• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Defeat for President Bush

Pacridge

DP Veteran
Reaction score
[size=-1]In a defeat for President Bush (news - web sites), rebellious House Republicans on Saturday derailed legislation to overhaul the nation's intelligence agencies along lines recommended by the Sept. 11 commission.[/size]

The Deb's err I mean Dems are already blaming the GOP and visa versa. We can't get anything done. It's your fault. Nooo... it's your fault. Meanwhile the nation as a whole suffers at their lack of ability to work toward a commom good. You'd think when it's comes to something as serious as national security our elected officials would have it within themselves to take the high road. But no. Who's to blame? *whips out soap box* You're to blame. That's who. You and me. We're to blame. That's who. We keep electing these guys with no checks what so ever for the most part. We put up with their "blame game" politics as usual no matter what. Because, for the most part, we don't want our guy to loose. We're so affraid, be we Debs or Gop's, that our guy might loose a seat that we won't vote him out once he's in no matter what bat shit crazy thing he does. Here in Oregon, where I live, during this past election we had an incumbent (David Wu Oregon 1st Congressional District) that, it's turns out, sexually assulted a young lady in a college dorm some 20 years ago. He admitted it, said the incident "profoundly changed him." Bet it "profoundly" changed her too. He won in a landside. Don't go getting on yer' high and mighty horses either Gop'ers- I can give you a laundry list of shame in your sad ball court as well. Until we, the voters start going to the booths and screaming "we're mad as hell and we're not going to take this anymore." You can expect more of the same. This "Well, deep down I know he lied (or cheated, or stole, or sexually assulted someone) his ass off, but he's on my side so it's OK, it's not so bad, it's still better then letting THEM win." Has got to stop.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom