• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DeJoy insults committee members as he asks for more money to carry out his Postal Service sabotage

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

3/12/21
Postmaster General Louis DeJoy was slightly less bombastic than the last time he testified in front of a House oversight committee, when he declared he was going to be in this job for "a long time. Get used to me." He was marginally less obnoxious on Thursday, when he testified before the House Appropriations subcommittee on financial service. He even attempted contrition, sort of. Michigan Democratic Rep. Brenda Lawrence, a former U.S. Postal Service (USPS) employee of 30 years, chided DeJoy for springing his plans on the public. "I am going to use all the power I have to require you to stop doing press releases on massive changes and to at least give the United States Congress the courtesy of knowing your plan," Lawrence told him. His response didn't go over well. He said Lawrence was "well-known and respected within the Postal Service ," but the Postal Service of today and the condition we are in is not the Postal Service of 2008 when you retired." Bad move. "I am not naïve," Lawrence replied, reminding him that she's been in an oversight position in Congress. "So please don't imply that I'm ignorant." She wasn't done. "I don't want to be in this position again where we're going tit-for-tat and you seem annoyed and arrogant about answering the questions. We must work together because the Postal Service is bigger than you and I," she said.

Somewhat chided, DeJoy launched his "sorry, not sorry" routine. "Yes there are times where I leave these sessions, and I'm a little embarrassed about my behavior," DeJoy said by way of not really apologizing. It wasn't a smart move for someone asking for money for his agency from people he has regularly antagonized. That was, after all, why he was at the Appropriations committee. He was asking the committee to give him more money so that he can implement his plan to slow mail delivery down. Yes, you read that right. More money so he can make the USPS operations worse from the customer's standpoint, on delivery. "We cannot go to California from New York in three days without going on planes, and we don't own planes." Never mind that the USPS also doesn't own enough trucks to carry all that mail and would have to contract out to companies like XPOLogistics, DeJoy's former company which he continued to have a financial stake in as recently as last fall. A company that had a booming 2020 following DeJoy's appointment to the job.

Trump toady DeJoy is asking Congress for more money so he can make the USPS even slower than it is now. This clown needs to go asap.

Congress (and the SEC) should also look very closely at a $54 million contract for new postal vehicles that DeJoy awarded to Oshkosh Defense. Just 10% of these vehicles will be electric. Another company, Workhorse Group, offered to provide an all-electric fleet for the same contract price. A significant movement in Oshkosh stocks occurred 24 hours before the DeJoy Oshkosh contract announcement.

Oshkosh Admitted Weakness on EVs Before Shock Postal Deal

Trump toady DeJoy is asking Congress for more money so he can make the USPS even slower than it is now. This clown needs to go asap.

Congress (and the SEC) should also look very closely at a $54 million contract for new postal vehicles that DeJoy awarded to Oshkosh Defense. Just 10% of these vehicles will be electric. Another company, Workhorse Group, offered to provide an all-electric fleet for the same contract price. A significant movement in Oshkosh stocks occurred 24 hours before the DeJoy Oshkosh contract announcement.

Katie Porter brilliantly exposed his incompetence a couple weeks ago. Surprised he hasn't been fired yet.

Katie Porter brilliantly exposed his incompetence a couple weeks ago. Surprised he hasn't been fired yet.

He can only be fired by the Postal System Board of Governors, which is intentionally truncated with less than a full quorum, something which is about to be remedied, and when that full quorum is in place, DeJoy will indeed be fired, and very possibly brought up on charges as well.

DeJoy Wanted poster.jpg

Is he a civil service career employee that can't easily be fired? Why is this dickhead still in charge of the post office?

Is he a civil service career employee that can't easily be fired? Why is this dickhead still in charge of the post office?

The fact that he still has the job proves our government is broken.

He can only be fired by the Postal System Board of Governors, which is intentionally truncated with less than a full quorum, something which is about to be remedied, and when that full quorum is in place, DeJoy will indeed be fired, and very possibly brought up on charges as well.
What charges do you think he'd face?

View attachment 67322829
Thanks for that information.

This has a smell about it................

Good one ==== thumbs up

Yes DeJoy needs to be off the taxpayer payroll

Back
Top Bottom