• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Delaware Poll

Who would you vote for in Delaware?

• Christine O'Donnell

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Mike Castle

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Chris Coons

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

friday

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
If you were a Delaware voter, and Mike Castle does a write in campaign, would you vote for Conservative Republican Christine O'Donnell, third party Republican Mike Castle, or Liberal Democrat Chris Coons?

No vote from me , of course, I do hope more than two voters show up in Delaware..
We also need election reform..
One.....a "none of the above" selection
Two.....mandatory voting..
Three...until Two kicks in, if less than 50% of the sheeple vote, the results are thrown out.

Also interesting to know would be: if you chose Castle, who would you choose if he didn't run as a third party? If you chose Coons, would you have chosen Castle in a Coons/Castle race? Feel free to leave a comment expanding on your choice.

From what I know of Coons and O'Donnell neither of them, but I haven't really read into Castle yet so when I do I will vote.

Hmm. Interesting results sofar. Maybe the question we should be asking is, can a radical liberal like Coons inspire people to go to the polls or does O'Donnell have a better chance because her base is more energized? Moderates may look at the options, between an Obamanomics "pet" and a fundi who will vote against cap and trade, Obamacare and other business killers and they may decide to simply stay home. There's a big difference between telling someone who calls you who you'd vote for and actually driving out to the polls to vote for a candidate most people know little or nothing about.

Maybe the question we should be asking is, can a radical liberal like Coons inspire people to go to the polls

Coons is a fairly mainstream Democrat running in a state that typically leans Democrat. If you think he's a "radical liberal," you're just being a partisan hack. He's no more liberal than many other Democrats in the Senate.

friday said:
or does O'Donnell have a better chance because her base is more energized?

:lol:
She isn't going to win. Mike Castle might have an outside chance if he mounted a write-in campaign.

friday said:
Moderates may look at the options, between an Obamanomics "pet" and a fundi who will vote against cap and trade, Obamacare and other business killers and they may decide to simply stay home. There's a big difference between telling someone who calls you who you'd vote for and actually driving out to the polls to vote for a candidate most people know little or nothing about.

Except the real world is not your fantasy land where the voters always act exactly the way you want them to act. The Republicans ****ed themselves pretty badly in Delaware. They turned a near-certain victory into a near-certain defeat by nominating O'Donnell. The only way they have a chance is if Mike Castle mounts a write-in campaign...and even then I really doubt it. Write-in campaigns almost never work, no matter how much visibility the politician in question has.

Last edited:
Is there a way we can restrict voting to just registered members? Every time we have these kinds of polls, it appears someone logs out and then votes repetitively.

Kandahar

As I understand that particular race, the GOP was counting on Castle to win and increase the probability of taking the Senate. Now it looks like the GOP's chance of taking both Chambers are exponentially lower. It will be interesting to see if Palin costs the GOP the senate.

Is there a way we can restrict voting to just registered members? Every time we have these kinds of polls, it appears someone logs out and then votes repetitively.

Kandahar

As I understand that particular race, the GOP was counting on Castle to win and increase the probability of taking the Senate. Now it looks like the GOP's chance of taking both Chambers are exponentially lower. It will be interesting to see if Palin costs the GOP the senate.
Exponentially lower?

If you think Coons is a moderate, what does that say about you?

Brauer, it says that when I look at my rightwing views, the moderate views in the middle, and radical leftwing views, I can place him on that line. If you think he is a moderate, than what do you consider to be leftwing?

That is a stupid debate. That is literally a pure opinion contest with no right answer. Anyway on topic, if I lived in Delaware I would stay home.

Brauer, it says that when I look at my rightwing views, the moderate views in the middle, and radical leftwing views, I can place him on that line. If you think he is a moderate, than what do you consider to be leftwing?
It's all subjective, isn't it? Looking at your website though, you say Coons is a self-proclaimed Marxist, that proves your a liar bacause he never claimed to be a Marxist.

Well, O'Donnell never claimed to be a witch either. If you look at their positions on things, Coons is much closer to Marxism than O'Donnell is to being a witch.

I didn't realize being a witch was a political position. Just saying.

If you think Coons is a moderate, what does that say about you?

What in your opinion makes him other than a moderate liberal?

Back
Top Bottom