• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Defying national trends, Colorado voters continue to prefer Democrats to Republicans (The Rocky Mountaineer Poll)

Perhaps Mississippi would be your cup of tea?
What makes you think being disappointed in [the people of] my state would ever attract me to some state like Mississippi, or Georgia for that matter?

I love Colorado - which is why I'm disappointed in the people here who're turning it into a nightmarish, liberal hell-hole.

And besides, we don't have sweltering humidity here like Mississippi, and Georgia; sticky, sweltering humidity - against which there oughta be a law, btw.

What makes you think being disappointed in [the people of] my state would ever attract me to some state like Mississippi, or Georgia for that matter?

I love Colorado - which is why I'm disappointed in the people here who're turning it into a nightmarish, liberal hell-hole.

And besides, we don't have sweltering humidity here like Mississippi, and Georgia; sticky, sweltering humidity - against which there oughta be a law, btw.

I've never lived in either state.

However, I did live in S.C. as a kid and it is beautiful. All that humidity supports huge trees (pines) that often hit 100+ feet. It is very green.

If I was going to insult a state, it would be New York for electing a moron like Cuomo. That is the people.

While it is butt cold there, some people like it. So, I don't trash that.

AZ is not for everyone. I get that. I love it. I don't expect others to do the same.

This will piss off the insurrection supporters.

However, I did live in S.C. as a kid and it is beautiful. All that humidity supports huge trees (pines) that often hit 100+ feet. It is very green.

If I was going to insult a state, it would be New York for electing a moron like Cuomo. That is the people.

AZ is not for everyone. I get that. I love it. I don't expect others to do the same.
I was stationed in Charleston for 4 years so am aware of the area and its weather. :)

And yeah, there's a lot of pretty areas, and historical areas which were interesting to visit - but being from Colorado, I sort of need blue sky - which you don't get in the south, save maybe 3 or 4 days a year. Otherwise the sky is a milky white with humidity. Very unnatural.

I'd move to AZ long before I'd ever go back to the south. But I'd go to Flagstaff or maybe Payson, where you get some break in the heat and the occasional snow ('specially Flagstaff). I could deal with the Phoenix are - been there several times, but too hot for me. No grass in the yards, just painted green stone. :)

I was stationed in Charleston for 4 years so am aware of the area and its weather. :)

And yeah, there's a lot of pretty areas, and historical areas which were interesting to visit - but being from Colorado, I sort of need blue sky - which you don't get in the south, save maybe 3 or 4 days a year. Otherwise the sky is a milky white with humidity. Very unnatural.

I'd move to AZ long before I'd ever go back to the south. But I'd go to Flagstaff or maybe Payson, where you get some break in the heat and the occasional snow ('specially Flagstaff). I could deal with the Phoenix are - been there several times, but too hot for me. No grass in the yards, just painted green stone. :)

Don't want to get dinged for being off topic.

But.......

My dad was stationed at Charleston and I lived there for 3 years. I thought I knew what rain was !!!!!!!! Out of 20 little leauge games one year...10 were postponed due to rain and 6 of the make-ups were canceled. I recall catching while home plate had 1/2 of water on it !!!!

I like Colorado. We go there about every summer (Breck). But it always pours in the afternoon. Drives me nuts. I do love the deep blue sky (that is what I call it ...... Colorado Blue).

Arizona has as many different climates as you could want. We say you can snow ski and water ski in the same day.

Very hot in the summer and I, too, hate the rock yards. Unfortunately, that is what I have (but not for long as the general agrees).

Back to the topic:

Colorado has always attracted a different type of person. Boulder is hysterical to be in (for me). Lots of Subaru's with mom/dad/two kids (mom has a ball cap on with her hair pulled through the back) and all wearing Burkinstocks. I have a daughter who just loves Manitu Springs (we always have to go there when we visit). I really like it too.

But that brings a different mind set. One I don't mind, but don't want to live under.

Hence the value of Federalism. CO can be as "hippyish/DINK/Yuppie" as it wants while Utah can be as conservative as it wants to be. Neither has to suffer.

