• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dem turnout down millions cough, cough

Exclusive Data Analysis: Democrat Turnout Collapses Down More Than 4.5 Million, Nearly 20 Percent In 2016 Versus 2008

Exclusive Data Analysis: Democrat Turnout Collapses Down More Than 4.5 Million, Nearly 20 Percent In 2016 Versus 2008 - Breitbart

There is a reason you should not use stupid sources like Brietbart.

Primary Turnout Means Nothing For The General Election | FiveThirtyEight

But Democrats shouldn’t worry. Republicans shouldn’t celebrate. As others have pointed out, voter turnout is an indication of the competitiveness of a primary contest, not of what will happen in the general election. The GOP presidential primary is more competitive than the Democratic race.

Indeed, history suggests that there is no relationship between primary turnout and the general election outcome. You can see this on the most basic level by looking at raw turnout in years in which both parties had competitive primaries. There have been six of those years in the modern era: 1976, 1980, 1988, 1992, 2000 and 2008.

As first written up by PolitiFact, the party that had higher turnout in the primary won the national popular vote three times and lost three times. If you look at the Electoral College, the party that had the higher turnout in the primary won four times. That can hardly be described as predictive.

Why do you use a source that consistently is deceptive?

Damn you and your minute!!!!

Breitbart exists now to tell Trump fans what they want to hear. :(

That is true of most if not all opinion based sources. Brietbart, DU, National Review, and on and on.

It seems to me the appropriate rebuttals and materials have been presented here.

I have nothing to add, accept to agree with those who disagree! :thumbs:

Exclusive Data Analysis: Democrat Turnout Collapses Down More Than 4.5 Million, Nearly 20 Percent In 2016 Versus 2008

Exclusive Data Analysis: Democrat Turnout Collapses Down More Than 4.5 Million, Nearly 20 Percent In 2016 Versus 2008 - Breitbart
Primaries, does not matter. But per the Electoral College the Dems already have the lead. The GOP should have picked a better Leader instead of allowing a Democrat to take the lead and maybe the outcome would be different, As it is we are going to get our first female President, I would have picked someone better but hey it is what it is.

Primaries, does not matter. But per the Electoral College the Dems already have the lead. The GOP should have picked a better Leader instead of allowing a Democrat to take the lead and maybe the outcome would be different, As it is we are going to get our first female President, I would have picked someone better but hey it is what it is.

Fools should not be voting for a scumbag like Hillary.....she will make a bigger mess of this country than obama has! The GOP haven't picked anyone yet, but the Hillary voters will reap their just rewards of turd pie, if Hillary is elected!

Fools should not be voting for a scumbag like Hillary.....she will make a bigger mess of this country than obama has! The GOP haven't picked anyone yet, but the Hillary voters will reap their just rewards of turd pie, if Hillary is elected!

Some of the best Roman emperors were fantastic liars, you know...

While I would prefer someone to be competent, safe, and honest, I'll take competence and safety over general honesty. I'm pragmatic like that.

(Qualifier: I still don't know what I'm going to do, or not do, in November)

I like how, when your initial failed argument fails, you just switch to another failed argument.

Fools should not be voting for a scumbag like Trump.....he will make a bigger mess of this country than obama has! The dems haven't picked anyone yet, but the Trump voters will reap their just rewards of turd pie, if Trump is elected!

You know what? I think you're on to something. It's fun just spouting bull **** here.

Well then a whole lot of people are going to be voting for her, I will not be one. But speaking of Fools, anyone that believe that the GOP has a snowballs chance in Hades of winning with either Trump or Cruz is not in a position to point to the foolishness of others. Sure they have either Trump gets the nomination or a large chunk of Repub voters will passing on the election. Your bigger concern is not the Whitehouse, the GOP lost that months ago, but retaining control of the Senate, when voters are disgusted with their Parties choice they do not just tend to pass on voting for the President but skip the election all together, not good for the GOP.

Fools should not be voting for a scumbag like Trump.....he will make a bigger mess of this country than obama has! The dems haven't picked anyone yet, but the Trump voters will reap their just rewards of turd pie, if Trump is elected!

You know what? I think you're on to something. It's fun just spouting bull **** here.

What one person sees as BS, another sees as Truth......in the eye of the beholder my friend.

They are all probably trying to rat **** the republican primary by propping up Trump so that Clinton can curb stomp him in the general.

And Trump....................may just curb stomp Hillary!

Well then a whole lot of people are going to be voting for her, I will not be one. But speaking of Fools, anyone that believe that the GOP has a snowballs chance in Hades of winning with either Trump or Cruz is not in a position to point to the foolishness of others. Sure they have either Trump gets the nomination or a large chunk of Repub voters will passing on the election. Your bigger concern is not the Whitehouse, the GOP lost that months ago, but retaining control of the Senate, when voters are disgusted with their Parties choice they do not just tend to pass on voting for the President but skip the election all together, not good for the GOP.

I wouldn't be to **** sure about that.......I say...give Trump a shot at it, if he turns out to be a bigger turd than Hillary, dump him in 2020. We all know what Hillary's track record of lies and deceit are.....starting way back during Watergate. How anyone can support her is way beyond my comprehension....she is evil, wicked, a liar and a crook.....yet some people here root for her. Unbelievable, blinders on, fools.

What do you think Hillary has in her bag?

I wouldn't be to **** sure about that.......I say...give Trump a shot at it, if he turns out to be a bigger turd than Hillary, dump him in 2020. We all know what Hillary's track record of lies and deceit are.....starting way back during Watergate. How anyone can support her is way beyond my comprehension....she is evil, wicked, a liar and a crook.....yet some people here root for her. Unbelievable, blinders on, fools.

I am 100% sure of that, Hillary is the establishment and as such has the support of the Party Leadership, including some form the "other" Party. Most Americans already know what kind of turd the Donald is and reject the idea of every putting his arse in Oval Office. As for lies, both are experts, so really a non-issue when it comes down to those two. As I said it is the GOP candidate that has to make up ground and that being the case along with the split within the GOP the odds of any GOP candidate winning somewhere around slim to none.

Back
Top Bottom