• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Definition Challenge: what does trans woman mean?

Simpletruther

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Talk about a moving target, it's hard to get any kind of consistent answer to this.

I will offer what I consider the logical concise definition that seems to fit:

A biological male or intersex that desires to be a biological female and wants to be treated as one socially.

Talk about a moving target, it's hard to get any kind of consistent answer to this.

A biological male or intersex that desires to be a biological female and wants to be treated as one socially.
That's because a consistent answer (as in consistently defensible) would require logic, and logic is one thing trans ideology consistently lacks.

Why do you care about how a person defines their sexuality? How does their choice impact you personally?

That's because a consistent answer (as in consistently defensible) would require logic, and logic is one thing trans ideology consistently lacks.
This. You have to divorce yourself from logic, and reality, and accept socially-forced constructs as fact.
Accept the Left's reality, or else.

Why do you care about how a person defines their sexuality? How does their choice impact you personally?
Their rights end where my rights begin. That is why.

Should our public policy concerns be limited to only those things that affect us as individuals?

My view is, if you want me to treat you as a woman, all you gotta do is fool me. I have likely treated dudes like woman before and didn't know it.

But don't come at me with your beard and flannel shirt and expect me to let you on the life boat first.

Their rights end where my rights begin. That is why.
Exactly which of your "rights" are impacted by someone else's sexuality?

My view is, if you want me to treat you as a woman, all you gotta do is fool me. I have likely treated dudes like woman before and didn't know it.

But don't come at me with your beard and flannel shirt and expect me to let you on the life boat first.
1648300898581.png

It impacts society. As we have seen a girl recently robbed of a national title by a dude pretender.

Personally I don't care what they want to pretend to be.

It impacts society. As we have seen a girl recently robbed of a national title by a dude pretender.
How does their choice impact you personally?

Of course it has, does and will continue to do, as long as bio females are marginalized by bio males.
Lia Thomas is but one trans female swimmer at UPenn. Wait until there are a half dozen bio males on the team. Then what?
Conservatives need to stay strong on this and protect bio females in sports. It will only get more absurd and women will continue to suffer.

How would a change in public policy classifying Lia Thomas, legally, as a man impact you personally?
I never said that it did. How does a person's choice of sexuality impact you personally?

It hasn't yet. But there may come a time when I am forced to lie or be fined if I don't call a dude a she.
Did you ever think you'd see this stuff happen in Canada? Forced Speech. Superseding parental rights to raise their own child according to their biological sex.
We need to heed these warnings.

Fairness denied to one is fairness denied to all. We act as part of a society and in the best interest of others, particularly when we see 50% of society at risk because males are being given entree into competitions in which they are far superior, because of their genetic makeup.

It hasn't yet. But there may come a time when I am forced to lie or be fined if I don't call a dude a she.
So, much ado about nothing. Got it.

Wouldn't your time be better spent worrying about crime and poverty and education and healthcare costs? You know, things that currently impact you personally.

Does the definition I offered fit? need tweaking?

So, much ado about nothing. Got it.

Wouldn't your time be better spent worrying about crime and poverty and education and healthcare costs? You know, things that currently impact you personally.
Wouldn't the lefts time be better spent on these things then pushing trans agenda?

No, being fined for the wrong pronouns isn't nothing, sorry. It's something. Robbing real women isn't nothing, sorry. That has tangible costs to some of these girls, endorsements and such

Wouldn't the lefts time be better spent on these things then pushing trans agenda?

No, being fined for the wrong pronouns isn't nothing, sorry. It's something. Robbing real women isn't nothing, sorry.
So, again, nothing that impacts you personally.

I happen to care about others and society and justice. Not everything is about me.
Do your personal feelings about trans people include caring about how society treats them and injustices against them?

Should our public policy concerns be limited to only those things that affect us as individuals?
This thread isn't about public policy concerns. It's about individuals defining others.

Back
Top Bottom