• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'

Castle seemed more like a liberal to me. He was for cap and tax. nuff said about him.

He was more of a conservative than every single Democrat in Congress, according to Jay Cost at the Weekly Standard. Yes, he was for cap and trade. So what? Is that single issue so important to you that you're willing to give up a Senate seat in order not to compromise your principles? I promise you, the new Democratic senator from Delaware will have no qualms about voting for that, or a whole host of other policies you probably don't like.

But hey, if the Republicans want to run Tea Party candidates for federal office in states like Delaware, I'm not complaining. :mrgreen:

Barbbtx said:
O'Donnell is gaining. She's not out yet. No one thought she could win the primary either.

I don't know what polls you are looking at, but every single poll in the RCP average gives Coons at least a 15 point lead. She isn't going to win.

Barbbtx said:
I thought her ad was pretty good too.

You mean the one with that cheesy, nonthreatening elevator music where she flat-out declares "I'm not a witch"? If a candidate even needs to run an ad like that, it's over.

Last edited:
It's hilarious how these regressives try to play the sexism card while actually comparing the intelligence of Hillary Clinton to Christine O'Donnell. Guess what? If you don't see a difference, you're horrendously sexist.

speaking of intelligence-do you consider the secretary of state the most powerful dem female--ahead of the speaker of the house?

and yes hillary's academic record is clearly superior to that of O'Donnell's even if she flunked the DC bar exam. But Pelosi's academic record is crappy

I would consider the Sec. of State more powerful than the speaker of the house. Who they are is irrelevant. It is however a hard comparison to make since their power is in different areas.

I would consider the Sec. of State more powerful than the speaker of the house. Who they are is irrelevant. It is however a hard comparison to make since their power is in different areas.

no one would rank an appointed position of secretary of state-who serves at the pleasure of the president to rank ahead of the speaker of the house and the speaker of the house is ahead of the secretary of state in terms of the line of progression

Yeah. Speaker of the house is really just a better paid representative with some extra procedural power and responsibility, but in the end Nancy Pelosi is just one vote among hundreds. SecState is a cabinet position, one of the most important ones.

Yeah. Speaker of the house is really just a better paid representative with some extra procedural power and responsibility, but in the end Nancy Pelosi is just one vote among hundreds. SecState is a cabinet position, one of the most important ones.

that is rather stupid. YOu think all Pelosi has is mere extra procedural power? OMG is that funny. The secretary of state is nothing more than a mouthpiece for the president.

that is rather stupid. YOu think all Pelosi has is mere extra procedural power? OMG is that funny. The secretary of state is nothing more than a mouthpiece for the president.

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize her vote counts as more than 1! My mistake!

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize her vote counts as more than 1! My mistake!

1) you stepped in it when you thought I was talking about hillary rather than poop for brains pelosi

2) and the speaker of the house controls what stuff actually comes before congress which is very powerful

ask any political scientist what the most powerful offices in the USA are and you normally will have president and behind that either Chief Justice or Speaker of the house, and then the senate majority leader.

1) you stepped in it when you thought I was talking about hillary rather than poop for brains pelosi

2) and the speaker of the house controls what stuff actually comes before congress which is very powerful

ask any political scientist what the most powerful offices in the USA are and you normally will have president and behind that either Chief Justice or Speaker of the house, and then the senate majority leader.

The speaker of the house does not have the unilateral authority to deny a bill from being considered before congress.

He was more of a conservative than every single Democrat in Congress, according to Jay Cost at the Weekly Standard. Yes, he was for cap and trade. So what? Is that single issue so important to you that you're willing to give up a Senate seat in order not to compromise your principles? I promise you, the new Democratic senator from Delaware will have no qualms about voting for that, or a whole host of other policies you probably don't like.

But hey, if the Republicans want to run Tea Party candidates for federal office in states like Delaware, I'm not complaining. :mrgreen:

I don't know what polls you are looking at, but every single poll in the RCP average gives Coons at least a 15 point lead. She isn't going to win.

You mean the one with that cheesy, nonthreatening elevator music where she flat-out declares "I'm not a witch"? If a candidate even needs to run an ad like that, it's over.

LOL, why in the world would I care if he was more conservative than every democrat? My liberal friends are more conservative than they are and I wouldn't support them either.
Cap and Trade is pretty much my number one issue. That and repealing the HC bill.
I admit, I think Coons is a marxist, but he won't do any more harm than Castle would have.
There's no room for Rinos anymore. That's like giving the dems another seat just because you don't have the guts to get behind someone with principles because you might lose.

I heard O'Donnell was only down by 9 now, but I could be wrong.
She may not win, but it's worth a shot considering what the alternative was. The Republicans are going to have to learn that they can no longer run wishy washy Rino candidates.
and yes I liked the nonthreatening ad.

The speaker of the house does not have the unilateral authority to deny a bill from being considered before congress.

good luck with claiming that HIllary is more powerful than Pelosi

(except in the thigh department-I will give you that)

good luck with claiming that HIllary is more powerful than Pelosi

(except in the thigh department-I will give you that)

I already made that claim, so thanks I guess? I'm not really sure why this is so important to the discussion. Or to you.

and yes hillary's academic record is clearly superior to that of O'Donnell's even if she flunked the DC bar exam. But Pelosi's academic record is crappy

Pelosi is an evil witch who haunts the nightmares of small children and who is an utter intellectual failure. What does that have to do with O'Donnell?

