• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Defying national trends, Colorado voters continue to prefer Democrats to Republicans (The Rocky Mountaineer Poll)

Tender Branson

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Vote for Governor:

Jared Polis (D) 53%
Heidi Ganahl (R) 37%
Undecided 10%

Jared Polis (D) 51%
Danielle Neuschwanger (R) 40%
Undecided 9%

Research presented in this publication is the result of a survey conducted between February 11 and February 15, 2022 among 800 registered voters in Colorado. The margin of error at the 95% confidence level for Colorado voters is +/- 3.5%. The margin of error on sub-samples is greater. This ninth publication will focus on the political landscape, including voters’ views on the Governor’s race and the parties’ handling of major issues facing Colorado.

Trump gets a -21 favourable rating in Colorado, Biden -8.

Both Gov. Polis and Sen. Bennet get double digit favourable ratings (+14 And +13) - so they should be safe in November.

Colorado Democrats lead Republicans by 6 points (46-40) in the elections to the state legislature in November.

This comes as national polls have Republicans leading for US Senate & House by about 4 points on average in the RCP average of polls …

Neuschwanger sounds very much like a German name.

Her ancestors must be from Germany, Austria or Switzerland.

“Neuschwanger“ literally translated means Danielle „newly pregnant“ in German.

Kinda funny last name.

I've always loved Vail and Breckenridge.

My wife and I enjoyed weekend getaways in Grand Junction and Glenwood Springs, then drive up to Aspen.

Denver not so much. We went once and it was a dump. Bums, mentally ill, and dope fiends riding the free trams around the convention center and congregating around tourist areas and restaurants. No thanks. won't be back...neither will the convention.

Poor Broncos.

Vote for Governor:

Jared Polis (D) 53%
Heidi Ganahl (R) 37%
Undecided 10%

Jared Polis (D) 51%
Undecided 9%

Research presented in this publication is the result of a survey conducted between February 11 and February 15, 2022 among 800 registered voters in Colorado. The margin of error at the 95% confidence level for Colorado voters is +/- 3.5%. The margin of error on sub-samples is greater. This ninth publication will focus on the political landscape, including voters’ views on the Governor’s race and the parties’ handling of major issues facing Colorado.

Both Gov. Polis and Sen. Bennet get double digit favourable ratings (+14 And +13) - so they should be safe in November.
Unlike other authoritarian, do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do governors, Polis did very well for the state during the covid days.

Had Biden governed more as a moderate rather than trying to gain favor from fringe progressives, he would be doing better, too.

Did you mean Gary Hart.

Oh....Dooooonnnnnaaaaaa......

Gary Hart who hasn't been in office for 35 years? That's the best you got?

He was a serial adulterer (like Trump) but he wasn't a high school dropout who got knocked up in a truck and who brought zero credentials to DC. He was a lawyer who graduated from Yale Law.

My wife and I enjoyed weekend getaways in Grand Junction and Glenwood Springs, then drive up to Aspen.

Denver not so much. We went once and it was a dump. Bums, mentally ill, and dope fiends riding the free trams around the convention center and congregating around tourist areas and restaurants. No thanks. won't be back...neither will the convention.

Poor Broncos.
Oh my God, a city is like a city and tourist destinations are like tourist destinations? I’m shocked; shocked I tell you! Well, not that shocked…

Poor Broncos.
Yeah, Denver - particularly downtown has become a cesspool. Pot literally everywhere. And working in Denver - omg, the mountain of new rules and regulations and costs... I refuse to go into Denver anymore unless I absolutely must.

Yeah, Denver - particularly downtown has become a cesspool. Pot literally everywhere. And working in Denver - omg, the mountain of new rules and regulations and costs... I refuse to go into Denver anymore unless I absolutely must.
Nobody gives a shit what you people say, you have no credibility. Look at all the shithole red states with low education, high drug addiction, crumbling towns and trailer parks,shitty healthcare, the list goes on and on.

You lie all the time like every right winger.

Nobody gives a shit what you people say, you have no credibility. Look at all the shithole red states with low education, high drug addiction, crumbling towns and trailer parks,shitty healthcare, the list goes on and on.

You lie all the time like every right winger.
You're pretty much describing downtown Denver to a "T."

And - are you calling me - and all right wingers here on DP liars?

Nobody gives a shit what you people say, you have no credibility.

Yes, that was funny....thank you.

You.....talking about credibility.

[WAAT]

The trends are the bigger story.

The fact that Colorado likes being seen as third world isn't my issue.

And, outside of Denver, most of the state is red anyway.

So, who, exactly, are you talking to.

You live in the state
Well, Polis, DeGottem, and Lickenpooper live in the state too. What's your point?

If your point is that they should "hang their heads in shame, personally" then I'd have to agree.

Well, Polis, DeGottem, and Lickenpooper live in the state too. What's your point?

If your point is that they should "hang their heads in shame, personally" then I'd have to agree.
Nah. Just boebert

Vote for Governor:

Jared Polis (D) 53%
Heidi Ganahl (R) 37%
Undecided 10%

Jared Polis (D) 51%
Undecided 9%

This is no surprise. We had like one republican governor in the last 46 years or so.

Back
Top Bottom