• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Dem Lawmaker's Meth Arrest

Pacridge

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
9
Location
Pacific Northwest US
For those of you outside Oregon and the Pacific Northwest who might not of heard of this:

Oregon Dem. Lawmaker Kelley Wirth was arrested for Meth possession. She was involved in a vehicle collision and the police found Meth in her car. The collision resulted when a girlfriend of one of the State Capitol building's janitor intentionally rammed her vehicle. The girlfriend claims the Lawmaker was having an affair with her boyfriend. In the article you'll note that she was the only Legislator to vote no on a bill to increase penelties for Meth possession. Huh, wonder why she voted that way?

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/112937437880311.xml&coll=7

This is from the same state that brought you David Wu. We sent him back to DC last election after it was revealed (and he admitted to it) that in college he sexually assaulted a young woman. Wu is also a Dem.
 

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 27, 2005
Messages
43,603
Reaction score
26,254
Location
Houston, TX
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Pacridge said:
For those of you outside Oregon and the Pacific Northwest who might not of heard of this:

Oregon Dem. Lawmaker Kelley Wirth was arrested for Meth possession. She was involved in a vehicle collision and the police found Meth in her car. The collision resulted when a girlfriend of one of the State Capitol building's janitor intentionally rammed her vehicle. The girlfriend claims the Lawmaker was having an affair with her boyfriend. In the article you'll note that she was the only Legislator to vote no on a bill to increase penelties for Meth possession. Huh, wonder why she voted that way?

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/112937437880311.xml&coll=7

This is from the same state that brought you David Wu. We sent him back to DC last election after it was revealed (and he admitted to it) that in college he sexually assaulted a young woman. Wu is also a Dem.
Yet another example of the moral bankruptcy of our leaders. Does not surprise me in the least. What does surprise me is the fact that we are willing to continue accepting the status quo.
 

Deegan

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
5,528
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
WTH is going on in this state?:confused:

Everytime I turn around, I am hearing some very strange things coming out of Oregon. First they were in the lead in the right to die laws, then they want to allow public sex acts, now their leaders are on drugs. What's next from this morally decaying liberal wasteland?:shock:
 

Pacridge

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
9
Location
Pacific Northwest US
danarhea said:
Yet another example of the moral bankruptcy of our leaders. Does not surprise me in the least. What does surprise me is the fact that we are willing to continue accepting the status quo.
We're also the state that brought you Neil Goldschmidt. He's the former Governor and Dem leader. He had an affair with a high school student while he was the Mayor of Portland. He hid the affair, paid off the victim and her family. When it became public he was running a lobbying group working for an arm of Enron.

http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=67122

We're thinking of changing our state motto to "Making Louisiana politics look legit since 1859."
 

Pacridge

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
9
Location
Pacific Northwest US
Deegan said:
WTH is going on in this state?:confused:

Everytime I turn around, I am hearing some very strange things coming out of Oregon. First they were in the lead in the right to die laws, then they want to allow public sex acts, now their leaders are on drugs. What's next from this morally decaying liberal wasteland?:shock:
I don't know anything about the public sex acts desire. Maybe I should be hanging around a different crowd? I'm ok with the death with dignity law. In fact I voted for it, people should have the right to end their life if they're in extreme pain and face no hope of recovery.

We also brought you Tonya Harding.

As far as liberal wasteland. The state as a whole has a very conservative base. The liberal populations are centered in Portland and (extremely liberal) Eugene.
 

Deegan

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
5,528
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Pacridge said:
I don't know anything about the public sex acts desire. Maybe I should be hanging around a different crowd? I'm ok with the death with dignity law. In fact I voted for it, people should have the right to end their life if they're in extreme pain and face no hope of recovery.

We also brought you Tonya Harding.

As far as liberal wasteland. The state as a whole has a very conservative base. The liberal populations are centered in Portland and (extremely liberal) Eugene.
Hey, read all about it, it's anything goes, it would appear in the state of Oregon. I am for the right to die as well, but I do worry that once the ball is set in motion, will it be abused?

http://feeds.portlandnews.net/?rid=70b0f275bd64e068&cat=c9572006176cdfc4&f=1
 

Pacridge

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
9
Location
Pacific Northwest US
Deegan said:
Hey, read all about it, it's anything goes, it would appear in the state of Oregon. I am for the right to die as well, but I do worry that once the ball is set in motion, will it be abused?

http://feeds.portlandnews.net/?rid=70b0f275bd64e068&cat=c9572006176cdfc4&f=1

That's a new one to me, but then again I don't live in Portland, not many strip clubs out where I live. I do get the Oregonian on a daily basis, but must have missed that article. I'm kind of surprised it's not bigger news, IE on the TV every other segment. Lead-ins like "live nude girls" make for great ratings.
 

