• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Debunking the 7 Myths Regarding the Bible

Wow. Is there even one liberal here who believes the Gospel accounts of Jesus Christ? Seems like they're all unbelievers, and most are rabid skeptics. Pray for them.

Today’s liberals here think they are smarter than believers and main stream Americans. The vast majority of these liberal Einstein's have zero in the way of a formal education in New Testament history / Biblical Theology. Yet here they come, seemingly equipped with a superior vault of wisdom and knowledge thinking they have the goods and answers to delegitimize Jesus Christ. They don't. They haven't done their homework. They insist that nobody else is smart enough to make such judgments; only nonbelieving liberals. And even though liberalism has failed time and time again, this new generation of liberals nevertheless believe they're smarter than those who came previously. They are seriously mistaken. They're history challenged, Biblically challenged, and spiritually challenged. And, according to scripture, in their present state they are antichrists (1 John 2:22). What's more, the Bible says that unless they repent and receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior for the remission of their sins, they will be cast into the Lake of Fire when they die (Revelation 21:8, etc.). They're in a dreadful state of spiritual disarray. Yet they still infect these threads with their vitriolic, Baghdad Bob cyber flatulism. Very chic, lol.

Wow. Is there even one liberal here who believes the Gospel accounts of Jesus Christ? Seems like they're all unbelievers, and most are rabid skeptics. Pray for them.

Today’s liberals here think they are smarter than believers and main stream Americans. The vast majority of these liberal Einstein's have zero in the way of a formal education in New Testament history / Biblical Theology. Yet here they come, seemingly equipped with a superior vault of wisdom and knowledge thinking they have the goods and answers to delegitimize Jesus Christ. They don't. They haven't done their homework. They insist that nobody else is smart enough to make such judgments; only nonbelieving liberals. And even though liberalism has failed time and time again, this new generation of liberals nevertheless believe they're smarter than those who came previously. They are seriously mistaken. They're history challenged, Biblically challenged, and spiritually challenged. And, according to scripture, in their present state they are antichrists (1 John 2:22). What's more, the Bible says that unless they repent and receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior for the remission of their sins, they will be cast into the Lake of Fire when they die (Revelation 21:8, etc.). They're in a dreadful state of spiritual disarray. Yet they still infect these threads with their vitriolic, Baghdad Bob cyber flatulism. Very chic, lol.
First you comment on how many we are, then you comment we're not the mainstream. Which is it?

Also, it is quite difficult for us to talk about jesus stuff when all you do is this:
liberal rabid skeptics liberals liberal formal education liberals liberalism liberals according to scripture Lake of Fire lol

Cowardly deflection as usual.

This isn't the section of DP for politics.

Religion does NOT equal Politics
Politics does not equal Religion

I don't believe that as is written / presented. Please provide the link to that Google claim.
Go to Google. Type in : "Yeshua ben Yosef". It's the first thing that pops up. Come back If you need me to hold your hand.

OK, yet ANOTHER liberal who appears not to have already done their homework on the resurrection. No problem, here's a SAMPLING to get you going:

Evidence for Jesus’ Resurrection – Part 1: Why it Matters

https://crossexamined.org/evidence-jesus-resurrection-part-1-matters/

Evidence for Jesus’ Resurrection – Part 2: How to do History

https://crossexamined.org/the-evidence-for-jesus-resurrection-part-2-how-to-do-history/

Evidence for Jesus’ Resurrection – Part 3: Fact (1) Jesus died by Crucifixion

https://crossexamined.org/the-evide...tion-part-3-fact-1-jesus-died-by-crucifixion/

Evidence for Jesus’ Resurrection – Part 4: Fact (2) The Empty Tomb

https://crossexamined.org/the-evidence-for-jesus-resurrection-part-4-fact-2-the-empty-tomb/

Evidence for Jesus’ Resurrection – Part 5: Fact (3) The Postmortem Appearances to the Disciples

https://crossexamined.org/the-evide...-the-postmortem-appearances-to-the-disciples/

