• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrat Eric Swalwell suggests “kicking every Russian student” out of U.S. universities

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – A Bay Area Representative suggested in a CNN interview that the country should kick “every Russian student out” of universities in retaliation against Russian President Vladamir Putin.

Rep. Eric Swalwell was interviewed on Thursday. In the interview, Swalwell said that “closing their embassy in the United States” and “kicking every Russian student out” of the country should be on the table.

Here is Swalwell’s full response from the interview:

“Everything we do has to be aligned with our allies and the fact that we were able to get the Germans to stop this pipeline, that’s huge. That’s U.S. leadership on the international stage, and so, we want to move with our allies in NATO but also in countries, like Japan, who can, you know, take quite swift and severe actions against Russia. But yes, on the table should be sanctioning Putin personally. Completely taking them out of the European and international banking system which is known as SWIFT. Frankly, I think closing their embassy in the United States, kicking every Russian student out of the United States, those should all be on the table, and Putin needs to know that every day that he is in Ukraine, there are more severe options that could come.”

I see Democrats are back to their same ways in the 1940s. Punishing American students because of their ethnicity?

Pathetic.

I see Democrats are back to their same ways in the 1940s. Punishing American students because of their ethnicity?

Bucky, learning rather late in life, that citizens of Russia are attending American schools.
Was his mind blown? Or will he even understand this? Let's watch. Gosh this really deserves its own thread right?

Last edited:
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – A Bay Area Representative suggested in a CNN interview that the country should kick “every Russian student out” of universities in retaliation against Russian President Vladamir Putin.

Rep. Eric Swalwell was interviewed on Thursday. In the interview, Swalwell said that “closing their embassy in the United States” and “kicking every Russian student out” of the country should be on the table.

“Everything we do has to be aligned with our allies and the fact that we were able to get the Germans to stop this pipeline, that’s huge. That’s U.S. leadership on the international stage, and so, we want to move with our allies in NATO but also in countries, like Japan, who can, you know, take quite swift and severe actions against Russia. But yes, on the table should be sanctioning Putin personally. Completely taking them out of the European and international banking system which is known as SWIFT. Frankly, I think closing their embassy in the United States, kicking every Russian student out of the United States, those should all be on the table, and Putin needs to know that every day that he is in Ukraine, there are more severe options that could come.”

Pathetic.

So you DO see Russian nationals* as Americans.
Hmmmm, now do Mexicans. 😆😆😆

*As long as they love Trump and slurp Putin, right?

PS: The Soviet Union AND Russia have kicked American citizens out of universities on several occasions in the past.
Did you make shit up and cry then?

Pathetic.
Dumb idea!

If I were President I would push to fast track every Russian student that wanted it to Citizenship in the U.S. as long as they renounced their Russian Citizenship. As for any that didn't want it, I would just leave them be.

Pathetic.

Citizenship seems to be the issue here.

Pathetic.
Um...he's not talking about citizens of Russian heritage, he's talking about actual Russians attending US colleges. Lord.

No mention of Chinese students I see.

Swallows-well knows too well to want that.

0_DSOL_Christine_Fang_2.jpg

Last edited:
I'd go the other way. Offer citizenship.

The EU should offer European citizenship to every Russian soldier who wants to defect. Putin would lose his army in a day.

Pathetic.
I like how he is giving mr magoo credit for Germany's decision to close the pipeline lol

Pathetic.

I think thats a dumb idea at this time.

No mention of Chinese students I see.

Swallows-well knows too well to want that.
Did China invade someone recently or is this just some random comment?

He quite clearly said that sending Russian students home "should be on the table", along with other actions that can be considered.

I'd go the other way. Offer citizenship.

The EU should offer European citizenship to every Russian soldier who wants to defect. Putin would lose his army in a day.

I dont know if any of that is a good idea. We aren't at open hostilities yet and we better hope we never are. I think Biden should just lay low, give the sanctions and banking restrictions time to take hold, keep an eye on the ground in Ukraine, offer aid.

Did China invade someone recently or is this just some random comment?
Golly gee, how random of me! No way to imagine them invading anybody right now! Nahhh

Nahhh :rolleyes:

Golly gee, how random of me! No way to imagine them invading anybody right now! Nahhh

Nahhh :rolleyes:

Where's the invasion?

I'm not Chinese - go ask your handlers in Beijing, if you need to know the exact timing
You're the one who made the comment about Swalwell not mentioning Chinese students.

Ive been saying this for YEARS about Chinese student's.

about time ERIC SWALLOWS!! and I agree on something

Back
Top Bottom