• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Defending Yourself Against Being Sexually Assaulted Is Not A Felony

DebateChallenge

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
If you're being sexually assaulted, which includes being touched in a way you're not supposed to be touched, you should be allowed to slug the person doing it and not get in trouble. You certainly shouldn't be charged with a felony. Self defense is not a felony, including self defense from being sexually assaulted, and in fact self defense is legal in the USA.

If you're being sexually assaulted, which includes being touched in a way you're not supposed to be touched, you should be allowed to slug the person doing it and not get in trouble. You certainly shouldn't be charged with a felony. Self defense is not a felony, including self defense from being sexually assaulted, and in fact self defense is legal in the USA.

Link and details.....

You already made a thread about this:

https://www.debatepolitics.com/law-...not-felony.html?highlight=self-defense+felony

I want to point out that self defense is not a felony, at least not in the USA. In the USA you're allowed by law to defend yourself so you're not going to be slapped with a felony when you defend yourself.

Duh. We know. What is the point of saying any of this?

What are you talking about?

You're trying this one again? The "Can I hit someone who touches me inappropriately?" bit?

Can you walk away from the person? Is there a need to defend yourself? Otherwise, hitting them is assault. And if just basic touching, 'hitting' is likely an immature reaction. Adults should be able to control their emotions and be 'better' than the person acting inappropriately.

What 'defense' is needed against touching if you can walk away?

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

You're trying this one again? The "Can I hit someone who touches me inappropriately?" bit?

Can you walk away from the person? Is there a need to defend yourself? Otherwise, hitting them is assault. And if just basic touching, 'hitting' is likely an immature reaction. Adults should be able to control their emotions and be 'better' than the person acting inappropriately.

What 'defense' is needed against touching if you can walk away?
If some strange man groped you without your consent, I seriously doubt you would just walk away.

If some strange man groped you without your consent, I seriously doubt you would just walk away.

That's exactly what I'd do. And depending on what he did and if he followed it up with more, I'd be reporting him...to employer, wife, even 911.

If he tried to restrain me, that's a completely different story.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Back
Top Bottom