• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dem Leadership trying to create violence

cpwill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Joe Biden makes jokes about strangling Congressional Republicans who bring up trying to balance the budget, and President Obama (he of 'if they bring a knife we bring a gun' fame) promises hand-to-hand combat in the event of a Republican takeover of the House, while Biden promises apocalyptic 'playing Hell' if Democrats lose.

Folks, these are code-words, signals to the Democratic Base; to the lunatic left-wing fringe, to begin to ramp up after Republicans win back the house in November. These kinds of things create an 'atmosphere' where eventually extremism and even violence becomes accepted. Clearly saying stuff like this is dangerous, and demonstrates how radical these guys really are, and how they are willing to trample on all of our rights in order to force their left-wing agenda on us!

i mean, that's what it means when Sarah Palin says that it's time to reload after a political defeat, right?

Joe Biden makes jokes about strangling Congressional Republicans who bring up trying to balance the budget, and President Obama (he of 'if they bring a knife we bring a gun' fame) promises hand-to-hand combat in the event of a Republican takeover of the House, while Biden promises apocalyptic 'playing Hell' if Democrats lose.

Folks, these are code-words, signals to the Democratic Base; to the lunatic left-wing fringe, to begin to ramp up after Republicans win back the house in November. These kinds of things create an 'atmosphere' where eventually extremism and even violence becomes accepted. Clearly saying stuff like this is dangerous, and demonstrates how radical these guys really are, and how they are willing to trample on all of our rights in order to force their left-wing agenda on us!

i mean, that's what it means when Sarah Palin says that it's time to reload after a political defeat, right?

Come on... you know only Republicans espouse violent acts if they lose.

Come on... you know only Republicans espouse violent acts if they lose.

What we are missing here is context. Biden was not advocating anything (as compared to Angle suggesting that the losers of elections take up arms). What he said was wrong and unprofessional though (as the guy often is).

What we are missing here is context. Biden was not advocating anything (as compared to Angle suggesting that the losers of elections take up arms). What he said was wrong and unprofessional though (as the guy often is).

I do not disagree with anything you just said.

Speaking of context from the article:

The vice president said “if I hear one more Republican tell me about balancing the budget, I am going to strangle them. To the press: that’s a figure of speech.”

Is there a medal that someone gives for "Most Partisan"?

read that last line?

wander on over to the threads (it was almost prophetic, posting this) trying to blame beck for some nut out in california.

LOL...still doesn't cahnge the fact I don't disagree with those statements...LOL

I wasn't trying to challenge you, just owning up to a mistake...

Is that sarcasm?

In an affidavit, an Oakland police investigator reported that during an interview at the hospital, Williams "stated that his intention was to start a revolution by traveling to San Francisco and killing people of importance at the Tides Foundation and the ACLU."

Fifteen years after militia-movement-inspired bombers killed 168 people in the Oklahoma City federal building, right-wing domestic terror plots are a fact of life in America. Since 2008, violent extremists -- many of whom subscribe to the hate speech and conspiratorial fantasies of the conservative media -- have murdered churchgoers in Knoxville, police officers in Pittsburgh, and an abortion provider in Wichita.

John Hamilton: "Progressive Hunter" Jailhouse Confession: How the Right-Wing Media and Glenn Beck's Chalkboard Drove Byron Williams to Plot Assassination

But forget about all that - Joe Biden joked about strangling a Republican. Those evil Democrats.

Last edited:

:lol: that guy hurt no one. i'll give you that if you'll accept the guy who took on the Discovery Channel building based on Al Gore, and Al-Quada's announcement that it, too, is fighting the West because of Global Warming hysteria pushed by the same :).

Joe Biden makes a joke and Republicans get their panties in a twist about "threats of violence." But Sharron Angle seriously floats the idea of an armed uprising against a Democrat-controlled government and suddenly the political Right is strangely silent.

i couldn't care less about biden or the presidents' comments; the use of martial language in politics is pretty standard. i simply highlight them to point out the hilarious hypocricy of the left that twists themselves into hysterics whenever a republican suggests that we reload.

Well, it has happened before. Just ask mr obama's friends bill ayers and bernadine dorne.

You need to be sent to a camp to be re-educated my friend. In our progressive society, your thinking is intolerable.

Is there a medal that someone gives for "Most Partisan"?

I wish there was one, there would be a lot of medals in this place for Liberals, Conservatives, slightly Liberal, Libertarian, undisclosed, etc. etc.

Joe Biden makes a joke and Republicans get their panties in a twist about "threats of violence." But Sharron Angle seriously floats the idea of an armed uprising against a Democrat-controlled government and suddenly the political Right is strangely silent.

Joe Biden is a jerk and a talking puppet.

Back
Top Bottom