• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democracy just is a troubling obstacle that needs to ignored

jbander

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
"* April 2011: House Republicans threaten a government shutdown unless Democrats accept GOP demands on spending cuts.
* July 2011: Republicans create the first-ever debt-ceiling crisis, threatening to default on the nation’s debts unless Democrats accept GOP demands on spending cuts.

* September 2011: Republicans threaten another shutdown.

* April 2012: Republicans threaten another shutdown.

* December 2012: Republicans spend months refusing to negotiate in the lead up to the so-called “fiscal cliff.”

* January 2013: Republicans raise the specter of another debt-ceiling crisis.

* September 2013: Republicans threaten another shutdown.

* October 2013: Republicans actually shut down the government.

* February 2014: Republicans raise the specter of another debt-ceiling crisis.

* December 2014: Republicans threaten another shutdown.

* February 2015: Republicans threaten a Department of Homeland Security shutdown.

* September 2015: Republicans threaten another shutdown [over Planned Parenthood]."

We as a country have to get rid of any influence this group has. Demographics will do just that but anything that can be done before that takes place is important to the values and future of this country. When this happens a new conservative movement will be created , this one will believe in our countr, our republic and our government and do something they haven't done in years, Help people who make under$250,000.00 a year.

So you would prefer the President legislate through executive order instead?

"* April 2011: House Republicans threaten a government shutdown unless Democrats accept GOP demands on spending cuts.
* July 2011: Republicans create the first-ever debt-ceiling crisis, threatening to default on the nation’s debts unless Democrats accept GOP demands on spending cuts.

* December 2012: Republicans spend months refusing to negotiate in the lead up to the so-called “fiscal cliff.”

* February 2015: Republicans threaten a Department of Homeland Security shutdown.

* September 2015: Republicans threaten another shutdown [over Planned Parenthood]."

We as a country have to get rid of any influence this group has. Demographics will do just that but anything that can be done before that takes place is important to the values and future of this country. When this happens a new conservative movement will be created , this one will believe in our countr, our republic and our government and do something they haven't done in years, Help people who make under$250,000.00 a year.

So instead of standing up for their constituents, the GOP should just give in to every demand from the Dems.???? That what we keep hearing - that opposition to Dems. is somehow wrong.

Wow.....

So you're all for a authortarianism and stripping all those who dont share your seriously twisted world view of their civil rights and you want to base that on Political affiliation ?

Yea there's nothing regressive about that, is there ?

Actually, your post is one of the most backwards and ignorant things Ive ever seen anyone post on a internet forum.

Wow.....

So you're all for a authortarianism and stripping all those who dont share your seriously twisted world view of their civil rights and you want to base that on Political affiliation ?

Yea there's nothing regressive about that, is there ?

Actually, your post is one of the most backwards and ignorant things Ive ever seen anyone post on a internet forum.

Seems to me just a few days ago...you found one of my posts to be one of the most ignorant things you've ever seen posted.

Kinda over-doing that meme, aren't you?

J made some pretty good points in his post...and he seemed to do it with lots of deference to conservatism.

One of the reasons why I almost always use "American conservatism" in my posts...is because there are good qualities to conservatism. Unfortunately, American conservatism often soils the good qualities with excrement.

Seems to me just a few days ago...you found one of my posts to be one of the most ignorant things you've ever seen posted.

J made some pretty good points in his post...and he seemed to do it with lots of deference to conservatism.

One of the reasons why I almost always use "American conservatism" in my posts...is because there are good qualities to conservatism. Unfortunately, American conservatism often soils the good qualities with excrement.

I think you have me confused with someone else Frank.

You and the Ops author DO have something in common though.

Niether one of you has any idea what Conservatism is, American or otherwise.

No, what you oppose and obsess over is some partisan cartoon characterization you've created out of whole cloth.

Not real Conservatism. Now if you think you can top the twisted crap the Ops author just posted then be my guest

I think you have me confused with someone else Frank.