Evidence for Jesus’ Resurrection – Part 6: Facts (4) and (5) The Postmortem Appearances to Paul and James

https://crossexamined.org/the-evide...the-postmortem-appearances-to-paul-and-james/

Evidence for Jesus’ Resurrection – Part 7: Reasoning to the Resurrection

https://crossexamined.org/the-evidence-for-jesus-resurrection-part-7-reasoning-to-the-resurrection/

Evidence for Jesus Resurrection – Part 8: Some Unanswered Questions

https://crossexamined.org/the-evidence-for-jesus-resurrection-part-8-some-unanswered-questions/

Evidence for Jesus’ Resurrection – Part 9: Probabilities and Plagiarism

https://crossexamined.org/the-evidence-for-jesus-resurrection-part-9-probabilities-and-plagarism/

Evidence for Jesus’ Resurrection – Part 10: Conclusion

https://crossexamined.org/the-evidence-for-jesus-resurrection-part-10-conclusion/
I clicked one...it's amusing what you consider to be historical evidence. Not accurate, but amusing. Here's a quote...my bold added.

"In this blog post, we will look at that third minimal fact. There is evidence that Jesus’ 12 disciples had experiences that they perceived as postmortem appearances of the risen Jesus."

I clicked one...it's amusing what you consider to be historical evidence. Not accurate, but amusing. Here's a quote...my bold added.

"In this blog post, we will look at that third minimal fact. There is evidence that Jesus’ 12 disciples had experiences that they perceived as postmortem appearances of the risen Jesus."

That's watered down so the skeptics can be informed.

The truth is they were with Jesus for some forty days after his resurrection (Acts chapter 1). So yeah, they perceived correctly.

If you're going to continue as a skeptic I hope you have something better than that.

Main myth of the Bible: That Jews 2000 years ago are the only authority on reality.

The truth is they were with Jesus for some forty days after his resurrection (Acts chapter 1). So yeah, they perceived correctly.

If you're going to continue as a skeptic I hope you have something better than that.
Maybe they were with his secret twin. It's more likely than zombie jesus. Requires much less suspension of reality based thinking.

If you claim historical evidence I hope you can find something that offers it. You haven't.

If you are so unshakeable in and proud of your faith, which is belief without evidence, then why this dog and pony show about discussing the evidence? That would seem to indicate that your faith is rather shaky.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have.

Here's a myriad of articles with evidence of the resurrection and Jesus Christ by a FORMER ATHEIST WHO DID HIS HOMEWORK. J. Warner Wallace, Cold Case Homicide Detective

View attachment 67413960
Another opinion, still waiting for historical evidence. If it works for you that's great. But isn't there something about lying to others in there somewhere?

The truth is they were with Jesus for some forty days after his resurrection
No, that is not the "truth".
It's simply a belief.

"truth" and "belief" are not identical in any way.

Truth doesn't require faith.
Belief requires faith.

It is true that the Earth orbits our sun once every 365.25 days. That does not require faith.
The story of Noah and the Ark requires faith. It's not truth.

Please learn the difference.

Pagans like you all had slaves or were slaves back in the day. GOD simply made proper provision so that HIS chosen people didn't behave the way you pagans did so to treat slaves fairly and not cruelty. Remember, it was never atheists nor agnostics nor pagans who finally ended the slave trade. It was a CHRISTIAN movement that ended slavery because of the teachings of the Bible and not evolution by any means.
Which is why american slave owners only gave their slaves an edited version of the bible missing out exodus all together. It is called the black bible. Christians will apparently rewrite gods words if it suites a slave owner.

Which is why american slave owners only gave their slaves an edited version of the bible missing out exodus all together. It is called the black bible. Christians will apparently rewrite gods words if it suites a slave owner.
I believe that you will find that rewriting GOD HOLY WORD fraudulently comes with very harsh penalties from GOD. And the simple fact is that the South lost the Civil War and many of their cities were in ruins. However, Harriet Beecher Stowe wrote UNCLE TOM's CABIN, and she was a Christian. Stowe's Uncle Tom's Cabin widened the chasm between the North and the South, greatly strengthened Northern abolitionism, and weakened British sympathy for the Southern cause. The most influential novel ever written by an American, it was one of the contributing causes of the Civil War.

