• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

DeLay indictment

Navy Pride said:
So its ok to lie and perjur under oath to a federal judge depending on what the subject is huh? You got to be kidding me.......

Delay will be found not guilty and regain his leadership post in the Congress...This is a witch hunt to bring down a very conservative congressman.........You heard it first here.........

This is the third time I have restated the question:

Did you or did you not jump on the Clinton bashing bandwagon with Whitewater - BEFORE he lied under oath?

Your first post said innocent until proven, but you have not responded to the above question, or commented on the fact that DeLay was buddies with the scum of all scums - Jack Abramoff.

And the audio tapes of Jack's conversation talking about ripping of natives is enough to label him guilty of being scum in my mind - unless you want to contest the authenticity of those tapes.

Abramoff is scum, and so is DeLay. Ya people are pissed that he pulled that off with the Texas redistricting, but that doesn't mean isn't scum.

Rove and DeLay are both scum, and two of the most powerful people in the GOP. The GOP is run by scum!

only time will tell if Delay is guilty of the charges or
under attack from a bitter political rival in the DAs office
i am on the fence
never been a big fan of Delay, but have yet to hear anything of substance to substaniate the charges
and it would be more credible if it did not come form a political opponent

Navy Pride said:
In case you lefties don't know it in this country you are innocent until proven guilty by a jury of your peers........
:rofl :rofl Never stopped Republicans from doing the same.

Deegan said:
I guess the fact that they have been trying to indict this man since 1993, and have failed every single time. But I guess you knew that already?:roll:

The idictment does not even suggest what he is guilty of, and they obviously only filed it so he would be forced to step away for a short time, and hope it sticks. I have always said, something is creepy about the guy, but we do still believe in "innocent until proved guilty" do we not?:confused:

Ah, much better.

But I'm still confused as to how Ted Kennedy fits in here.

Middleground said:
Ah, much better.

Comparisons can be fun, they can also shine a glaring light on hypocrisy.

Still, i'm sure you've never done that.:roll:

Middleground said:
Ah, much better.

When all else fails, change the subject.

Deegan said:
Comparisons can be fun, they can also shine a glaring light on hypocrisy.

Still, i'm sure you've never done that.:roll:

Comparison, eh?

Let's see. DeLay indicted for conspiring to violate political fundraising laws with Kennedy for alledgedly killing Mary Jo Kopechne.

Oh yeah, I see it now. :doh

Deegan said:
We all know how a G.J works, one side is presented, and only one side. It's not very difficult to get an indictment with those odds, not to mention, as you said, when others connected have been convicted already. But one man's conviction, does not anothers make, just because they had business relations. I predict you will be eating your words, as the case is very thin, and Delay has covered his tracks well, or we can assume, as this has been going on for over twelve years.

We shall see, even though I may not like someone, I am still going to give him the benefit of the doubt, especially where his career and freedom are concerned.

So, you think he's guilty, but just can't be proven in a court of law?

Me too!!

Sometimes you do something for so long and get away with it so easily that you think your invincible and you get careless and make a silly mistake. Did 'The Bugman' cover his tracks successfully or did he make an unimaginable slip?

Time will tell.

scottyz said:
When all else fails, change the subject.

Hey... wait a minute!!!

I would of never guessed until I read this post. You're Scotty McClelland, right? I recognize that quote.

Middleground said:
Hey... wait a minute!!!

I would of never guessed until I read this post. You're Scotty McClelland, right? I recognize that quote.
Nope. Since they can't defend Delay(the subject of the thread) they change the subject to Kennedy. That's what I was trying to say.

BWG said:
So, you think he's guilty, but just can't be proven in a court of law?

Me too!!

Sometimes you do something for so long and get away with it so easily that you think your invincible and you get careless and make a silly mistake. Did 'The Bugman' cover his tracks successfully or did he make an unimaginable slip?

Time will tell.

That about sums it up for me too.

I somehow get the feeling that he'll eke his way out of this one too. They should rename him Teflon DeLay.

scottyz said:
Nope. Since they can't defend Delay(the subject of the thread) they change the subject to Kennedy. That's what I was trying to say.

Oops... sorry... I completely misunderstood. My bad. :3oops:

Time to quell a little lie, that Ronnie Earle pursued Tom Delay on a political witch hunt.

