• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Decision Not to Rebuild Church Destroyed on 9/11 Surprises Greek Orthodox Leaders

I don't believe it for a second.
Your constant haranguing over this shows that you're most likely a religious bigot.
It's boring and tired.

So you have no evidence of your personal attack. This is me shocked.

It's getting built, your bigotry can't stop it.
No bets but I may decide to donate $20 to the mosque, to help it get done faster.

No bet. Another shocker you don't have enough faith in your position to make it really count.

Ah yes, the warm, peace-loving Muslims, who've been so supportive through it all.

No, I won't be confined to the politically correct entrapments have "having" to pretend Islam is a religion of peace. They've been up to this nonsense since this voodoo was invented, and they've been marking their triumphs with mosques through it all.

Is that intellectually vapid enough for you? I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you with your head in the sand.

Thanks you made my point for me.
I didn't have to do anything else.

So you have no evidence of your personal attack. This is me shocked.

No bet. Another shocker you don't have enough faith in your position to make it really count.

Your use of speculative character assassination shows that your argument is all hot air.
Why would you go so far out of your way, to smear another person, you've never met?

Your use of speculative character assassination shows that your argument is all hot air.
Why would you go so far out of your way, to smear another person, you've never met?

You are the one throwing the bigot personal attack around, not me. Go back and read your own posts.

BTW, if you had a clue what you were talking about, you would have seen this post from me:

I saw one of their representatives on O'Reilly. Some of the most rational thought out there.

YouTube - O'Reilly Factor: Raheel Raza Speaks Out Against 9/11 Mosque

If I am this relgious bigot against Muslims, why am I praising a Muslim here?

There goes your worthless personal attack.

Thanks you made my point for me.
I didn't have to do anything else.

And of course you see it that way.

And with so many like you, completely spineless and tied in intellectually meaningless political knots on every issue, the beginning of the end of this great nation has begun.

We didn't get to this point laying down and taking it like this. And we won't stay here long that way either.

You are the one throwing the bigot personal attack around, not me. Go back and read your own posts.

BTW, if you had a clue what you were talking about, you would have seen this post from me:

If I am this relgious bigot against Muslims, why am I praising a Muslim here?

There goes your worthless personal attack.

"And you are really niave enough to believe he isn't raising money on the same trip?" -texmaster

Why would you even make that comment?

And with so many like you, completely spineless and tied in intellectually meaningless political knots on every issue, the beginning of the end of this great nation has begun.

We didn't get to this point laying down and taking it like this. And we won't stay here long that way either.

Hyperbole.

The founders believed in religious freedom, that kinda contradicts your whole point about "laying down and taking it."

Dan to the RESCUE! Liberals rejoice!

Talks broke down, there is no media coverage (till now of the issue).

You forgot to mention the part where you completely misunderstood and didn't understand what was being said in the article you posted.

It's not a conservative vs. liberal thing. It's a "read the damn thing before posting it" thing.

Hyperbole.

The founders believed in religious freedom, that kinda contradicts your whole point about "laying down and taking it."

This has nothing to do with religious freedom, and you know it. A sympathizer of the terrorists that struck that day is building a shrine to stick it in America's eye, and we're "laying down and taking it."

Any decent person with any true sense of spirituality would not be this insensitive. A spiritual Muslim truly just wanting to build a place of worship would build it somewhere else.

Let's stop pretending this is anything else.

"And you are really niave enough to believe he isn't raising money on the same trip?" -texmaster

Could be this.....

Crowley said no fund-raising for the mosque and cultural center during the trip would be permitted. "That would not be something he could do as part of our program," he said.

Abdul Rauf said funds for the center will come from Muslims and members of his congregation.

But a London-based Arabic-language newspaper that interviewed Abdul Rauf reported that he says he also will collect money from Muslim and Arab nations around the world -- raising the possibility his goodwill mission could help him build contacts in oil-rich states.

"Does the State Department have any idea they are sending a guy to the Middle East who is going to be fund-raising perhaps among the very same people he will be meeting with?" asked Debra Burlingame, a 9/11 family member.

Read more: Imam behind support for Ground Zero mosque, Feisal Abdul Rauf may do fundraising on Federally funded trip - NYPOST.com

what a ridiculously misleading story. and your added comments? also completely ridiculous. of course the church can rebuild, just not with gov't money.

And no taller than the WTC memorial which is 2 stories...... yet the Mosque is good to go at 13 stories. Hmmmmmmmm.

Hyperbole.

I agree......
Thomas Jefferson said:
...an amendment was proposed by inserting the words, 'Jesus Christ...the holy author of our religion,' which was rejected 'By a great majority in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and the Mohammedan, the Hindoo and the Infidel of every denomination.

This has nothing to do with religious freedom, and you know it. A sympathizer of the terrorists that struck that day is building a shrine to stick it in America's eye, and we're "laying down and taking it."

Any decent person with any true sense of spirituality would not be this insensitive. A spiritual Muslim truly just wanting to build a place of worship would build it somewhere else.

Let's stop pretending this is anything else.

Hyperbole.
"America is dying, America is dying."

You don't have a right to not be offended in America.
You're starting to sound like the liberals you dislike so much.

And no taller than the WTC memorial which is 2 stories...... yet the Mosque is good to go at 13 stories. Hmmmmmmmm.

Easy solution to that. Just build the WTC Memorial at 14 stories..... Duh.

Hmm... wonder who's prohibiting him from raising money then. The tooth fairy?

While Dan may want the issue to be nice and simple saying it's the Greek Orthodox issue with money, it's really not that simple. Nothing ever is... especially where downtown realestate is concerned, religion is concerned, or rebuilding and zoning laws are concerned. Yet, those of us who know better are supposed to just throw out what we know and believe it's all just about the money.

You do realize that is a specific person right?

And since this guy has refused to say where the money is coming from and we know from reports the money has no been delivered, how hard is it to see that he will most likely be fund raising on this trip?

Hyperbole.
"America is dying, America is dying."

You don't have a right to not be offended in America.
You're starting to sound like the liberals you dislike so much.

Nope, just seeing it for what it is.

We wrap so many things into intellectual clusterbabble these days, we can make crap sound like caviar.

You do realize that is a specific person right?

And since this guy has refused to say where the money is coming from and we know from reports the money has no been delivered, how hard is it to see that he will most likely be fund raising on this trip?

Why should he disclose where the funding is coming from?
Does the church "stop the presses" to tell everyone where their money comes from?

You're just speculating.

A chickenhawk for Iran calling someone else spineless thats ****ing rich.

Funny how statists support "Some animals are more equal than other animals" when its for people they dont like. Your just like the left.

Back
Top Bottom