• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrat Gary Peters becomes first sitting senator to share his family's abortion experience

I am sure that she agreed to it. Assuming is ridiculous and calling him a dick based on your assumptions is even more ridiculous

I can own that. I'll work on it.

It's just, I come from a time and place where a gentleman never discusses a lady's business. I know. I'm a dinosaur.

And you are assuming she agreed with it. Is that rediculous as well?

If she agreed, fine. Have at it. It's just hard for me to imagine she did. Probably just as hard as it is for you to imagine she didn't.

One thing for sure, this lady's business is none of mine.

If he has her full support to put her business out in the streets, I have no objections, whatsoever.

It's just hard for me to imagine that any woman would want the world to know her most personal/intimate business, of this kind. A lot of women prefer to keep that kind of stuff confidential. I can't see a woman saying, "Yeah, I dropped little Suzy off at daycare, then went to the carwash. After that, I stopped by the abortion clinic and had an abortion. Then I picked up some hair dye at Walgreens, Autumn Brown, then I just came home and did the laundry before I went to pick up Little Suzy. How'd your day go?"

I dunno. It's 2020. Maybe attitudes/society have/has changed. Maybe having an abortion is as common place as getting your nails done these days. I could be wrong..
I can only imagine it's that much harder for rape victims. It's not that either "wants the world to know her most personal/intimate business." Of course they dont. Again, they are doing it for a larger purpose.

Now, be a good girl and go make me a sammich.

LOL! j/k
:rolleyes: LOL

I'm not okay with banning abortion at all. It is for the woman and her doctor to decide, not anyone else.

So if the woman and baby were perfectly healthy, you'd still support her decision to abort?

So if the woman and baby were perfectly healthy, you'd still support her decision to abort?

Yes, absolutely. As I said before, it's HER decision and no one else's. Fetuses aren't babies, by the way.

I can own that. I'll work on it.

It's just, I come from a time and place where a gentleman never discusses a lady's business. I know. I'm a dinosaur.

And you are assuming she agreed with it. Is that rediculous as well?

If she agreed, fine. Have at it. It's just hard for me to imagine she did. Probably just as hard as it is for you to imagine she didn't.

One thing for sure, this lady's business is none of mine.
Oh but it is.... in a time when old white men want to remove a woman’s right to choose. That is why I believe that she agreed to it. So that no other woman has to go through what she did. why should a gentleman tell a lady what to do with her body. Isn’t that a lady’s business?

Yes, absolutely. As I said before, it's HER decision and no one else's. Fetuses aren't babies, by the way.

If you were convinced that fetuses were human beings, would you then be willing to restrict abortion?

If you were convinced that fetuses were human beings, would you then be willing to restrict abortion?

A human fetus is human. It will be a human person when it is born. Before it is born it is a human fetus not a human being. Even if it was a homunculus it is the purview of the woman and should be legal.

A human fetus is human. It will be a human person when it is born. Before it is born it is a human fetus not a human being. Even if it was a homunculus it is the purview of the woman and should be legal.

These are just word games. If we said blacks were human animals, or human bipeds, but not human beings, would that make killing them any less murderous? All you're doing is what the Nazis did - classifying the target as something other than a human being.

These are just word games. If we said blacks were human animals, or human bipeds, but not human beings, would that make killing them any less murderous? All you're doing is what the Nazis did - classifying the target as something other than a human being.
What authority that Americans are obligated to follow says that unborn humans have a right to life?

I've already said I'm not willing to restrict or ban abortion at all, under any circumstances. And I'll say it many more times, if necessary. It's for each woman who is pregnant, to decide for herself, whether or not to continue a pregnancy. It isn't up to you -- nor should it ever be -- to make that choice for anyone but yourself.

No. They are human beings. I agree people play word games here. They are humans and dead humans after the abortion.

And I support that

Back
Top Bottom