• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Debunking the 7 Myths Regarding the Bible

You're in the right political party for what you believe. Not that any of it makes sense but I'm glad you're happy as a liberal.

By the way, Jesus was not a zombie. You might want to do your homework on the differences between Jesus and Zombies. Read up: https://www.puritanboard.com/ams/refuting-the-atheist-claim-that-jesus-was-a-resurrected-zombie.33/

The author of the following is disputed. It may well not be Churchill, but I think it's accurate.

View attachment 67414068
we arent going back to the 50s no matter how badly you might want it. The 50s is dead mate. Move on.

Why don't you liberals ever do your homework before you come prancing in these forums trying to make people believe you even have the first clue about these issues?

Because the only evidence comes from the Bible and there are zero reasons to believe it’s claims of the supernatural are accurate.

Wow. Is there even one liberal here who believes the Gospel accounts of Jesus Christ? Seems like they're all unbelievers, and most are rabid skeptics. Pray for them.

Today’s liberals here think they are smarter than believers and main stream Americans. The vast majority of these liberal Einstein's have zero in the way of a formal education in New Testament history / Biblical Theology. Yet here they come, seemingly equipped with a superior vault of wisdom and knowledge thinking they have the goods and answers to delegitimize Jesus Christ. They don't. They haven't done their homework. They insist that nobody else is smart enough to make such judgments; only nonbelieving liberals. And even though liberalism has failed time and time again, this new generation of liberals nevertheless believe they're smarter than those who came previously. They are seriously mistaken. They're history challenged, Biblically challenged, and spiritually challenged. And, according to scripture, in their present state they are antichrists (1 John 2:22). What's more, the Bible says that unless they repent and receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior for the remission of their sins, they will be cast into the Lake of Fire when they die (Revelation 21:8, etc.). They're in a dreadful state of spiritual disarray. Yet they still infect these threads with their vitriolic, Baghdad Bob cyber flatulism. Very chic, lol.

Dr Bart Ehrman is one of the foremost experts in the world on the New Testament.
He’s also an atheist.

You claim that education on the Bible makes one a believer is false.

That's watered down so the skeptics can be informed.

The truth is they were with Jesus for some forty days after his resurrection (Acts chapter 1). So yeah, they perceived correctly.

If you're going to continue as a skeptic I hope you have something better than that.

The Bible CLAIMS they were with Jesus after his death.

Why should anyone believe those claims?

Still waiting on you to do your homework. That would be a novelty for progressives (regressives).
You want to play that game? Ok. I asked you first.

And really, is there anyone more regressive than someone who takes the Bible literally?

I believe that you will find that rewriting GOD HOLY WORD fraudulently comes with very harsh penalties from GOD. And the simple fact is that the South lost the Civil War and many of their cities were in ruins. However, Harriet Beecher Stowe wrote UNCLE TOM's CABIN, and she was a Christian. Stowe's Uncle Tom's Cabin widened the chasm between the North and the South, greatly strengthened Northern abolitionism, and weakened British sympathy for the Southern cause. The most influential novel ever written by an American, it was one of the contributing causes of the Civil War.

And it is funny that non-Christians are once again today trying to remove the Exodus from the Bible and say the event never happened.
Where are non christians trying to remove exodus? And no, It is not that an exodus did not happen. Just that the bibles story of the event is pure fiction.

No one is arguing christians cannot do good things. Just that a person does not have to be christian in order to be able to do good things.

You want to play that game? Ok. I asked you first.

And really, is there anyone more regressive than someone who takes the Bible literally?

LOL. Tell you what, mrjurrs. You guys love to play the ones in the know. How about you show me your BEST ONE EXAMPLE ( 1 - JUST ONE) of a fictitious person, place, or event in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John). PERSON, PLACE OR EVENT. Cite the pertinent scripture(s) and make your case with some kind of evidence or substantiation why it's fictitious. Please follow the instructions above. Let's see that bad boy.

The Bible CLAIMS they were with Jesus after his death.

Why should anyone believe those claims?
Show me where they all lied about Jesus being resurrected?

Until you solve that one I have no other time for you

LOL. Tell you what, mrjurrs. You guys love to play the ones in the know. How about you show me your BEST ONE EXAMPLE ( 1 - JUST ONE) of a fictitious person, place, or event in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John). PERSON, PLACE OR EVENT. Cite the pertinent scripture(s) and make your case with some kind of evidence or substantiation why it's fictitious. Please follow the instructions above. Let's see that bad boy.
There are miles of distance between the historical existence of a person, and historical evidence of an event. I don't doubt the existence of the people that made up the stuff Christians have faith in.

What is your point? Because you have not been able to provide any of the 'truth' you ask me to provide...