Pelosi is an evil witch who haunts the nightmares of small children and who is an utter intellectual failure. What does that have to do with O'Donnell?

Classic deflection, from the issue of the conservative voters picking a nutcase for a candidate.

I was actually thinking that Pelosi is a good argument against botox-sort of like Gregg Allman's interviews is a good argument against drug abuse but someone was whining about ODonnell being stupid and it appears that dems have plenty of dim bulb women in their ranks Pelosi along with Kathleen Gilligan (Sebillus) both are products of Trinity in DC which was an expensive finishing school for rich little catholic girls with low wattage intellects. Bashing the GOP for support ODonnell merely because of her supposed lack of intelligence (so they should support a radical lefty who may or may not be bright) is silly

I was actually thinking that Pelosi is a good argument against botox-sort of like Gregg Allman's interviews is a good argument against drug abuse but someone was whining about ODonnell being stupid and it appears that dems have plenty of dim bulb women in their ranks Pelosi along with Kathleen Gilligan (Sebillus) both are products of Trinity in DC which was an expensive finishing school for rich little catholic girls with low wattage intellects. Bashing the GOP for support ODonnell merely because of her supposed lack of intelligence (so they should support a radical lefty who may or may not be bright) is silly

No, we've been mostly attacking her for being a backwards, bible-thumping hardcore regressive who would, if elected, advance her personal moral crusade to a national stage.

Sorry if that confused you.

No, we've been mostly attacking her for being a backwards, bible-thumping hardcore regressive who would, if elected, advance her personal moral crusade to a national stage.

Sorry if that confused you.

you really aren't able to confuse me. but why should any republican s upport a far left moonbat leftist like her opponent

hillary was pigeon holed in an almost completely powerless position at foggy bottom

remember, obama appointed former speaker of the house from maine george mitchell as his SPECIAL ENVOY in palestine

he put the most arrogant man affable, laughable, gaffe-able joe biden ever met, richard holbrooke, in a similar role in afghanistan-pakistan

an insufferable insult to a supposed secretary of state

as secty, ms clinton was put in the hi profile part of spielberg-like producer of these disastrous, embarrassing middle east piece talks, still ongoing to nowhere, a full face flop

it is what it is

party on

Well, of course, you realize that the only people who really support Pelosi live in San Francisco. So holding all Democrats accountable for her would be like holding all Republicans accountable for Tom DeLay. Kind of an intellectually dishonest attempt at deflection.

O'Donnell isn't just a dim bulb, she's nuts. That makes her special.

Well, of course, you realize that the only people who really support Pelosi live in San Francisco. So holding all Democrats accountable for her would be like holding all Republicans accountable for Tom DeLay. Kind of an intellectually dishonest attempt at deflection.

O'Donnell isn't just a dim bulb, she's nuts. That makes her special.

being nuts is hardly limited to her

ever heard Maxine Waters rant?

Mike Castle is almost Nobody's idea of a Republican , but there would be no contest in Delaware if he were currently the nominee and the First Vote he would cast in January would be to possibly give the GOP a numerical majority. Now it's rather unlikely because of the zealots. Sure, O'Donnell can possibly turn it around in a small state in 27 days , but I doubt it.

This whole topic is nothing but B.S. nothing that she did as a silly teenager has any relevance with today.

If it did Obama is still a COKE FREAK, which by the way would explain a lot.

Liberals idiots are grabbing at staws again.

This whole topic is nothing but B.S. nothing that she did as a silly teenager has any relevance with today.

There's still the issue of her extreme social regressive streak. And her conspiracy theory about China.

None of these "extremists" are suggesting NO taxes they are talking tax control.
An idea on which there seems to be no unity at all. I've asked dozens of anti-tax people what they mean by "tax control" (or similar term) and I have never once received even similar answers from two different people. Usually that question is answered by a rant filled with half-baked economic ideas that dont stand up to the real world.

Nobody is suggesting we don't fund the government they are just saying reduce the goverment.
Again, whenever I ask about what that means, I get a variety of different answers all based in the value judgements of someone who usually relies on one TV network for their source of information.

My basic beef is that most of these anti-tax people are demanding to be taken seriously and are not demonstrating that they should be. They're like the observers at the hospital trying to yell at the surgeon because he isnt working the way they think he should work. Most of these people cant present a sound idea to save their lives and I'm not interested in people whose entire argument is a rant against the government.

You call them extremist then attack their extremism with exaggerated rhetoric. Who's the extremist now?
Erm, do you actually know what "extremist" means? You could have made a valid point by saying I was making a strawman argument, which I was (I need to stop posting when I'm tired, I tend to wander off topic). My criticism of the lack of education with regards to most of the anti-tax crowd still stands though.

You seemed to feel that what Obama did as a "silly teenager" had relevance during the election, why are we not allowed to laugh at your team when someone on it takes a mis-step?

Back
Top Bottom