• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Demcrats,the party of DEATH.

JOHNYJ

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
The Sam Alito hearings proved once again that the democratic party,is the party of death.
Over and over the left wing democrats harped on abortion . They gave lip service to other topics,but. Their main focus was abortion !

So pushing for war against people that are already alive is better than supporting abortion which is the destruction of undeveloped embryos?

Do you have any actual argument here? I don't know what rock you've been under lately, but abortion is a HUGE issue these days. It's certainly no secret that most Democrats are pro choice, so what exactly is your point here? What are you trying to debate?

Oh, and actually, as I recall, it was the Republicans preaching about abortion more than anyone during Alito's hearings.

Okay, I am getting sick of the vilification that the democratic party has to be subjected too because all of these pro-life suporters refuse to come to grips with reality. I'll write in bold letters so you can understand. PRO-CHOICE IS NOT THE SAME AS PRO-DEATH. Abortion should not be used as a normal (if you conservatives say that normal is a relative term according to the moral values of someone, you're really stretching your argument that is already on false footing, stating that democrats are for death and all) birth control method, but in cases of an accidental pregnancy, rape, or other justified reason it should be allowed.

Engimo said:
So pushing for war against people that are already alive is better than supporting abortion which is the destruction of undeveloped embryos?
Consider this: Our Constitution demands that all be aforded due prosess. No one may be deprived of life, liberty, or property absent due prosess. If that is correct then no one can be aborted.
Right or wrong?
If you say that I am wrong then please explain why.

maryk1 said:
Consider this: Our Constitution demands that all be aforded due prosess. No one may be deprived of life, liberty, or property absent due prosess. If that is correct then no one can be aborted.
Right or wrong?

Wrong. The Constitution gives this right to people. An embryo is not a person, it is entirely undeveloped.

That takes my breath away. If it is not a human and deserving of all human rights then it must be something else. What is it?Its origin is human, its grwoth in the womb is human, and its birth is human.
Yet Democrats would tell us that it is inhumanm. Is that your position?
What I have posited is merely basic biology and impossible to counter or

maryk1 said:
That takes my breath away. If it is not a human and deserving of all human rights then it must be something else. What is it?Its origin is human, its grwoth in the womb is human, and its birth is human.
Yet Democrats would tell us that it is inhumanm. Is that your position?

An embryo has not been born yet. A 1st trimester embryo is as human to me as a skin cell.

Engimo said:
Wrong. The Constitution gives this right to people. An embryo is not a person, it is entirely undeveloped.
OK. I get your position. Yet you tell me nothing about what this "thing" is. You say that is entirely undeveloped. Does it become developed at birth, at the age of 10, 40, 80-What?
You in your brief bio pretend to be a scientific person any yet you discard scientific fact.
Are you unaware that this think in the womb is of human origin, developement in the womb and destined for human birth.
How would you regard a operson who is comatose and has no chance of living out this year? Is he human or inhuman.
I see that you are of the Left gland. I have come to the belief that the only truth is what left philosophy dictates it to be.

maryk1 said:
Right or wrong?
Actually, it is no PERSON, not no "one." As such, this is irrelevant to abortion, other than as a pro-life sophistry point. But even if you granted personhood to an embryo, there is still no allowance for a "person" to use another person's bodily resources against their will. I can't force you to give blood, a simple, 15-minute deal from which you completely recover, so a person certainly would not be allowed a 9-month enslavement of the woman with serious discomfort and risk of health and life.

So your point really doesn't matter until you also start arguing that you and I can be forced to give our bodily resources against our will.

maryk1 said:
Now, now, Mary. You are slipping into dishonest sophistry here, please avoid that.

"human" is a species designation, but "a human" is the description of an individual. When you use the two concepts interchangeably, then your argument becomes dishonest.

You wouldn't want to be dishonest, would you now? The words and descriptors you use, they DO matter here. So please take great care in what you actually are saying so as to not slip into the revisionist linguistic hyperbole and dishonesty of pro-life arguments, thanks.

