• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Decision time for the UK Labour party

Infinite Chaos

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Mandelson fears Labour U-turn 'electoral cul-de-sac'
Ed Miliband Ed Miliband has said he would move beyond New Labour's "comfort zone"

Labour would be left in an "electoral cul-de-sac" if its next leader tried to create a pre-New Labour party, Lord Mandelson has warned.

Speaking to the Times in the week that voting begins for a new leader, he appeared to be criticising Ed Miliband.

Mr Miliband has said he can take the party beyond what he has called the "New Labour comfort zone". BBC Link

What next for Labour?

If you are a traditional Labour voter - where do you stand on the next leader and the direction of the Labour Party?

Personally I consider myself a floating voter, I voted Tory in the last election as I wanted the deficit dealt with as a matter of urgency and I didn't hear or read that Labour were going to prioritise it. In the 80's I liked Michael Foot for his principles and beliefs but I didn't vote for him as Labour Leader - I didn't agree his position on the direction of the country at the time.

Of the potential leaders standing - I'd go with David Milliband rather than Ed and I don't think Dianne Abbot is a serious contender beyond London.

Old Labour - strikes, wage claims, sky-high tax, class snobbery and punishment, unilateralism and being pally with the communist world, political thugs running loose on the streets of Liverpool, unrestrained trade unionism and the lowest common denominator of equality of outcome.

New Labour - political correctness, high treason via the EU, displacement of the eligable workforce by mass importation of 'coolie' labour, ex-communists in the Cabinet, worse sleaze than even the Tories under Major, packing the House of lords with cronies in an attempt to warp the political system, an orgy of foreign war and more destruction via equality of outcome.

Those are just some examples.

Yes Mr. Milliband, which form of poison shall Labour take on next?!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom