• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dem AG Targets 90 Conservative Groups in Climate Change Racketeering Suit

Lindzen was right, whatever warming that was/is taking place was/is the natural recovery from the LIA.
The IPCC insists, for their well-known reasons, that it's greater than that and further insists it's all man made.
That's where they go off the deep end. Correlation is not cause.
Temps were increasing in the 1800's and it sure as hell wasn't because of CO2.

Thanks for the detailed reference refuting me.

Of course temperatures are accelerating in a manner nowhere resembling a natural recovery.

0a7668bf15c8829d403b3fca25e03cc7.jpg

This, of course, is taken as a basic fact in science these days, and it's only the deniers who pretend it's not true.

What if conservatives could? Makes ya think!
I bet they'd use it to find gay people and punish them for being gay. I'm not saying they will... but what if they could!

How don't see any Conservatives suing gays for not believing in the Bible.

There's another thread on this topic. Don't know which is first, maybe they should be merged?

Thanks for the detailed reference refuting me.

Of course temperatures are accelerating in a manner nowhere resembling a natural recovery.

0a7668bf15c8829d403b3fca25e03cc7.jpg

This, of course, is taken as a basic fact in science these days, and it's only the deniers who pretend it's not true.

1) The scale used in the graph is deceptive.
2) The graph, misleading as it is, still doesn't show warming that hasn't happened before.
3) I already showed you that Marcott did NOT say what the graph suggests he did. That giant leap at the end was a projection, not a measurement.
4) Speaking of measurement, why not use proxies for the whole graph? It's like posting baseball scores and switching to football scores to show how much better today's athletes are.
That's how hockey sticks are created.

1) The scale used in the graph is deceptive.
2) The graph, misleading as it is, still doesn't show warming that hasn't happened before.
3) I already showed you that Marcott did NOT say what the graph suggests he did. That giant leap at the end was a projection, not a measurement.
4) Speaking of measurement, why not use proxies for the whole graph? It's like posting baseball scores and switching to football scores to show how much better today's athletes are.
That's how hockey sticks are created.

You think it's misleading because, what? You don't like the data?

The giant leap at the end is ACTUAL TEMPERATURES. And why would you use proxies when you have real temps? The proxies are calibrated with the real temperatures, and in PAGES 2K, they went up to 2007 or so.

The point is that the recent rise is rapid and not 'natural', and this is considered a fact by scientists these days, and argued about by deniers.

You think it's misleading because, what? You don't like the data?

The giant leap at the end is ACTUAL TEMPERATURES. And why would you use proxies when you have real temps? The proxies are calibrated with the real temperatures, and in PAGES 2K, they went up to 2007 or so.

The point is that the recent rise is rapid and not 'natural', and this is considered a fact by scientists these days, and argued about by deniers.

No it isn't. Nobody can show temps have risen over 1/2 degree C. That's a Marcott projection and he said so.

The proxies used in teh graph were never merged with real temps before and it's misleading to use anything but proxies for an entire graph. I explained why.

Was the temp rise in the 1800's natural or man made?

No it isn't. Nobody can show temps have risen over 1/2 degree C. That's a Marcott projection and he said so.

The proxies used in teh graph were never merged with real temps before and it's misleading to use anything but proxies for an entire graph. I explained why.

?

LOL. It's real life.

NASA says so.

http://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temperature/

And you think proxies have no relationship to actual temperatures? What denier blog did you learn that from?

Again. This is standard stuff.

This conversation is reminding me of ones that talk about jet fuel temperatures needed to melt steel for the WTC. Conspiracy stuff.

Don't you know that quoting data from 1800's - or any data for which GW fanatics have no handy explanation - makes you a denier and a serious threat to life on Earth?

There is a spot off the beach on Siesta Key where ten years ago I was up to my ankles in water. This year, at the same spot I was up to my knees. We are drowning!

Yes, it's a giant conspiracy with tens of thousands of scientists all around the world who are in on it.

LOL.