However, the grand jury's foreman, William Gibson, told The Associated Press that Earle didn't pressure members to indict DeLay. "Ronnie Earle didn't indict him. The grand jury indicted him," Gibson said in an interview at his home.

From this link

The Grand Jury forman is a retired deputy, not some Liberal with an agenda, as Bush supporters would have you believe.

Also, included in the indictment is a hard copy of the check that was sent to Terry Nelson, Bush's campaign political director, along with hard copy of the instructions on which candidates to give the laundered money to. There is plenty of evidence to convict, and convict they will.

Delay is toast.

danarhea said:
Time to quell a little lie, that Ronnie Earle pursued Tom Delay on a political witch hunt.

From this link

The Grand Jury forman is a retired deputy, not some Liberal with an agenda, as Bush supporters would have you believe.

Also, included in the indictment is a hard copy of the check that was sent to Terry Nelson, Bush's campaign political director, along with hard copy of the instructions on which candidates to give the laundered money to. There is plenty of evidence to convict, and convict they will.

Delay is toast.

Hasn't this same "partisan liberal hack" indicted 15 democrats and only 5 republicans in his career. :lol:

Navy Pride said:
Are you really in your heart of heart say this is not political? The DA Earle is a partisan democrat who has spoken at democratic fund raising events in the past and even tried to indict Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson that was laughed out of court............

Like I said though if he is found guilty then he should be sentenced to the full extent of the law and not get off like Clinton did wwhen he was indicted and convicted..........

Navy Pride, why don't you read up on Earle? He has prosecuted Democrats as well. I love that he is just letting the partisan accusations roll off his back, which means that he knows that people cannot call him partisan when he has gone after people in his own party. But if it makes you feel better to think that he is a partisan hack, you go right ahead.

DeLay did not win his district this last go round by a huge margin. I am hoping that with this indictment and his connections to the immoral Jack Abramoff that DeLay's days as a politican in the House are coming to an end. :lol:

DeeJayH said:
only time will tell if Delay is guilty of the charges or
i am on the fence
never been a big fan of Delay, but have yet to hear anything of substance to substaniate the charges

DeeJay, why not read up on the DA before making accusations that this is just partisan? Earle has charged, I believe, more democrats than he has republicans.

scottyz said:
Hasn't this same "partisan liberal hack" indicted 15 democrats and only 5 republicans in his career. :lol:

Ahhhh, Scotty, thank you for pointing out this fact. That's why Earle is letting the partisan accusations roll off his back, because his record speaks for itself.

Seeing DeLay on the defense is priceless. I am hoping that just like Nixon, DeLay's arrogance will catch up with him and show him for the scumbag that he is.

It's about time. However, I doubt anything significant will ever come of it. The GOP will merely conduct another one of their "Internal Investigation" or as I call it, "The Fox Investigating The Missing Chickens."

aps said:
DeeJay, why not read up on the DA before making accusations that this is just partisan? Earle has charged, I believe, more democrats than he has republicans.

reread my post, i never claimed it was partisan politics
I said I haven't heard enough to sway me either way
It wouldn't surprise me if he was found guilty
nor would it surprise me to find he was not guilty

DeeJayH said:
reread my post, i never claimed it was partisan politics
I said I haven't heard enough to sway me either way
It wouldn't surprise me if he was found guilty
nor would it surprise me to find he was not guilty

Could you explain to me then what this means?

aps said:
Could you explain to me then what this means?

the full quote is, with the relevant part highlighted
DeejayH said:
only time will tell IF Delay is guilty of the charges OR
i am on the fence

hope that clarifies things for you

DeeJayH said:
the full quote is, with the relevant part highlighted

hope that clarifies things for you

Well, not to be rude (and I do apperciate your taking the time to explain your words to me), but it does not clarify things for me, since subsequently, you state: and it would be more credible if it did not come form a political opponent

How can you say you were not essentially calling Earle partisan?

aps said:
Well, not to be rude (and I do apperciate your taking the time to explain your words to me), but it does not clarify things for me, since subsequently, you state: and it would be more credible if it did not come form a political opponent

How can you say you were not essentially calling Earle partisan?

Would you say that someone who speaks at democratic fund raising events in Texas is a partisan?:roll:

Back
Top Bottom