But the left wing can't help but want to make EVERY state like Colorado by putting morons like Pelosi into office.

I say....if CO wants left-wingers.....more power to them. I love the state and I hope they can enjoy it the way they want.

Anyway.......

Don't want to get dinged for being off topic.

But.......

My dad was stationed at Charleston and I lived there for 3 years. I thought I knew what rain was !!!!!!!! Out of 20 little leauge games one year...10 were postponed due to rain and 6 of the make-ups were canceled. I recall catching while home plate had 1/2 of water on it !!!!

I like Colorado. We go there about every summer (Breck). But it always pours in the afternoon. Drives me nuts. I do love the deep blue sky (that is what I call it ...... Colorado Blue).

Arizona has as many different climates as you could want. We say you can snow ski and water ski in the same day.

Very hot in the summer and I, too, hate the rock yards. Unfortunately, that is what I have (but not for long as the general agrees).

Back to the topic:

Colorado has always attracted a different type of person. Boulder is hysterical to be in (for me). Lots of Subaru's with mom/dad/two kids (mom has a ball cap on with her hair pulled through the back) and all wearing Burkinstocks. I have a daughter who just loves Manitu Springs (we always have to go there when we visit). I really like it too.

But that brings a different mind set. One I don't mind, but don't want to live under.

Hence the value of Federalism. CO can be as "hippyish/DINK/Yuppie" as it wants while Utah can be as conservative as it wants to be. Neither has to suffer.

But the left wing can't help but want to make EVERY state like Colorado by putting morons like Pelosi into office.

I say....if CO wants left-wingers.....more power to them. I love the state and I hope they can enjoy it the way they want.

Anyway.......
Meh... so few of these threads stay on topic - and actually... what IS the topic here? Oh yeah, CO prefers Dems to Reps, which sux. Ok, there, we're back on topic. :)

I was raised in Boulder. Experienced the Vietnam riots of the 60's. Was even tear-gassed with my brother watching one of them.
Hippies infested Boulder - Boulder was for them the last bastion on earth, so they made love in City Park, took baths in Boulder Creek, and sold pot up on the Hill. At one count, there were some 40,000 of them in the foothills and parks of Boulder - most of whom still live there today.

Back then, the majority of us were in fact conservative. The university spawned all the leftist nuts that made Boulder famous (or infamous) as a leftist haven ("15 square miles of city surrounded by reality").

My parents lived there for over 50 years, until their passing. My wife an I lived there for a number of years until we moved farther east in the county some 10 years or so ago.
I'll be honest, I can't stand going to Boulder anymore. It's hard to describe, but it's become a very, very "dark" place these days.

Meh... so few of these threads stay on topic - and actually... what IS the topic here? Oh yeah, CO prefers Dems to Reps, which sux. Ok, there, we're back on topic. :)

I was raised in Boulder. Experienced the Vietnam riots of the 60's. Was even tear-gassed with my brother watching one of them.
Hippies infested Boulder - Boulder was for them the last bastion on earth, so they made love in City Park, took baths in Boulder Creek, and sold pot up on the Hill. At one count, there were some 40,000 of them in the foothills and parks of Boulder - most of whom still live there today.

Back then, the majority of us were in fact conservative. The university spawned all the leftist nuts that made Boulder famous (or infamous) as a leftist haven ("15 square miles of city surrounded by reality").

My parents lived there for over 50 years, until their passing. My wife an I lived there for a number of years until we moved farther east in the county some 10 years or so ago.
I'll be honest, I can't stand going to Boulder anymore. It's hard to describe, but it's become a very, very "dark" place these days.

There is always Manitou Springs !!!!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sorry you feel that way about Boulder.

If something changes and you have to watch it.....it's hard.

I am watching Arizona grapple with the lack of conservative leadership (thanks to John McStain) and the influx from the Golden State. We have the opportunity and the critical mass to turn it around.

I just hope we get the stones (and lose the whackos).

There is always Manitou Springs !!!!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sorry you feel that way about Boulder.