I think you need to come up with a different reply threegoofs. Posting the same reply over and over doesn't explain this new plan to deny the scientific method.

LOL. It's real life.

NASA says so.

Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Global Temperature

And you think proxies have no relationship to actual temperatures? What denier blog did you learn that from?

Again. This is standard stuff.

This conversation is reminding me of ones that talk about jet fuel temperatures needed to melt steel for the WTC. Conspiracy stuff.

Sure they do. So why not use them for a complete graph for consistency?

Don't you know that quoting data from 1800's - or any data for which GW fanatics have no handy explanation - makes you a denier and a serious threat to life on Earth?

I haven't been told that directly vis-a-vis temps in the 1800's. They just ignore points like that because it makes them feel iccky.

LOL.

I think you need to come up with a different reply threegoofs. Posting the same reply over and over doesn't explain this new plan to deny the scientific method.

Yes. All the scientists around the world are plotting to deny the scientific method. That's what the blogs written by political operatives say, anyway.

Yes. All the scientists around the world are plotting to deny the scientific method. That's what the blogs written by political operatives say, anyway.

I don't know about blogs from political operatives.

I just know the words of people who don't know how to deal with reasonable questions regarding an agenda requiring complete surrender of the human race to people who want to silence anyone who dares question their efforts.

The scientific method doesn't exist to those who support this fact.

I don't know about blogs from political operatives.

I just know the words of people who don't know how to deal with reasonable questions regarding an agenda requiring complete surrender of the human race to people who want to silence anyone who dares question their efforts.

The scientific method doesn't exist to those who support this fact.

Yes, you don't like the outcome, so therefore the scientists aren't doing science.

Brilliant.

Yes, you don't like the outcome, so therefore the scientists aren't doing science.

Brilliant.

LOL

Amazing how delusion can launch people so far from the truth.

Nobody should support any science that includes the effort to eliminate anyone who questions the results. That is no longer science.

Now the effort, which some have denied, is to try to criminalize support of those who question the conclusions.

One has to be intellectually vacant to not have concerns as a result.

LOL

Amazing how delusion can launch people so far from the truth.

Nobody should support any science that includes the effort to eliminate anyone who questions the results. That is no longer science.

Now the effort, which some have denied, is to try to criminalize support of those who question the conclusions.

One has to be intellectually vacant to not have concerns as a result.

Nope. As a poster just mentioned earlier, studies have been published supporting a lower impact of Co2.

Contrary science exists, it's just a vanishingly small amount because it's sort of like studies demonstrating HIV doesn't cause AIDS.

Nope. As a poster just mentioned earlier, studies have been published supporting a lower impact of Co2.

Contrary science exists, it's just a vanishingly small amount because it's sort of like studies demonstrating HIV doesn't cause AIDS.

Wow, now that is a lame analogy.

Contrary science exists, and that is why the AGW team is trying to find ways to criminalize their work.

Wow, now that is a lame analogy.

Contrary science exists, and that is why the AGW team is trying to find ways to criminalize their work.

Obviously, you don't understand the OP.
No one is trying to criminalize scientists work.

They are demonstrating fraud in groups that are trying to defraud the public dishonestly.

There is a spot off the beach on Siesta Key where ten years ago I was up to my ankles in water. This year, at the same spot I was up to my knees. We are drowning!

Made me think of something as I was going to ask if the moon was in the same place, so I checked.

The obliquity of the earth is decreasing. As it increases, the equatorial regions will continue to see relative sea level rises, and the polar regions will see relative sea level decreases. This explains a lot.

Made me think of something as I was going to ask if the moon was in the same place, so I checked.

The obliquity of the earth is decreasing. As it increases, the equatorial regions will continue to see relative sea level rises, and the polar regions will see relative sea level decreases. This explains a lot.

I'm dirtied you trust the scientists who told you that.

Sounds like librul groupthink to me. Those obliquity researchers just make that stuff up to get government grants.

Back
Top Bottom