• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Delete Your Account

I genuinely want to know how it's funny.
It's a pithy statement, which can be funny, but without context it comes off as nothing but a simple pithy statement.
There doesn't seem to be any humor.

It's a stoic way of saying "You're embarrassing yourself."

Just doesn't seem that funny. :shrug:

You know it's not possible to make you think it's funny, right? I can explain the context or the meaning of a joke, but no force in the universe will convince you that it's funny if you didn't find it to be so in the first place.

You know it's not possible to make you think it's funny, right? I can explain the context or the meaning of a joke, but no force in the universe will convince you that it's funny if you didn't find it to be so in the first place.

I think it's more a tribal "funny" than a real "funny."
"My team said something mean to the other team, haha!"

That's not even original. The delete your account thing is pretty much everywhere on Twitter.

That was the three word retort from that has been retweeted nearly 300,000 times as of 8:30pm.

After Obama came out and publicly endorsed Hillary Clinton today, Donald Trump immediately took to twitter and said,

"Obama just endorsed Crooked Hillary. He wants four more years of Obama - but nobody else does!"

And just a few minutes later, Hillary responded with one of the shortest and most poignant take downs yet - echoing something that Democrats and Republicans alike are hoping would happen to Donald Trump's twitter account and to his campaign in general.

View attachment 67202534

This has been retweeted more times than any tweet issued from Hillary Clinton's twitter account...hell, it reached that milestone when it was at 135,000.

:lamo

Oh no! This is really going to make a difference.

Liberals enjoy statements like this one and the OP, because it is a realisation of their fantasy to say it. See, because liberals are all weak, scrawny and feminine they would never dream of saying something like this in real life, so saying it over the internet to someone they dont like makes them feel empowered.

That was the three word retort from that has been retweeted nearly 300,000 times as of 8:30pm.

After Obama came out and publicly endorsed Hillary Clinton today, Donald Trump immediately took to twitter and said,

"Obama just endorsed Crooked Hillary. He wants four more years of Obama - but nobody else does!"

And just a few minutes later, Hillary responded with one of the shortest and most poignant take downs yet - echoing something that Democrats and Republicans alike are hoping would happen to Donald Trump's twitter account and to his campaign in general.

View attachment 67202534

This has been retweeted more times than any tweet issued from Hillary Clinton's twitter account...hell, it reached that milestone when it was at 135,000.

That does tell us what sort of people Hillary and her supporters are. They want to shut down the political speech of their opposition.

According to Jon Hutson, this has now become the most retweeted campaign tweet, at nearly 400k retweets, of any candidate throughout the primary season.

And none of them have any idea what it means. :2razz:

That's a 'takedown'? Howso?

Liberals enjoy statements like this one and the OP, because it is a realisation of their fantasy to say it. See, because liberals are all weak, scrawny and feminine they would never dream of saying something like this in real life, so saying it over the internet to someone they dont like makes them feel empowered.

I was explaining to Fletch how it was that Hillary's statement was supposed to be a take-down. I used an example. I thought it would have been rather painfully obvious what I was doing.

Anyway, after all that tough talk you have directed at me - over the internet, remember - do you feel better?

Last edited:
Liberals enjoy statements like this one and the OP, because it is a realisation of their fan--

Shh.

Got some folks new to the internet, I see.

5d99a962e20c1d9715ed8bb850d5c2ded0fcd6729525c0aa23672ddc4b1f7ad8.jpg

I was explaining to Fletch how it was that Hillary's statement was supposed to be a take-down. I used an example. I thought it would have been rather painfully obvious what I was doing.
Ok. I guess I'm just not seeing how it is much of a takedown. But whatever.

View attachment 67202534

I hate Donald Trump as much as the next person, but I read this Tweet and thought, "Oh yeah, Hillary is in for a world of hurt this election cycle." It's too early to tell, but I'm 100% sure that Trump will not take the beating (during debates and later) that liberals think he will. He may on November though. Neither Trump or Hillary are fully doing what they need to do in order to really be strong general election candidates, they seem to be pandering to their primary bases to the extreme, and seem to be interested in little more than pissing off Independents. Overall, this tweet from Hillary is largely just fatuous and unthoughtful like most of her statements generally are. (Except when they're wildly full of details, but then it's to throw the revolting bits of her foreign policy, in a lot of technobabble while sounding like a policy wonk.)

(But in all honesty I just generally expect it to be a great year for Libertarians and Greens. I think a third party may actually take a state for the first time since the Dixiecrats. I think Alaska may very well vote for Gary Johnson and either Washington or Oregon could vote for Jill Stein. It depends on how organized these third parties become and how much #NeverHillary and #NeverTrump momentum they can keep going. They need to start organizing though right now. Stein is increasing her Facebook and Twitter presence, and I think Johnson has some work to do in this regard.)

Ok. I guess I'm just not seeing how it is much of a takedown. But whatever.

Everybody is thinking wayyyyyy too hard about this.

Back
Top Bottom