• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Delete Inbox Messages

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I can't figure out how to delete Inbox messages. Anybody?

Thanks!!

Check messages you want to delete, go down to bottom is a box with down arrow, select delete. If you need more details let me know.

Last edited:

Thanks!!

Get a Sharpie. Circle the messages you want deleted. Hit them with a hammer.

i think that you check the boxes on the right of the page, and then go down to "selected messages." click that, and select "delete."

My question is when we delete say like before we sign out.....how come in the morning when I sign back in that I have to delete the same message again? Been like that for the last few days.

Thanks!!

Does this mean that you still have every PM you've ever gotten here, Maggie? :lol:

Incidentally, you can also organize PMs you want to save by creating folders and moving messages to those folders, but you may know that already. You should know though that any PM you save counts against your space.

Does this mean that you still have every PM you've ever gotten here, Maggie? :lol:

Incidentally, you can also organize PMs you want to save by creating folders and moving messages to those folders, but you may know that already. You should know though that any PM you save counts against your space.

I have every PM I've ever gotten here. When my inbox gets full, I download them to text files. You never know when you might need them.

I have every PM I've ever gotten here. When my inbox gets full, I download them to text files. You never know when you might need them.

Even the ones I sent you during bouts of drunk PMing? :shock:

I got confused and just deleted all of them. :rofl And yes, I'd never deleted any before. Ha!

My question is when we delete say like before we sign out.....how come in the morning when I sign back in that I have to delete the same message again? Been like that for the last few days.

Bumping this back up.....since it wasn't answered.

Just for reference, you can also scroll to the bottom if your pm's and you'll see a total stored in your inbox. You can simply hit "empty folder" and it will delete everything in one shot.

Don't forget to check your sent folder as well. You can empty that in the same way.

It's tedious to checkmark all messages and delete that way...unless there are ones you wish to keep.

Hope this helps.

Bumping this back up.....since it wasn't answered.

I'd be interested in the answer also, since it has happened to me on occasion.

Can you be as specific as possible on the issue. I am understanding that you delete a PM - immediately sign out - they return on your next visit?

Can you be as specific as possible on the issue. I am understanding that you delete a PM - immediately sign out - they return on your next visit?

For me, I don't always immediately sign out, but after I do and either come back later or the next day, some that I have deleted are still there, marked as read, in my inbox. It's not all the time, just occasionally.

Yep it is the same as GG's.....plus I will delete them and it shows deleted at the time. But when I sign in the next time. They will be there again.

A little paranoid aren't we? :lol:

For me, I don't always immediately sign out, but after I do and either come back later or the next day, some that I have deleted are still there, marked as read, in my inbox. It's not all the time, just occasionally.

I'll try to remember to mark them as unread, sorry. :3oops:

Back
Top Bottom