kari Lake​

Katie Hobbs, Arizona’s Democratic election chief who built a national profile by standing up to false claims about the 2020 presidential election, has won the state’s race for governor.

The Associated Press, NBC News and CNN called the race for Hobbs shortly after 7 p.m. Monday, following a nail-biter week of election returns that highlighted the competitiveness of politics in the state.

"Democracy is worth the wait," Hobbs posted on social media minutes after the race was called. "Thank you, Arizona. I am so honored and so proud to be your next governor."
==============================================================
I hope this news aggravates djt as I know it will. See post above.

Wait until we see Trump's reaction.
The big reason I am happy Lake lost is that Trump will be further criticized for backing an well known election denier who lost.
That should further discredit Trump to where he thinks twice about running against DeSantis, Pence, Pompeo, and possibly Youngkin (VA).
More Republicans must realize Trump is toxic to the GOP and to the country.

All this is 6 years too late---------so much damage has been done. As usual, the Dems will have to clean up the mess.

What are you talking about ?

The current governor is a moderate.

How is it possible that adults can continue to post such stupidity ?

Back
Top Bottom