• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dem health plan too expensive

ricksfolly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The department of health and human services allows companies one year waivers of the new Dem plan if they are already covered by a lower priced plan.

So far 111 companies have waivers, including Aetna's 209,000 employees, but when more and more companies find out about the waiver, there'll be an avalanche.

ricksfolly

perhaps that's the real end-game? the ability to pick winners and losers in every industry and field based on whatever 'factor' the White House chooses?

perhaps that's the real end-game? the ability to pick winners and losers in every industry and field based on whatever 'factor' the White House chooses?

Older company's health plans (Blue Cross, Kaiser, etc) don't require attorney fees... That's one of the reason why they cost less...

ricksfolly

Yet it will reduce the deficit by 138 billion within 10 years.

Yet it will reduce the deficit by 138 billion within 10 years.

Nobody can predict the future, no matter what their IQ is, especially the complexity of foretelling money amounts.

Stock markets come close because they work with known numbers, and even with that, they can only predict trends (not money) for the next few days.

ricksfolly

Health Care Dem health plan too expensive; The department of health and human services allows companies one year waivers of the new Dem plan if they are .

Applying for waivers is not a sign that the HC is too expensive.....These companies (like Mcdonalds) are applying for them because they have those 'crap' 'mini-med' plans......The Dems don't have HC Plans, Insurance companies do.......the exchanges are not available until 2014...You should read the Bill before you post....

Health Care Dem health plan too expensive; The department of health and human services allows companies one year waivers of the new Dem plan if they are .

Applying for waivers is not a sign that the HC is too expensive.....These companies (like Mcdonalds) are applying for them because they have those 'crap' 'mini-med' plans......The Dems don't have HC Plans, Insurance companies do.......the exchanges are not available until 2014...You should read the Bill before you post....

1. the 'mini-med' policies are what McDonalds can afford to offer; the alternative isn't that McDonalds suddenly discovers a magic money tree, it's that McDonalds ceases to offer health insurance alltogether; as many, many, many, many, many employers will as Obamacare continues to crash through our economy, leaving wreckage and carnage in its' wake. the hilarious thing is that this is precisely what was predicted by opponents of the bill, and it was vociferously denied by everyone (from Obama on down; remember the endless reiterations of 'if you like your health insurance you can keep it'?).

2. several of these organizations seeking waivers are unions; not exactly known for their ungenerous benefits packages.

3. Dem Health Care Plan; there are two ways in which your depiction of this is inaccurate; firstly, Obamacare is a 'plan' in the larger sense that it is a plan on how to run healthcare, and it came from the democrats. it's a "dem health plan". and secondly, within that health insurance 'plan' (is it a 'plan' if nobody has any idea what it is or what it does?) there are definitely miniature 'plans' that come in the form of requirements.

3a. semantics in a vain attempt to avoid the fact that Obamacare is a ruinous bill that will do severe damage to this nation, it's economy, and its' people if not repealed is a poor debate tactic.

cpwill

1)I can tell you have not read the Bill....it's very short sighted to think that its a 'McDonalds Money Tree' Solution...it's that the plan price now is not what the plan price will be in 2014. So until then the half baked plan (that covers practically nothing) will do....That is the waiver....

2) I do not know the reason for Union applications

3) A HC plan is not the Bill....the Bill is a Law...(you seem to play semantics.....it is your vain attempt to avoid fact)...The 'Law' dictates what and how insurance companies must offer as an insurance....some of what it dictates is how much an insurance company is allowed to profit....and how they must comply with the new 'Patients Bill of Rights'....

3a) i wont even address you semantics....(as I already did in 3). HC insurance costs have doubled in the last 10 years...doing nothing will not only reduce the number of uninsured but leave more people on public assistance...

It is funny how when Clinton was trying to make HC a mandatory employer benefit in 93....your clowns came out and tried to push the individual mandate....is your memory short....

Bill Summary & Status - 103rd Congress (1993 - 1994) - S.1770 - CRS Summary - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

and here are the clowns that sponsored and co sponsored it....