Yet Democrats would tell us that it is inhumanm.
No, democrats would not tell us that. Now you are outright lying, which is not very nice. You REALLY need to take care of you word choice. I have no knowledge of any democrat making a claim of the lack of human species designation to the products of conception. Right now you are just spewing deceptive sophistry. Could you please retreat from such a dishonest position, thanks.

Is that your position?
Actually, you did NOT post any basic biology. There is one thing here that ticks me off more than anything else, and that is when people make false claims about science. hence, I spend a good deal of time raking lying creationists over the coals, and some less time raking lying pro-lifers over the coals. Please don't make claims about a scientific foundation for your claims when they are sophistry and opinions.

At this point, your claim is false. Now, you know, so if you repeat it, then you are sliding into knowingly posting falsehoods, aka. lying.

Do you bear false witness as a habit?

maryk1 said:
OK. I get your position. Yet you tell me nothing about what this "thing" is.
Well, it is a human embryo and then a human fetus. before implantation, it is a human zygote, human morula or a human blastocyst. And before then, the live components are human sperm and human ovum.

You say that is entirely undeveloped.
Well, engimo said that it wasn't yet developed as a person. And that certainly is true.

Does it become developed at birth, at the age of 10, 40, 80-What?[/qyuote]The developmental stage corresponding with "person" begins right after birth.

You in your brief bio pretend to be a scientific person any yet you discard scientific fact.
FYI, such lies about other people are called ad hominems. It is not very nice, rather dishonest and to some extend a sign of cowardess:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Are you unaware that this think in the womb is of human origin, developement in the womb and destined for human birth.
Well, it is not "destined" for anythign at all, but otherwise, you are not saying anything we don't know.

How would you regard a operson who is comatose and has no chance of living out this year? Is he human or inhuman.
he is a human and a person. Didn't you know?

I see that you are of the Left gland. I have come to the belief that the only truth is what left philosophy dictates it to be.
"left gland"?

The Democrat party is controled by the far left. Though the majority of its members are centerists. People who would call themselves democrats if asked repeatedly vote Republican,because. The party they feel a part of is controled by people who have little in common with them.
Senator Kerry not only had little in common with rank & file democrats he couldn't even make himself understood to them.
Senator Kennedy hates being called a " Liberal " he uses the word " Progressive " ,baloney. The Last progressive was Theodore Roosevelt and he was a Republican.
The Democratic party was sapose to go back to its roots. After the crushing defeat s in the 04 elections. Mister Dean himself said that. The problem is the leadership of the party are ideologues. They are incapable of change.
On abortion the democratic party supports abortion on demand. Calling themselves pro choice is a joke. Most Americans know that.
The phrase " party of death " is quite accurate for the democratic party. How far they would go in their blanket support of abortion is unknown.

JOHNYJ said:
The Democrat party is controled by the far left.
What display of utter ignorance. The Democrats are not trying to abolish private property or private businesses, f.ex. You seem to have no clue what "far let" is. :roll:
The rest of your post is just rambling "just because I say so" falsehoods, and thus are irrelevant to the real world.

JOHNYJ said:
The Sam Alito hearings proved once again that the democratic party,is the party of death.
Over and over the left wing democrats harped on abortion . They gave lip service to other topics,but. Their main focus was abortion !

You’re 100% right!

This has been in the courts for too long,
it has wasted 100’s of millions of dollars.

It has no place in the courts.

Its between the woman, the man and whatever god they believe in.
PERIOD!

Steen, you got this right!

"No, at a time when the nation is beset by serious problems in so many critical areas -- including Iraq, terrorism, the economy, energy, education and health care -- the issue that obsesses our elected leaders to the point of paralyzing government at the federal, state and local levels for weeks, is: Terri Schiavo's feeding tube. This, unfortunately, is not a joke.--Dave Barry"

steen said:
What display of utter ignorance. The Democrats are not trying to abolish private property or private businesses, f.ex. You seem to have no clue what "far let" is. :roll:
The rest of your post is just rambling "just because I say so" falsehoods, and thus are irrelevant to the real world.
I have not the least idea what you are talking abput. I do not recall submitting anything remorely resembling what yhou cite me as saying.
Please review and let me know since I sometimes do what later astounds me.

maryk1 said:
I have not the least idea what you are talking abput. I do not recall submitting anything remorely resembling what yhou cite me as saying.