You and the Ops author DO have something in common though.

Niether one of you has any idea what Conservatism is, American or otherwise.

No, what you oppose and obsess over is some partisan cartoon characterization you've created out of whole cloth.

Not real Conservatism. Now if you think you can top the twisted crap the Ops author just posted then be my guest

I don't think I have you confused with anyone else.

I do have a decent idea of what American conservatism is.

I do realize there are many American conservatives who think they can cast away people by calling them conservatives-in-name-only.

If you are an American conservative, whether you like it or not, you are part of a group that is a great danger to our country and the world...as I said, a cancer on the American body politic.

Hopefully, this election will finally put American conservatism's place in society into proper perspective.

I don't think I have you confused with anyone else.

I do have a decent idea of what American conservatism is.

I do realize there are many American conservatives who think they can cast away people by calling them conservatives-in-name-only.

If you are an American conservative, whether you like it or not, you are part of a group that is a great danger to our country and the world...as I said, a cancer on the American body politic.

Hopefully, this election will finally put American conservatism's place in society into proper perspective.

No, you dont.

Your idea of Conservatism is nothing more than a list of empty left wing talking points and false narratives dreamed up by left wing ideologues.

Conservatism isn't defined by those who oppose it.

And dangerous is floating the idea of authortarianism and violating the civil rights of millions of Americans just because they think differently than you do.

You think the author of the Op made some good points ? Well I bet you did

And yes, Im a PROUD American Conservative and desperate opposition like the Ops post is a good sign

It just proves that the ONLY way the Left can compete, and gain power and influence in a open and free society is to resort to tyranny and oppression . Some things never change

The 2016 regressives are as you said Excrement powered. If this is the party that conservitives want, then they have a mental problem that needs to be addressed. You can't have the cornerstone of any political party policy that is destroying the country it exists in. This group will die by demographics , in fact I see no way for them to get around that, among their long list of things on their hate list, are also the fastest growing sector of our population. There is no way they will forget how they were treated by the regressive of the last decade. So much hatred in fact that their presidential candidate is the ultimate of everything bad in this country, you name it he ****s on it.

So you would prefer the President legislate through executive order instead?
No the regressive party is the executive order party, that is fine with people like you until a black president does it, then it is a threat to this country.

So instead of standing up for their constituents, the GOP should just give in to every demand from the Dems.???? That what we keep hearing - that opposition to Dems. is somehow wrong.
Nope you don't understand, conservatism is one of the cornerstones of this country, but a conservative party that has turned into the hate party needs to be disposed of. I'll do anything I can to achieve that goal. Conservatism now is a ugly thing, a threat to our values and country. Like I said it has to be dumped. The conservative party that will replace it won't be able to use the republican name anymore, it is completely poisoned and would be rejected. What is more telling of it being the hate party then their presidential candidate.

No the regressive party is the executive order party, that is fine with people like you until a black president does it, then it is a threat to this country.

:lamo

The guy who just proposed violating the civil rights of tens of millions of Americans is now playing the race card.

Makes sense. The Democrat party did fillibuster the 1964 voting rights act and introduced the world to Jim Crowe.

Nope you don't understand, conservatism is one of the cornerstones of this country, but a conservative party that has turned into the hate party needs to be disposed of. I'll do anything I can to achieve that goal. Conservatism now is a ugly thing, a threat to our values and country. Like I said it has to be dumped. The conservative party that will replace it won't be able to use the republican name anymore, it is completely poisoned and would be rejected. What is more telling of it being the hate party then their presidential candidate.

You'll do anything to stop Conservatives ? Can you be specific?

Glad we got Hillary and Trump to clean up that messy issue of democracy in the 2016 election.

Democracy in our country is exactly that thing that allows you to post your drivel...drivel that slams those you don't like while ignoring the transgressions of those you do like. Perhaps you should celebrate Democracy instead of recommending it is ignored. The thing is...Democracy could be ignored by the Republicans as easily as the Democrats. That would put you guys in a pretty pickle, wouldn't it?

