• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrat House Pickups Reach 40

Bummer you can't demonstrate that there's any fraud and theft happening.

What does the bible say about dishonesty?

But he WANTS to believe it! IDK what it is with conservatives, but they have this incessant need to believe they are some vast silent majority, when they are in fact a dying breed of folks who simply can't accept change.

FiveThirtyEight now projects 40 seats, exceeding the pre-election maximum pickup prediction of 38, with the possibility of an even higher number when all is said and done. A wave that keeps on waving.

https://fivethirtyeight.com

I smiled wide when I learned that Orange County went 100% Blue. That made my day because I know a few people in the OC who will absolutely hate that fact.

Can't freegin' wait!

With independent voters, Trump is the GOP's worst nightmare. Trumpers laughed at me when I pointed out his raunchy persona, his uncouth personality was turning off independents. Turning them off so much they voted democratic this time in huge numbers.

FiveThirtyEight now projects 40 seats, exceeding the pre-election maximum pickup prediction of 38, with the possibility of an even higher number when all is said and done. A wave that keeps on waving.

https://fivethirtyeight.com

Only because Russia interfered and helped the dems win house elections ... (grin).

With independent voters, Trump is the GOP's worst nightmare. Trumpers laughed at me when I pointed out his raunchy persona, his uncouth personality was turning off independents. Turning them off so much they voted democratic this time in huge numbers.

YUGE! Numbers like NOBODY has ever seen before! They actually had to create new numbers, the old ones weren't enough!:lamo

And without population replacement through immigration, there would be a Republican super majority.

Sent from my HTC phone. Instaurare omnia in Christo.

The vote reflects the population, America is the land of immigrants so your point is meaningless.

YUGE! Numbers like NOBODY has ever seen before! They actually had to create new numbers, the old ones weren't enough!:lamo

LOL, okay. Strange on how independents can switch, flip, their votes on a dime. You have numbers going to the Democrats 57-39 and 52-44 in 2006 and 2008. Then viola, in 2010 independents switch to the Republicans by a 56-37 margin. First independents go Democratic by 18 points, four years later, Republican by 19. This year they went Democratic by 12 points. I suppose huge swings should be expected, after all, they're independents. Really not affiliated with any party and owe no loyalty to any party. Perhaps we should call them swing voters. It really doesn't take much for them to switch.

I suppose one could call it a Yuge switch from voting 4 points for Republican congressional candidates in 2016 to 12 point Democratic. A swing of 16 points. If you compare the midterm vote from four years ago, a 12 point advantage to the Republicans, this year a 12 point advantage to the Democrats, a swing of 24 points in four years.

The vote reflects the population, America is the land of immigrants so your point is meaningless.

Yet Americans never voted for or supported population replacement. Subverting the will of an electorate is tyrannical.

The races in some districts was SO CLOSE that it is better for them to take their time and count ALL votes. We don't want a repeat of 2000 when Florida stopped the recount and the democrats just caved in ....for the good of the country.

Maybe Florida should sit out the next couple of elections.... for the good of the country.:lamo . It will give them time to get it together.

Yet Americans never voted for or supported population replacement. Subverting the will of an electorate is tyrannical.

And no group subverts the will of the people more than Republicans

Trumps nasty discord explains why the gendergap was so huge in the midterms. Exit polls show Trumps personality is a big turnoff to women voters.

Bush didn't have a Republican senate after his first two years. Neither did his dad. Nor Ford.

Only Reagan pulled it off, and he actually lost senate seats in that election.

Sent from my HTC phone. Instaurare omnia in Christo.

yes he did.

Trumps nasty discord explains why the gendergap was so huge in the midterms. Exit polls show Trumps personality is a big turnoff to women voters.

I really don't get into subdividing voting groups. If one uses just the figures provided for Republicans, Democrats and independents, that includes all the subgroups. It's interesting if one is a numbers guy to note women voted for Hillary 54-41 while in 2018 women went for the Democratic congressional candidates 59-40. Not really any difference in the percentage Trump or Republican congressional candidates 2018 received. But a five point difference in Hillary Clinton's total. That says a lot about Hillary. If you go down the list of voting groups, you'll find Hillary did between 3-5 points worst than Obama in just about everyone one of them. That is even going against an obnoxious oaf of a candidate like Trump.

Back
Top Bottom