• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Deductible Health Care Expenses

Saddlewood51

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Hey Congress, here's a suggestion for ya:
Since you don't appear interested in solving the health insurance problems facing our country you could at least make the money we pay for health care tax deductible. I don't mean after 7.5% I mean completely tax deductible. If folks can't afford insurance or can't get insurance because of pre-existing conditions then let them deduct everything they pay out of pocket for their medical expenses. So NOW what's your excuse?

So you want to increase the deficit even more?

Sent from my Honor 8X using Tapatalk

Sent from my Honor 8X using Tapatalk

At this point how does it matter?

We have clearly given up being responsible, we did that a long time ago, now we are hanging out till the big crash gets here, because not even trying to do it right gets charged.

Last edited:
Hey Congress, here's a suggestion for ya:
Since you don't appear interested in solving the health insurance problems facing our country you could at least make the money we pay for health care tax deductible. I don't mean after 7.5% I mean completely tax deductible. If folks can't afford insurance or can't get insurance because of pre-existing conditions then let them deduct everything they pay out of pocket for their medical expenses. So NOW what's your excuse?

I don't necessarily disagree, but in a roundabout way direct purchasers do get a break, via taxes, assuming they qualify for the ACA's subsidies. In many cases those subsidies are worth more than a tax deduction would be.

Most of the insured have employer-sponsored insurance, which is tax-deductible. Why defend a different standard to those who purchase it directly? Why should ESI be treated special?

Back
Top Bottom