If something changes and you have to watch it.....it's hard.

I am watching Arizona grapple with the lack of conservative leadership (thanks to John McStain) and the influx from the Golden State. We have the opportunity and the critical mass to turn it around.

I just hope we get the stones (and lose the whackos).
Yeah - dunno about that though - Manitou has pretty much gone commercial, albeit still with some hippy flavor, but it can't hold a candle to the wackiness that is Boulder.

What's really sad about Boulder is years ago they adopted a zero-expansion goal so the city bought up all the land around boulder and calls it "open space." It's nice, trails and what-not. But what they also did was permit the "densification" of the city. Rather than sprawling outwards, Boulder has instead chosen to expand inward - apartment complex after apartment complex after apartment complex after apartment complex... and more apartment complexes in the offing. The population density of the city is literally ruining Boulder - or has ruined Boulder already. It's just tragic. I keep in touch with a number of high school buds and they all feel the same. Just tragic....

Yeah - dunno about that though - Manitou has pretty much gone commercial, albeit still with some hippy flavor, but it can't hold a candle to the wackiness that is Boulder.

What's really sad about Boulder is years ago they adopted a zero-expansion goal so the city bought up all the land around boulder and calls it "open space." It's nice, trails and what-not. But what they also did was permit the "densification" of the city. Rather than sprawling outwards, Boulder has instead chosen to expand inward - apartment complex after apartment complex after apartment complex after apartment complex... and more apartment complexes in the offing. The population density of the city is literally ruining Boulder - or has ruined Boulder already. It's just tragic. I keep in touch with a number of high school buds and they all feel the same. Just tragic....

Well, that is germane to the topic.

Here you have government "do-gooders" who want to legislate good intentions.

What do they wind up doing.....?

Well, someone must be renting those apartments. But that looks like Europe. Not my idea of a good time.

Well, that is germane to the topic.

Here you have government "do-gooders" who want to legislate good intentions.

What do they wind up doing.....?

Well, someone must be renting those apartments. But that looks like Europe. Not my idea of a good time.
It is literally faster to cross Boulder on a bicycle than it is in a car. And it don't matter what direction you go, E-W, N-S.

My guess is that you just insulted Mississippi.

If so, why would you do that ?

I don't know, maybe because they're the worst at just about everything? Life expectancy, human development, healthcare, teacher salaries, divorce (consistently one of the highest), and so on.

I don't know, maybe because they're the worst at just about everything? Life expectancy, human development, healthcare, teacher salaries, divorce (consistently one of the highest), and so on.

Ah, yes.

I forgot. The judgmental left.

So, maybe you should give them a break instead of dumping on them.

You're pretty much describing downtown Denver to a "T."

And - are you calling me - and all right wingers here on DP liars?
More like the shithole of northeast CO that wants to secede. I will admit I enjoyed the 300 miles of I-80 overpasses this past Friday driving to Lincoln.

I stayed for 6 weeks at Fort Jackson, S.C., and I agree it is a very green and nice looking state. It is also very humid during the Summer thanks to its myriad of swamps. I never made it to New York (other than Manhattan for a couple of days, but that doesn't really count), but I understand that once you get outside the cities New York is also a very green and nice looking State. Arizona is a bit different. The northern part of the State is very green and nice looking, but the southern part of the State is not so much. Kind of like Montana in that respect. The western half of Montana is very green and nice looking, while the eastern half is not so much.

Personally, I prefer Alaska which is also a very green and nice looking State, with more salmon than I can be easily counted.

I've also hunted in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, South Dakota, and Wyoming, but never in Colorado. Colorado was one of those States you avoided when driving from the mid-west to the west coast, or visa versa. Instead of putting all that strain on your vehicle driving through the Colorado mountains it was easier to avoid them by driving through either New Mexico or Wyoming.

'Specifically'---How is Colorado being turned into a "nightmarish, liberal hell-hole"?

So, maybe you should give them a break instead of dumping on them.
Actually, he he is merely 'commenting' and stating facts about how they dump on themselves. Big difference.

Back
Top Bottom