DeeJayH

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 22, 2005
Messages
11,728
Reaction score
1,688
Location
Scooping Zeus' Poop
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Pacridge said:
That's a new one to me, but then again I don't live in Portland, not many strip clubs out where I live. I do get the Oregonian on a daily basis, but must have missed that article. I'm kind of surprised it's not bigger news, IE on the TV every other segment. Lead-ins like "live nude girls" make for great ratings.
i had heard about that down here in florida on the tv and radio
 

Polish Rob

Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2005
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
Location
Amherst, NH
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Pacridge said:
I don't know anything about the public sex acts desire. Maybe I should be hanging around a different crowd? I'm ok with the death with dignity law. In fact I voted for it, people should have the right to end their life if they're in extreme pain and face no hope of recovery.

We also brought you Tonya Harding.

As far as liberal wasteland. The state as a whole has a very conservative base. The liberal populations are centered in Portland and (extremely liberal) Eugene.
Liberal wasteland huh? I may be moderate, but you definately shouldn't be a moderator at a political forums if you call it "liberal wasteland".
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Polish Rob said:
Liberal wasteland huh? I may be moderate, but you definately shouldn't be a moderator at a political forums if you call it "liberal wasteland".
Pac was responding to another forum member's post...

Deegan said:
WTH is going on in this state?:confused:

Everytime I turn around, I am hearing some very strange things coming out of Oregon. First they were in the lead in the right to die laws, then they want to allow public sex acts, now their leaders are on drugs. What's next from this morally decaying liberal wasteland?:shock:
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=117165&postcount=3

Maybe somebody should reread what he said...

As far as liberal wasteland. The state as a whole has a very conservative base. The liberal populations are centered in Portland and (extremely liberal) Eugene.

He is, in fact, proving that it is the OPPOSITE of a "liberal wasteland"...:roll:
 

Deegan

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
5,528
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Polish Rob said:
Liberal wasteland huh? I may be moderate, but you definately shouldn't be a moderator at a political forums if you call it "liberal wasteland".
What, a moderator can't have an opinion?:shock:

That's silly, and would be quite boring, but I have seen more then my share of nazi style boards, that's why I started my own. Some folks take things to seriously, when I say liberal wasteland, I am trying to use these words as a way to promote debate. I still think it applys though, as these crazy laws must be voted on, and the majority obviously thought public sex acts were something Oregon just had to have.:roll:
 

Deegan

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
5,528
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
galenrox said:
lol, coming from a dude who lives in Chicago, the sole reason why Illinois goes blue in most presidential elections!
And dude, I've been to Oregon, and it's just fantastic (I just remember the beautiful scenery though).
And look at Chicago. If there is another city more regularly run by liberals I'd like to see it, and it's the best damn place on the planet! Sure it's corrupt as hell, but the garbage gets picked up (except for those couple of weeks back in '03), the parks are clean, the museums are amazing, the streets are clean, so what exactly is wrong with a place being run by liberals?
It depends on the liberal, if he/she wants to legalize drugs, have men and women in prisoned together, have the Federal gov. pay for abortions, sex in the streets, no rules, anything goes, no. If it's the liberal of old, I used to be one, and this kind of thinking was never prevalent, that's for sure.
 

Deegan

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
5,528
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
galenrox said:
what's wrong with legalizing drugs?
the other two I concede, (and on sex on the streets, don't knock it till you try it) but isn't the republican party supposed to be the one about smaller government? hmmmmmm?

If we're talking the funk bud, nothing, but just legalize all drugs, and see how much government we'll need then.:shock:
 

Polish Rob

Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2005
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
Location
Amherst, NH
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
galenrox said:
Why? If it's regulated, sure there'll be crime related to it, as there is related to people drinking, but does that justify telling all responsible users that using it makes them criminals?
And take all the money wasted on jailing drug offenders (not including those who commited violent crimes as part of the drug offenders), and use that for the regulation. Then take all the money wasted on the war on drugs. Then we'll have less government.
The theory behind it is good, but you must remember that when man is left to his own devices, his greed overcomes him. We'd have coke heads, meth heads running around, it would be as bad as Drunken driving, if not worse.

Can you imagine people pushing those drugs to kids? It'd be like cigarettes. You know how big that is of a problem in the states now?

Trust me, man is inherently bad. It will go sour.
 

Deegan

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
5,528
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
galenrox said:
Why? If it's regulated, sure there'll be crime related to it, as there is related to people drinking, but does that justify telling all responsible users that using it makes them criminals?
And take all the money wasted on jailing drug offenders (not including those who commited violent crimes as part of the drug offenders), and use that for the regulation. Then take all the money wasted on the war on drugs. Then we'll have less government.

Do you realize how many lives are saved everyday because these harmful drugs are not readily available? I don't consider anyone using them to be criminals, but I do think a whole lot of them have major problems, and that these drugs are their crutch, but that's why we have doctors, and drug manufacturers.
 
Top Bottom