No reasons why, just attacks and insults...

No, you dont.

Your idea of Conservatism is nothing more than a list of empty left wing talking points and false narratives dreamed up by left wing ideologues.

Conservatism isn't defined by those who oppose it.

And dangerous is floating the idea of authortarianism and violating the civil rights of millions of Americans just because they think differently than you do.

You think the author of the Op made some good points ? Well I bet you did

And yes, Im a PROUD American Conservative and desperate opposition like the Ops post is a good sign

It just proves that the ONLY way the Left can compete, and gain power and influence in a open and free society is to resort to tyranny and oppression . Some things never change

One good thing: American conservatives are regularly denying that they are what so many see them to be...and they are at least pretending they are something else.

At least that means even they see American conservatism for the pile of manure it is.

Now, if they can only do something about their denial.

Nothing partisan about that statement.

:lamo

The guy who just proposed violating the civil rights of tens of millions of Americans is now playing the race card.

Makes sense. The Democrat party did fillibuster the 1964 voting rights act and introduced the world to Jim Crowe.

The American conservatives...who at that time were in the Democratic Party...did that.

American conservatives have been on the disgusting side of every major political division this country has ever faced...from the very beginning.

The American conservatives were the ones who wanted to stay loyal to George III. The American conservatives were the ones who wanted slavery to exist.

Yeah...the American conservatives have polluted both major political parties...but it is the American conservatives who did that filibustering.

Glad you see that for the piece of crap it was.

Now if you can only find a way to own it...as you should.

What two tools did Obama run to when Republicans shut him down in Congress?

Reinterpreting existing law.
Executive order.

The American conservatives...who at that time were in the Democratic Party...did that.

American conservatives have been on the disgusting side of every major political division this country has ever faced...from the very beginning.

The American conservatives were the ones who wanted to stay loyal to George III. The American conservatives were the ones who wanted slavery to exist.

Yeah...the American conservatives have polluted both major political parties...but it is the American conservatives who did that filibustering.

Glad you see that for the piece of crap it was.

Now if you can only find a way to own it...as you should.

The irony Frank, the irony.

You're the one that needs to take ownership, because that ridiculous cartoon characterization of a Conservative that you've got swimming around in your head is your problem, not mine or any other Conservatives

Honestly, how can I or any other Conservative own someone else's hatred and ignorance ?

Christ sake, take responsibility for your prejudices instead of trying to childishly project your anger and hatred onto other people.

Grow up, Frank

The irony Frank, the irony.

You're the one that needs to take ownership, because that ridiculous cartoon characterization of a Conservative that you've got swimming around in your head is your problem, not mine or any other Conservatives

Honestly, how can I or any other Conservative own someone else's hatred and ignorance ?

Christ sake, take responsibility for your prejudices instead of trying to childishly project your anger and hatred onto other people.

Grow up, Frank

I'm all grown up, Fenton. It is you who needs to do some growing up.

American conservatives were the ones saying that "George III is our liege lord to whom we owe allegiance. Talk of breaking away is treason."

American conservatives were the ones who wanted slavery to be a "states rights" issue...who wanted states to be able to choose enslaving people.

And American conservatives were the ones setting dogs and fire hoses on blacks demanding to be free in the South during the 1960's and 70's.

You guys have been on the wrong side of every important issue this country has ever faced.

But denial runs deep in American conservatives...as it does in you.

What two tools did Obama run to when Republicans shut him down in Congress?

Reinterpreting existing law.
Executive order.
Like I said nothing but bull****-----Screenshot from 2016-06-12 12:43:11.jpg The regressive party is the Executive order party exactly like I said.

Nothing partisan about that statement.
Post 23 supports my comment. 100%, I guess it is partisan when it proves you guys wrong.

Back
Top Bottom