And it is funny that non-Christians are once again today trying to remove the Exodus from the Bible and say the event never happened.

Another opinion, still waiting for historical evidence. If it works for you that's great. But isn't there something about lying to others in there somewhere?
Still waiting on you to do your homework. That would be a novelty for progressives (regressives).

Still waiting on you to do your homework. That would be a novelty for progressives (regressives).
You're waiting for somebody to do your book report for you

No, that is not the "truth".
It's simply a belief.

"truth" and "belief" are not identical in any way.

Truth doesn't require faith.
Belief requires faith.

It is true that the Earth orbits our sun once every 365.25 days. That does not require faith.
The story of Noah and the Ark requires faith. It's not truth.

Please learn the difference.
It's such a shame you cannot apply the to Uniformitarianism and Evolutionism. It is faith on you part that what you believe is true. Judge not lest ye be judged...

It's such a shame you cannot apply the to Uniformitarianism and Evolutionism. It is faith on you part that what you believe is true. Judge not lest ye be judged...
Give it a rest. His comment had nothing to do with evolution.

You appear to be way most lost than you think I am.

Give it a rest. His comment had nothing to do with evolution.

You appear to be way most lost than you think I am.
Total rubbish even according to your very own train of thought. You were not there. You cannot duplicate any of the events. What you believe are naturalistic opinions regarding a GODLESS creation. If GOD exists, HE spoils all your hypothesis.

You cannot duplicate any of the events
This is not compelling to any rational, educated adult. We also cannot duplicate volcano formation or star formation. But we still know they happened.

Pagans like you all had slaves or were slaves back in the day. GOD simply made proper provision so that HIS chosen people didn't behave the way you pagans did so to treat slaves fairly and not cruelty. Remember, it was never atheists nor agnostics nor pagans who finally ended the slave trade. It was a CHRISTIAN movement that ended slavery because of the teachings of the Bible and not evolution by any means.

Haven't read much of the Old Testament - have you?
Exodus 21
20 “When a slave owner strikes a male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies immediately, the owner shall be punished. 21 But if the slave survives a day or two, there is no punishment, for the slave is the owner’s property.

Genesis 9
24 When Noah awoke from his wine and knew what his youngest son had done to him, 25 he said,

“Cursed be Canaan;
lowest of slaves shall he be to his brothers.”
26 He also said,

“Blessed by the Lord my God be Shem,
and let Canaan be his slave.

Yes, American abolitionists were Christians, but so were the slave-holders in the southern states. Frederick Douglass wrote:
“Between the Christianity of this land and the Christianity of Christ, I recognize the widest possible difference—so wide that to receive the one as good, pure, and holy, is of necessity to reject the other as bad, corrupt, and wicked. To be the friend of the one is of necessity to be the enemy of the other. I lovetianity of this land. Indeed, I can see no reason but the most deceitful one for calling the religion of this land Christianity”

And so in our modern America, we have millions who call themselves Christian, yet the multitude has such differing views, that non-Christians do wonder which group is truly Christian.

Last edited:
J. Warner Wallace is a 'Christian' because he makes more money than he did as a detective.
Bet you wish you could prove that, don't you? Maybe you should be on "The View" with that kind of hysterics.

Last edited:
Maybe they were with his secret twin. It's more likely than zombie jesus. Requires much less suspension of reality based thinking.
You're in the right political party for what you believe. Not that any of it makes sense but I'm glad you're happy as a liberal.

By the way, Jesus was not a zombie. You might want to do your homework on the differences between Jesus and Zombies. Read up: https://www.puritanboard.com/ams/refuting-the-atheist-claim-that-jesus-was-a-resurrected-zombie.33/

The author of the following is disputed. It may well not be Churchill, but I think it's accurate.

Winston Churchill liberalism 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom