• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Declining US Casualty Rate

RightatNYU said:
I've got an even better one. Eliminate the military altogether.

My idea is about as smart as yours.

edit: I'm not saying we should never leave, but that we shouldn't bail immediately.

You've read my mind!

Death to the Facist Military

Rah Rah Rah

Iriemon said:
Yeah, too bad we don't have someone like Himmler in charge of our "democratization" campaign, eh?

I can't believe you would write a post like this.

Let's hear your solution.

RightatNYU said:
Let's hear your solution.

He doesn't have a solution. I would guess that his solution would match the same solution we hear from idealogues everywhere who have no idea of what we are facing. Our enemy is determined and no amount of soothing or appeasing will make them "refuse" the will of their God or make them see their fellow human beings as equals.

GySgt said:
He doesn't have a solution. I would guess that his solution would match the same solution we hear from idealogues everywhere who have no idea of what we are facing. Our enemy is determined and no amount of soothing or appeasing will make them "refuse" the will of their God or make them see their fellow human beings as equals.

I bet when (if) he comes up with one, it will be along the lines of "leave them alone." Because that's obviously the way to fix everything.

RightatNYU said:
I bet when (if) he comes up with one, it will be along the lines of "leave them alone." Because that's obviously the way to fix everything.

Of course. To idealogues everywhere, listening to Bin Laden and doing as he say's is the ultimate fix, despite their lack of comprehension into the world of terrorism. How silly of us not to meet the demands of a madman.

Get out of Saudi = Done.
Stop supporting Israel = Done.

Of course, after this, we would have to deal with the religious aspect of the fundamental terrorists who demand infidel blood to appease their god. In the mean time, the same idealogues who "respect" the wishes of a zealot, will be the same ones whining that their way of life is in the toilet, because there is no feul for trucks, airplanes, boats, and cars. The same idealogues who "respect" the wishes of a zealot will be the same ones whining about the next time we are attacked, because we didn't meet the demands of the next terrorist and turn our backs on the next ally.

Last edited:
GySgt said:
Of course. To idealogues everywhere, listening to Bin Laden and doing as he say's is the ultimate fix, despite their lack of comprehension into the world of terrorism. How silly of us not to meet the demands of a madman.

This Wednesday, the Objectivist Society is having a discussion on Free Speech and the Danish Cartoons. There will be speakers from the Ayn Rand Institute, F.I.R.E, and the New York Press. They will also be showing the cartoons.

So far, there have already been anonymous threats of violence and plans are underway for a protest by the schools Muslim community. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

All because of some freaking cartoons. Perhaps its just me, but I don't like the idea of a society where I'm scared that if I do offend someone, I can be attacked.

RightatNYU said:
This Wednesday, the Objectivist Society is having a discussion on Free Speech and the Danish Cartoons. There will be speakers from the Ayn Rand Institute, F.I.R.E, and the New York Press. They will also be showing the cartoons.

So far, there have already been anonymous threats of violence and plans are underway for a protest by the schools Muslim community. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

All because of some freaking cartoons. Perhaps its just me, but I don't like the idea of a society where I'm scared that if I do offend someone, I can be attacked.

This is why I believe in the inevitable "Clash of Civilizations." Our freedoms in a diverse religious and cultural world conflicts with their oppressions in a single brutal dogmatic religious world.

GySgt said:
This is why I believe in the inevitable "Clash of Civilizations." Our freedoms in a diverse religious and cultural world conflicts with their oppressions in a single brutal dogmatic religious world.

Agreed. And I'd prefer to resolve this sooner rather than later, as the means for small groups of people to kill large quantities of people are only becoming more and more easy to acquire.

Navy Pride said:
It is so sad that there are people on the left in this country that are saddened by the fact that our casualties are going down in Iraq.........That should make every American happy but some of our friends on the left put their blind partianship a head of everything else.............

You're an ignorant old man who is foolish regardless of his years. I suggest you take your "anti-liberal" spin off your arguement so people will begin to respect your ideas.

Polish Rob said:
You're an ignorant old man who is foolish regardless of his years. I suggest you take your "anti-liberal" spin off your arguement so people will begin to respect your ideas.

Moderator's Warning:

This is unnecessary. If you feel so inclined to flame, please visit The Basement.

RightatNYU said:
Moderator's Warning:

This is unnecessary. If you feel so inclined to flame, please visit The Basement.

I find it perfectly neccessary. I'm not flaming whatsoever. This spin he puts on all this arguements completely deters from the point and only flames liberals or people who think anything with a shred of indifference from him.

Please don't play favorites, I see those elephants.

Polish Rob said:
I find it perfectly neccessary. I'm not flaming whatsoever. This spin he puts on all this arguements completely deters from the point and only flames liberals or people who think anything with a shred of indifference from him.

Please don't play favorites, I see those elephants.

[mod mode]

Fine. Than let me rephrase. If you feel the need to insult someone, take it to the basement. You see the donkeys?

[/mod mode]

Ohhhhhh...now that's back up. When "elephants" won't do, enter the "donkeys" to toss that argument right out of the window.

Groovy.

Kelzie said:
[mod mode]

Fine. Than let me rephrase. If you feel the need to insult someone, take it to the basement. You see the donkeys?

[/mod mode]

I'm not insulting him, i'm trying to get him to stop using the only ways he knows, and that seems to be name calling.

Am I truely wrong here? I'm trying not to stoop to his level, but this is out of hand and nothing seems to be done about it.

Polish Rob said:
I'm not insulting him, i'm trying to get him to stop using the only ways he knows, and that seems to be name calling.

Am I truely wrong here? I'm trying not to stoop to his level, but this is out of hand and nothing seems to be done about it.

Yes you are truely wrong. Calling someone an ignorant old man is not allowed outside the basement. I wouldn't lie to you. Well, at least not about this. :2wave:

If you feel Navy's posts are out of line, please report them and the mod team will consider them.

WTF?..........

We just cant agree that any day, week or month less troops are killed is GREAT news?

I thought this would be great news no matter what side you belong to...:confused:

It just destracts from the point of the topic, and it turns any thread from a lets-work-it-out type deal to, lets go slam liberals. I am moderate, but I dont like bashing of either side, and seeing the slant against liberals these days makes me want to take their side, which I really dont like.

Sorry if I'm a bit sensitive about it, but its just not good.

Polish Rob said:
It just destracts from the point of the topic, and it turns any thread from a lets-work-it-out type deal to, lets go slam liberals. I am moderate, but I dont like bashing of either side, and seeing the slant against liberals these days makes me want to take their side, which I really dont like.

I understand. Really I do. Please report it in the future instead of taking matters into your own hands.

Polish Rob said:

Slant? It seems all I go up against are Liberals bent on complaining about idealogue nonsense.

tryreading said:
A lower rate of American deaths in Iraq is an improvement, but no American deaths there would have been better news.

But wouldn't you agree that it is unrealistic to expect no casualties in a war?

These guys that are dying are doing so to give you the right to make stupid statements like you just made...

No, these guys are mostly poor people or jail birds who want to get some benefits out of the army. If they die, then they shouldn't bitch cuz its part of their job. Nobody forced them to join the army.

Besides, Saddam wasn't threatning my rights. :lol:
Nobody in congress or the senate has sent their kids. ;)

So be a dumbass and join the army, I'll cheer you on like a true patriot. :cool:

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GySgt said:
The thread title is "Declining US Casualty Rate."

The ultimate fix is to treat these people as they live. If Arab Sunnis wish to live in the past, then we should employ the tactics of old that guaranteed a longing peace - slaughter the problem.

However, our "politically correct" world will not allow such a solid military action. Today, we do not have the stomach for it. Tomorrow, when the terrorists discover the full potential of a suicide bomber and they start sending them in waves on American cities, we may. Radical Islam will grow as this civilization continues to fail.

Iriemon said:
Yeah, too bad we don't have someone like Himmler in charge of our "democratization" campaign, eh?

I can't believe you would write a post like this.

GySgt said:
See what I mean? Today's "PC" sickness can't stomach the tactics that Radical Islam will eventually leave us to consider. Get with reality, son. The world you want to exist, doesn't.

Do not look for answers in recent history, which is still unclear and subject to personal emotion. Look to Rome. It is the nearest model to the present-day United States. Mild with subject peoples, to whom they brought the rule of ethical law, the Romans in their rise and at their apogee were implacable with their enemies. The utter destruction of Carthage brought centuries of local peace, while the later empire's attempts to appease barbarians consistently failed.

RightatNYU said:

We invade a country that neither attacked us, threatened us, or was ever involved in any terrorist attack against us, based on false pretenses and mistakes. It what comes as a complete shock to our brilliant military leaders, some of the Iraqis actually don't like a foreign power bombing, invading, occupying, and dictating their government to them. And some of the bastards even have the nerve to resist a foreign power occupying their land.

And because they have the nerve to resist a foreign invader, and won't just give up, your solution is to "slaughter the problem". 8 million Sunnis ought to do the trick, eh? Except some Shiites resist us too, so let's slaughter them also. And Iran while we are at it, right. Because they are a failed civilization, we can tell because they are fighting us in Iraq. Slaughter the problem.

Hitler, Stalin and Mao salute your strategy and tactics, sir.

tryreading said:
The person who began this thread posted that data. It was on the first post. You obviously 'dug' also. I was making the point that this short term situation may not last, and though it is good news, many more of our people will die in Iraq.

http://icasualties.org/oif/RadContr...art1&imageFormat=Png&random=0.342373989681887

So let's make sure we DO NOT look on the bright side. Let's try to denigrate even good news. Yep that's really support the effort and the troops.

DD7 said:
No, these guys are mostly poor people or jail birds who want to get some benefits out of the army. If they die, then they shouldn't bitch cuz its part of their job. Nobody forced them to join the army.

Besides, Saddam wasn't threatning my rights. :lol:
Nobody in congress or the senate has sent their kids. ;)

So be a dumbass and join the army, I'll cheer you on like a true patriot. :cool:

This is complete retardation. Did some soldier somewhere prove his manhood and steal your girlfriend or something? Did the Army turn you away? Is this "Billo" in disguise?

Back
Top Bottom