• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Definition Challenge: what does trans woman mean?

OK, From my side of the fence, the debate has been going on since being a young child.

The American culture of enforced masculinity and femininity brings out less-than-stellar base instincts easy to project against basically harmless, non-binary individuals. Fishing for specific definitions of specific people from specific groups smacks of a set-up; these topic-lines are common, usually sprinkled with wisdom and actual information, but sadly end up going down the same rabbit hole.
Fishing for consistency.

I am certainly not trying to force masculinity or femininity.

Something like that.

It's an individual's personal sense of having a particular gender.
And I have no problem with it. I want things too that I can't have. Nor do I complain about them pretending it to what they want to be. That's life. I do have a problem with some of the trans activist positions though like sports and bathrooms and forced pronouns.

And of course brown Jackson was likely dishonest in her answer, because you don't need to know biology to find out if someone identifies as another sex, just ask them. And she likely would call a trans woman a woman. So she was just dodging.

Wrong. You demanded that transexuals were abnormal, then told me if I didn't agree with you the "discussion was over".
Lie. I "demanded" no such thing.
Moreover, I said if you insisted telling me the individual who's photo I posted was normal the "discussion was over."

Wrong. I posted a peer reviewed empirical study that supports my claim that transexualism is well within the range of normal human sexuality. You continued to demand that you know more about transexuals than the vast majority of trained professionals in academia.
Good grief, you posted a paper by the Rainbow Project that is neither objective nor empirical. And of course it's peer-reviewed - its peers being those whose worldview and opinions are in line with the propaganda it's promoting. It's propaganda disguised as "science" and utterly dismissible - but you've fallen for it hook, line, and sinker.

Wrong. The only viable question here is, why are you so angry transexuals exist?
The anger is demonstrably yours - concocting a straw man argument to attack my position, lying about my comments, misrepresenting my comments, then quoting an obviously biased paper and representing it as "peer-reviewed" science.

Have you no shame, sir?

Lie. I "demanded" no such thing.
Moreover, I said if you insisted telling me the individual who's photo I posted was normal the "discussion was over.
Are you so inept that you don't realize telling me the discussion was over if I didn't agree with your claim is basically "demanding" your right? Though you'd probably gotten the same response had you held your breath or stamped your feet.
Good grief, you posted a paper by the Rainbow Project that is neither objective nor empirical. And of course it's peer-reviewed - its peers being those whose worldview and opinions are in line with the propaganda it's promoting. It's propaganda disguised as "science" and utterly dismissible - but you've fallen for it hook, line, and sinker.
The empirical evidence I posted is still there in post #119. I wouldn't want you to lose your place, so here it is again....

The anger is demonstrably yours - concocting a straw man argument to attack my position, lying about my comments, misrepresenting my comments, then quoting an obviously biased paper and representing it as "peer-reviewed" science.
Wrong. I also quite accurately pointed out that internalized homophobia and oppression (such as you demonstrate) happens to many seemingly heterosexual people who have been raised to believe homosexuality is abnormal. Then I cited the rainbow-project which supports my claim. Here it is again for you. I tell you what though, if you doubt my claim I can blanket this thread with evidence that support it. Because It's a known fact.

.https://www.rainbow-project.org/internalised-homophobia/
Have you no shame, sir?
Absolutely none when dealing with folks like you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom