• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

DeJoy Senate hearing live updates: Postal Service will prioritize ballots over other mail, postmaste

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...um=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy told the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee on Friday that the agency will continue to prioritize ballots over other mail, as it has in past elections, expressing support for the practice of voting by mail.

It was the first time the embattled leader of the U.S. Postal Service has publicly answered lawmakers’ questions about mail slowdowns attributed to his cost-cutting policies that have spurred worries about the delivery of ballots for the November election.

DeJoy, a former logistics executive and an ally of President Trump, announced he would suspend those policies — including cutting overtime and prohibiting extra mail-delivery trips — and would halt the removal of mail-sorting machines and public mailboxes before Nov. 3. But DeJoy is also considering a massive overhaul of the agency after the vote, The Washington Post reported Thursday, in which the Postal Service would implement geographic pricing, reduce mail-delivery standards and increase prices.

The postmaster general is also set to testify Monday before the House Oversight Committee with Postal Service Board of Governors Chairman Robert M. Duncan.
========================================================================
This guy looked like he was lying.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...um=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy told the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee on Friday that the agency will continue to prioritize ballots over other mail, as it has in past elections, expressing support for the practice of voting by mail.

It was the first time the embattled leader of the U.S. Postal Service has publicly answered lawmakers’ questions about mail slowdowns attributed to his cost-cutting policies that have spurred worries about the delivery of ballots for the November election.

DeJoy, a former logistics executive and an ally of President Trump, announced he would suspend those policies — including cutting overtime and prohibiting extra mail-delivery trips — and would halt the removal of mail-sorting machines and public mailboxes before Nov. 3. But DeJoy is also considering a massive overhaul of the agency after the vote, The Washington Post reported Thursday, in which the Postal Service would implement geographic pricing, reduce mail-delivery standards and increase prices.

The postmaster general is also set to testify Monday before the House Oversight Committee with Postal Service Board of Governors Chairman Robert M. Duncan.

Has he said anything about rebuilding the mail sorting machines that were ordered dismantled

Anyone who thinks this is the last voter suppression technique this term from the GOP hasn’t been paying attention since Nixon. Ron Johnson is an out-and-out Ru$$ian ass-et.

DeJoy holds millions in stock in private companies that compete with the USPS.

Anyone who thinks this is the last voter suppression technique this term from the GOP hasn’t been paying attention since Nixon. Ron Johnson is an out-and-out Ru$$ian ass-et.

Johnson did the country a favor by holding this hearing.

Dejoy is obviously not prepared to answer the tough questions.

Johnson, Paul and six other GOPutin Senators spent July 4th, 2018 in Moscow.

He came back and said the Ru$$ian election interference was overblown. (Helsinki 2.0)

Now Johnson is investigating Biden with trump slurpers Senators Grassley and Graham.

Anyone who thinks this is the last voter suppression technique this term from the GOP hasn’t been paying attention since Nixon.

yup..

They don't even bother trying to hide the tactic anymore.
Just disenfranchise as many people they don't like as they can and come out with some piss poor excuse and somehow that's just fine.
The idea of actually winning an election by getting more people to vote for you is so quint and old fashioned when they can just decide that huge swaths of the population don't deserve the right to vote or are prevented from voting by putting roadblocks in the way.

My idea is every citizen of voting age should be allowed to vote with no exceptions. Flood the country with poling stations like they do in the UK where even in my small town we have numerous stations and my station is just 3 minutes walk from my house. This should not be impossible for the worlds so called richest country and gerrymandering should be abolished with boundaries set by a non-partisan committee and left at that unless some radical change happens and that committee recommends a change which should be ultra rare.

If the Republicans can't win by actually having policies that more of the country wants then they don't deserve to ever be in power again and the same goes for the dems if they decide to start acting like dicks.

I don't trust DeJoy, and I am disheartened by the Republicans on the committee who appeared to be generally dismissive of the concerns the American people have that their ballots may not be processed in time. I appreciated Romney's questions but he was just too polite and I fear he is a little naive.

