• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrat Economics Work Great if You're: 1) In Congress; or 2) Aren't Human

You're deluded.

Go back to reading your Union Newsletter so you can have your opinions reinforced.

repetition, delusion, spin. what else can you post? anyhoo, see how you cant discuss the facts that I posted. Its a debate forum. Its not a "avoid facts at all costs to cling to silly republican narratives" forum. Now please explain how you cling to your narrative "bush tried to warn us" when bush said there was nothing wrong with Freddie and fannie and said there is no housing bubble.

And we have to go back at least 35 years to find an economy almost as bad as we have now. Why hasn't your Progressive genius been able to change this trend? He's given us "shovel ready jobs that weren't shovel ready", through his Stimulus 1 & 2. His Obama-care has created more unemployment and taken jobs away from teens by forcing Americans to take part-time jobs. The American economy is no longer based upon a 40 hour week. Why is that? BTW blaming anyone other than Obama and Democrats for this is obviously illogical.

Proof on Obamacare because it hasnt full started another rightwing myth. Premiums are going up in Texas because Gov good hair will not use the exchanges!

The Huffington Post - Fannie Mae Ignored Crucial Warnings Of ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/05/fannie-mae-mortgage-crisis_n...
Feb 05, 2012 · President Bush warned congress about Fannie, ... Morgenson is one of the best business writers in America ... Fannie/Freddie are sound and have no problems ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Jawa Report: Bush, GOP Warned of Fannie-Freddie …
mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/194136.php
Bush, GOP Warned of Fannie-Freddie Crisis ... ''The more people exaggerate these problems, ... America can't afford more of these people.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
House Dems: Obama’s Response to Mortgage Crisis is Insufficient ...
visiontoamerica.com › Economics

The first thing we need to do is arrest Barney Frank, ... B Frank, C. Dodd (retired), Chuck Schumer, N ... The rest of the dims are going to tell him more of his bs ...

Of course Vern researched the issue diligently only through Alternet, Moveon, TPM, and the CPUSA.

that statement (there is no bubble) goes to the heart of the republican narrative that "bush tried to warn us". Combine that with Bush saying there is nothing wrong with Freddie and Fannie and there is simply no way anybody can claim "bush tried to warn us". I don't even have to discuss the toxic Bush policies from 2004.

That is fine but I'd be willing to bet you don't discuss the toxic Clinton policies.

Proof on Obamacare because it hasnt full started another rightwing myth. Premiums are going up in Texas because Gov good hair will not use the exchanges!

What of the other states where premiums are skyrocketing? I have to agree with you in that ObamaCare hasn't been fully implemented. What happens when it becomes fully in force. Then explain why more than 1,000 corporations have received wavers which doesn't include the wavers to Unions and Federal workers to include Congress?

That is fine but I'd be willing to bet you don't discuss the toxic Clinton policies.

I have to assume that you are admitting in a back door way that “bush tried to warn us” is a false narrative. That’s what we were discussing and now you seem to be not discussing.

And if you want to discuss something, by all means, lets discuss it but I’m not aware of any toxic housing policies from Clinton. Is there some policy that you are aware of from Clinton that allowed banks to lower their lending standards in late 2004 and prevented Bush’s regulators from enforcing lending standards?

I can post Bush’s housing policies that encouraged, funded and protected the mortgage bubble and they perfectly explain why Bush’s regulators did nothing to stop the lower lending standards.

So, to be clear, there was absolutely no cost during the obama administration for either the Iraq or the Afghanistan wars?

No cost during the Obama administration for the 2nd HALF of the TARP funds that Obama spent all by himself or the 1st Half that he spent again after the banks repaid it?

No cost for the tax cuts that expired in the first year of the Obama administration that Obama signed into law?

No cost for the Medicare Drug Benefit that obama allows to continue?

Under Bush, in 8 years, the debt increased by about 5 trillion and under Obama for 4 years, the debt increased by about 6 trillion.

Bush spent money like a sailor on a three day leave and Obama spends money like a pimp with three days to live. I wouldn't trust either one with the rent money.

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2012

Good catch. Statistics don't lie, liars lie and this is clearly a case of someone looking at Obama with rose colored glasses.

Hey fisher, I found a Clinton housing policy you might be interested in. It actually reined in Freddie and Fannie’s subprime purchases. Guess who reversed it and guess what year?

"(In 2000) HUD restricted Freddie and Fannie, saying it would not credit them for loans they purchased that had abusively high costs or that were granted without regard to the borrower's ability to repay."

How HUD Mortgage Policy Fed The Crisis

"In 2004, the 2000 rules were dropped and high risk loans were again counted toward affordable housing goals."

HTTP://WWW.PRMIA.ORG/PDF/CASE_STUDIES/FANNIE_MAE_AND_FREDDIE_MAC_090911_V2.PDF

Of course Vern researched the issue diligently only through Alternet, Moveon, TPM, and the CPUSAB

again wehr, do you have the slightest idea what "ignore" means? anyhoo, about your latest false point, in this thread, I've posted testimony from the house hearings on GSE reform, Bush's Working Group on Finanical Markets, the Atlanta Reserve bank, Market watch and the WP. If you had the courage to click on my FAQ thread you would see an even more impressive collection of solid factual links.

wehr when you post facts like I do, you can post solid factual links. When you post lies and spin like you do, well you post silly 'editorials' like you do.

Back
Top Bottom