Uh....you had nothing to do with the post you just quoted....

maryk1 said:
I were replying to JonnyK's post. Sorry if I was not clear.

A bit off topic, but still....

What does "The Democratic party is controlled by the far-left" supposed to mean? What significance does that hold? Of course it is! As much as the Republican Party is controlled by the far right! Think about it. If you're a moderate in one of those parties, you're not going to be in control of that party, now, are you? The parties' platforms are the definition of far-left or far-right!

Sorry, but I have a real hard time when people say The ______ Party is far-____. Because, I'm like, "Yeah?" It's true. Moderate politicans are the ones who do not accept all of their parties' beliefs.

Anyway, on topic...

I'm not good with abortion, 'cause I don't know what to believe. I'm an independent who usually is on the left side of things, but I'm also a practicing Catholic. I hate it when I can see both sides of an issue; don't you? But calling Democrats "the party of death" when our completely Republican-controlled government is killing Iraqis and even our brave soldiers overseas each and every day sounds, shall I say, ignorant.

JOHNYJ said:

Well the Republicans aren't much better, we hear a lot of talk, but he Reps have not stopped Roe , and they could, Abortion has no constitutional protections, in fact the Constitution is Against Abortion.

liberal1 said, "PRO-CHOICE IS NOT THE SAME AS PRO-DEATH."

In my opinion and many others... to be pro-choice about abortion is to be pro-abortion. This is taken from the book, ProLIFE Answers to ProChoice Arguments, by Randy Alcorn. (page 133)

“Suppose drug dealing were legalized, as some have advocated. Then suppose you heard someone argue this way for selling cocaine:

I am personally not in favor of drug dealing, but this is a matter for a drug dealer to decide between himself and his attorney. Lots of religious people are against drug dealing, but they have no right to force the anti-cocaine morality on others. We don’t want to go back to the days when drug dealing was done in back alleys and people died from poorly mixed cocaine, and when only rich people could get drugs and poor people couldn’t. It’s better now that qualified drug dealers can safely give cocaine to children. I personally wouldn’t buy drugs, so I’m not pro-drugs, you understand, I’m just pro-choice about drug dealing.

In terms of moral impact, there is NO significant moral difference between people who are in favor of drug dealing and people who don’t like it personally but believe it should be legal. Someone who is pro-choice about rape might argue that this is not the same as being pro-rape. But what is the real difference? Wouldn’t being pro-choice about rape allow and effectively promote the legitimacy of rape?

Those who were pro-choice about slavery fancied that their moral position was sound if they didn’t own slaves. Yet it was not just the proslavery position but the pro-choice about slavery position, that resulted in the exploitation, beatings and deaths of innocent people in this country. Similarly most people in Germany did not favor the killing of Jews, but they did nothing to stop that killing.

Some people have the illusion that being personally opposed to abortion while believing others should be free to choose it is some kind of compromise between the pro-abortion and pro-life positions. It is not. Pro-choice people vote the same as pro-abortion people. Both oppose legal protection for the innocent unborn. Both are willing for children to die by abortion and must take responsibility for the killing of those babies even if they do not participate directly. To the baby who dies it makes no difference whether those who refuse to protect her were pro-abortion or merely pro-choice.

If abortion doesn’t kill children, why would someone be opposed to it? If it does kill children, why would someone defend another’s right to do it?
Being personally against abortion but favoring another’s right to abortion is self-contradictory. It’s like saying, “I’m against child abuse, but I defend my neighbors right to beat his children, if that is his choice.” or “I am against genocide but if others want to kill off an entire race, that’s none of my business.

Pro-choice is a vote for abortion, maybe not for you but for someone else.

Back
Top Bottom