• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Deep flakes

I got the headline wrong, It should be deep fakes off course sorry...:shock:

The way I have always heard it is that because this had such an unknown outcome Nixon prepared two speeches for the two possible outcomes. The one we all heard and one in the event the worst happened. I heard that many years ago so I am wondering if this was not built around that or perhaps a rendering of the actual second speech?

Deep fakes will probably always contain some digital noise, which may be invisible to naked human perception, but is still visible to software. The world didn't crash because of Photoshop. I doubt it will crash because of deep fakes either.

Well, they showed a music video on the news where a Swede had made Kim Jong-un sing in Swedish. It looked very realistic.

Deep fakes will probably always contain some digital noise, which may be invisible to naked human perception, but is still visible to software. The world didn't crash because of Photoshop. I doubt it will crash because of deep fakes either.

Counterpoint: people have been fooled by photoshop numerous times. Deepfakes will do the same. It doesn't matter if the computer can theoretically detect the alterations, people are not computers and will believe what they see.

Counterpoint: people have been fooled by photoshop numerous times. Deepfakes will do the same. It doesn't matter if the computer can theoretically detect the alterations, people are not computers and will believe what they see.

Fox News can certainly attest to that.

Back
Top Bottom