Here you go though...The resurrection is a fantasy. My proof? It has never been verified or replicated. Kind of like the existence of unicorns.

Until you solve that one I have no other time for you

Demonstrate they were telling the truth. YOU and the Bible are making the claims, YOU have the burden of proof.

You don’t just get to assume the Bible is true unless you also assume every other holy book out there is true.

Simple: resurrection is not possible. Anyone who claims a resurrection is mistaken or lying.

That was easy.

There are miles of distance between the historical existence of a person, and historical evidence of an event. I don't doubt the existence of the people that made up the stuff Christians have faith in.

What is your point? Because you have not been able to provide any of the 'truth' you ask me to provide...

Here you go though...The resurrection is a fantasy. My proof? It has never been verified or replicated. Kind of like the existence of unicorns.

You diss the Bible but you're totally lost on demonstrating even one fictitious person, place, or event in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John). Anyone would think that according to you skeptics, that exposing the "so called" lies of the Gospels would be a piece of cake. If they're that bad you should be spending the day pointing out dozens and dozens of them. But you can't. An unbiased observer would think your unfounded skepticism is a dagger in the heart of your position. I agree.

You diss the Bible but you're totally lost on demonstrating even one fictitious person, place, or event in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John). Anyone would think that according to you skeptics, that exposing the "so called" lies of the Gospels would be a piece of cake. If they're that bad you should be spending the day pointing out dozens and dozens of them. But you can't. An unbiased observer would think your unfounded skepticism is a dagger in the heart of your position. I agree.
Ok, here's fake. The resurrection. I could find zero sources outside of articles of faith. So, it never happened. Prove it did.

Ok, here's fake. The resurrection. I could find zero sources outside of articles of faith. So, it never happened. Prove it did.

You're not done. You haven't shown the resurrection of Jesus is false at all. Your whole evidence is " I could find zero sources outside of articles of faith." Weak. You didn't even spend an hour of research on that. And you're the one who has to substantiate your claim.

Debunking myths....about other myths.

This is a good thread, heh heh heh.

One other thing: Even if there were no other resurrections in history, and even if it was shown that an alleged resurrection or resurrections were false, you still haven't demonstrated that the resurrection of Jesus is false. So you're still on the hook for showing your evidence(s) on that.

One other thing: Even if there were no other resurrections in history, and even if it was shown that an alleged resurrection or resurrections were false, you still haven't demonstrated that the resurrection of Jesus is false. So you're still on the hook for showing your evidence(s) on that.
You can't prove a negative.

" Evidence of absence in general, such as evidence that there is no milk in a certain bowl. Modus tollens, a logical proof."

The census at Jesus was fictitious. I’ve brought that up to you multiple times. It contradicts everything we know about Roman censuses, there’s no record it ever happened, and the events of it from the Gospels put it at contradictory times.

The fact that you keep ignoring this shows that you aren’t interested in honest debate. You just want to Lie for Jesus.

You have to be lying about your supposed science education.

Anyone educated in science would know proving a negative is not a thing.

You guys love to play the ones in the know. How about you show me your BEST ONE EXAMPLE ( 1 - JUST ONE) of a fictitious person, place, or event
Since the entire Bible is supposed to be the “inerrant word of god” I think it’s funny you insist on specifying one part, while ignoring the other parts.

Lets start right at the beginning shall we? Because if the beginning is laughably fictitious, then surely there’s no reason to think the rest of it isn’t fictitious as well.

So I present to you Genesis. (Pick your part.)
God creating everything in 6 days.
Adam & Eve.
Noah and the Ark.

All nothing but a fictional tale, with fictional characters, with absolutely zero evidence any of it ever happened as described.
Most especially if it all happened roughly 6000 years ago.

Where are non christians trying to remove exodus? And no, It is not that an exodus did not happen. Just that the bibles story of the event is pure fiction.
Silly boy, the only record of the Exodus seems to appear in the Bible. Fiction isn't something that happens.
No one is arguing christians cannot do good things. Just that a person does not have to be christian in order to be able to do good things.
So, how many orphanages were started by atheists? You will find historically, it were Christians who got the homeless off the streets, and not the pagans, and not the Moslems, and not the Hindi. They learned that lesson from Christian Missionaries. The very same can be said of slavery. Being sold into bondage was once the "practical" way of getting one's money out of the poor. And it wasn't started by Christians.

No evidence for your claim.
Except for all of the evidence. All of it.

Me: all the evidence

You: zero evidence

Maybe your whiny, authoritative declarations work in church and with children, but they will get you laughed out of a room of educated adults.

You have to be lying about your supposed science education.

Anyone educated in science would know proving a negative is not a thing.
I can easily "prove" to any rational person that the resurrection did not happen, using all of the evidence ever collected on the topic.

Back
Top Bottom