Has he said anything about rebuilding the mail sorting machines that were ordered dismantled

I believe he stated that the sorting machines would not be reinstalled.

I'm embarrassed to have voted for Rob Portman. I sure as **** will not do that again.

Six states, D.C. file lawsuit against Postal Service over service changes - Reuters

Six states, D.C. file lawsuit against Postal Service over service changes

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Six states led by Pennsylvania on Friday sued the U.S. Postal Service and the new postmaster general, saying service changes in recent weeks have harmed the ability of states to conduct free and fair elections.

The suit, filed in U.S. District Court in Pennsylvania, was joined by California, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, North Carolina and the District of Columbia.
=======================================================================================
I hope there is enough time.

Too bad someone didn't blow the whistle on this mess earlier.

Six states, D.C. file lawsuit against Postal Service over service changes - Reuters

Six states, D.C. file lawsuit against Postal Service over service changes

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Six states led by Pennsylvania on Friday sued the U.S. Postal Service and the new postmaster general, saying service changes in recent weeks have harmed the ability of states to conduct free and fair elections.

The suit, filed in U.S. District Court in Pennsylvania, was joined by California, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, North Carolina and the District of Columbia.
=======================================================================================
I hope there is enough time.

Too bad someone didn't blow the whistle on this mess earlier.

Good thing we learned about this now and not in October

They don't even bother trying to hide the tactic anymore.
Just disenfranchise as many people they don't like as they can and come out with some piss poor excuse and somehow that's just fine.
The idea of actually winning an election by getting more people to vote for you is so quint and old fashioned when they can just decide that huge swaths of the population don't deserve the right to vote or are prevented from voting by putting roadblocks in the way.

My idea is every citizen of voting age should be allowed to vote with no exceptions. Flood the country with poling stations like they do in the UK where even in my small town we have numerous stations and my station is just 3 minutes walk from my house. This should not be impossible for the worlds so called richest country and gerrymandering should be abolished with boundaries set by a non-partisan committee and left at that unless some radical change happens and that committee recommends a change which should be ultra rare.

If the Republicans can't win by actually having policies that more of the country wants then they don't deserve to ever be in power again and the same goes for the dems if they decide to start acting like dicks.
Republicans have closed polling places for a growing voter population, rather than open more, especially in, you guessed it, minority areas. ETC. (Wisconsin —> COVID Calamity)

Racial gerrymandering is now legal with this bastardized SCOTUS. As well, their gutting of the 14th amendment and the Voting Rights Amendment has further suppressed voting.

Then there’s the PURGING of hundreds of thousands of voters from voter rolls in states like Georgia and Wisconsin.

The Census, Redistricting, and Remapping are up for grabs in 2021, but could be in court for years to come with 1) fights over the just-happened elections and 2) no agreements on the maps in any of the 50 maps.

Enough from me. My Mother is British and went through the War as a young girl.

Republicans have closed polling places for a growing voter population, rather than open more, especially in, you guessed it, minority areas. ETC. (Wisconsin —> COVID Calamity)

Racial gerrymandering is now legal with this bastardized SCOTUS. As well, their gutting of the 14th amendment and the Voting Rights Amendment has further suppressed voting.

Then there’s the PURGING of hundreds of thousands of voters from voter rolls in states like Georgia and Wisconsin.

The Census, Redistricting, and Remapping are up for grabs in 2021, but could be in court for years to come with 1) fights over the just-happened elections and 2) no agreements on the maps in any of the 50 maps.

Enough from me. My Mother is British and went through the War as a young girl.

Then we will have to vote at levels so that it isn’t close.

I understand Sen. Carper lost his schiff on a live mic over tech difficulties. Did you hear it?

Which tough questions would those be?

I understand Sen. Carper lost his schiff on a live mic over tech difficulties. Did you hear it?
That’s the only language Qpublicans understand. Trumq is sane enough to project his own insane behaviorS on others.

That’s the only language Qpublicans understand. Trumq is sane enough to project his own insane behaviorS on others.

Would it require a conspiracy to say that you appear to be fiQuated.

Back
Top Bottom