Sponsor John Chafee
Sen Bennett, Robert F. R [UT] - 11/22/1993
Sen Bond, Christopher S. R [MO] - 11/22/1993
Sen Boren, David L. D [OK] - 5/17/1994
Sen Cohen, William S. R [ME] - 11/22/1993
Sen Danforth, John C. R [MO] - 11/22/1993
Sen Dole, Robert J. R [KS] - 11/22/1993
Sen Domenici, Pete V. R [NM] - 11/22/1993
Sen Durenberger, Dave R [MN] - 11/22/1993
Sen Faircloth, Lauch R [NC] - 11/22/1993
Sen Gorton, Slade R [WA] - 11/22/1993
Sen Grassley, Chuck R [IA] - 11/22/1993
Sen Hatch, Orrin G. R [UT] - 11/22/1993
Sen Hatfield, Mark O. R [OR] - 11/22/1993
Sen Kassebaum, Nancy Landon R [KS] - 11/22/1993
Sen Kerrey, J. Robert D [NE] - 5/17/1994
Sen Lugar, Richard G. R [IN] - 11/22/1993
Sen Simpson, Alan K. R [WY] - 11/22/1993
Sen Specter, Arlen D [PA] - 11/22/1993
Sen Stevens, Ted R [AK] - 11/22/1993
Sen Warner, John R [VA] - 11/22/1993

Any of these guys look familiar....they should....because they are apposing it...

So cp....I am willing to post section by section of the Law (i know you like to call it a plan but it is a Law)....and remove the conservative propaganda as we do....

Betting on the future is believing in guardian angels, tea leafs, UFOs, Tarot cards... Get back to me when you start making sense.

ricksfolly

The department of health and human services allows companies one year waivers of the new Dem plan if they are already covered by a lower priced plan.

So far 111 companies have waivers, including Aetna's 209,000 employees, but when more and more companies find out about the waiver, there'll be an avalanche.

ricksfolly

Let them all have waivers...as long as they are providing insurance..what is the problem....the key is the insurance exchanges in 2014...then there will a new minimum coverage, on an open market with price controls that justify the rate....

cpwill

1)I can tell you have not read the Bill....it's very short sighted to think that its a 'McDonalds Money Tree' Solution...it's that the plan price now is not what the plan price will be in 2014. So until then the half baked plan (that covers practically nothing) will do....That is the waiver....

no one has read the bill; it's a gargauntuan pile of refuse, designed to get 218 votes in one house and 60 in another, not to 'fix' a healthcare problem that didn't exist.

as for the waiver, the waiver is to protect them from the new mandates; and those are going precisely nowhere. at best your argument is that in 2014 McDonalds, the Unions, & Co will all dump their people en-masse.

2) I do not know the reason for Union applications

same reason. it's not a good way to organize health insurance, and since they have the political power to get away from it, they do so.

3) A HC plan is not the Bill....the Bill is a Law...(you seem to play semantics.....it is your vain attempt to avoid fact)...The 'Law' dictates what and how insurance companies must offer as an insurance....some of what it dictates is how much an insurance company is allowed to profit....and how they must comply with the new 'Patients Bill of Rights'....

this is absolutely a plan, it's not a particular health care plan; but the two are not mutually exclusive. you are attempting to play semantics here, not myself.

3a) i wont even address you semantics....(as I already did in 3). HC insurance costs have doubled in the last 10 years...doing nothing will not only reduce the number of uninsured but leave more people on public assistance...

true, now let's join this point with this one:

It is funny how when Clinton was trying to make HC a mandatory employer benefit in 93....your clowns came out and tried to push the individual mandate....is your memory short....

Massachussets under Mitt Romney went ahead and passed something very similar to Obamacare; care to guess what the effects have been on the cost of health insurance in Massachussetts? :)

give you a hint, prices way way up ;).

the trick here is to reduce the cost of health insurance and healthcare. the way to do that is not to make them more expensive (which is what Obamacare objectively does).

Back
Top Bottom