• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Debunking the 7 Myths Regarding the Bible

So far you've stuck out on pretty much everything you've claimed. You have no credibility with your dilettante rants.

Just because you (Logicman) believe something happened, does not mean it actually occurred. Your beliefs are not proofs.

You have stated that you have a Master's degree in Theology. Were you required to learn Latin, Greek and Hebrew for that degree?

I sure can. I can easily prove to any rational person that resurrection is not possible and does not and did not happen. Granted, that leaves you out.
Creating something out of nothing isn't possible either.

So far you've stuck out on pretty much everything you've claimed. You have no credibility with your dilettante rants.
Oh the irony here. It's hilarious you declaring someone has no credibility when you've demonstrated you have less than none yourself.

But that is what some believers claim that god did.
I think he did. Others think that he didn't. Some think the universe has been here eternally. Some think we live in a sim.

Point is, God raised/was raised from the dead, not on whether or not it's possible that God could do it - if God exists, it's a foregone conclusion that he can raise/be raised from the dead.

I think he did. Others think that he didn't. Some think the universe has been here eternally. Some think we live in a sim.

Point is, God raised/was raised from the dead, not on whether or not it's possible that God could do it - if God exists, it's a foregone conclusion that he can raise/be raised from the dead.

If it was god that means he never really was dead.

Just because you (Logicman) believe something happened, does not mean it actually occurred. Your beliefs are not proofs.
I have the historical record of the Gospels and Jesus Christ. You have a poor Dr. No routine.

You have stated that you have a Master's degree in Theology. Were you required to learn Latin, Greek and Hebrew for that degree?

We had many classes that from time to time delved into word meanings for different languages. I also bought some text books and Strong's Concordance for those languages.

Why don't you get a formal education in the Bible?

This particular god is eternal and always existed. Taking on human form doesn't change that.
Who was Jesus praying to when he approached his death?

Oh the irony here. It's hilarious you declaring someone has no credibility when you've demonstrated you have less than none yourself.
I notice you don't engage in any deep conversations on Gospel accounts, and if you do you're way, way out in left field (on the other side of the mountain)

I have the historical record of the Gospels and Jesus Christ. You have a poor Dr. No routine.

We had many classes that from time to time delved into word meanings for different languages. I also bought some text books and Strong's Concordance for those languages.

Why don't you get a formal education in the Bible?

Why would anyone waste their time and money on that?

I notice you don't engage in any deep conversations on Gospel accounts, and if you do you're way, way out in left field (on the other side of the mountain)
How can one take gospel accounts seriously when you offer no evidence or proof? There's nothing deep to engage in. Just religious stories and mythology. Maybe when you provide actual objective evidence rather thsn your juvenile taunts and insults, a discussion worthy of consideration can be had. Until then, your claims and arguments are FOS and you're just embarrassing yourself!

Is Jesus part of the Trinity? Is the Trinity eternal and timeless?
I'm not dogmatic on the trinity, as in my opinion, it wasn't a core concept until Tertullian.

Whether the trinity existed while Jesus was in a tomb sits with other tangents that I would have no idea about.

Yes, put on your little act. I remember when I presented that evidence to you after you begged for it. You had a tantrum and ignored it.

I'm not dogmatic on the trinity, as in my opinion, it wasn't a core concept until Tertullian.

Whether the trinity existed while Jesus was in a tomb sits with other tangents that I would have no idea about.

You can't sit on the fence. Jesus was either god or not. If he was, his resurrection is no big deal. If he wasn't, why would a god make a human being to be tortured, killed and resurrected just to make a point when this god could simply let us know what it is all about? And what is the big deal about a god resurrecting a human being? Not really a challenge for this god.

You can't sit on the fence. Jesus was either god or not. If he was, his resurrection is no big deal. If he wasn't, why would a god make a human being to be tortured, killed and resurrected just to make a point when this god could simply let us know what it is all about? And what is the big deal about a god resurrecting a human being? Not really a challenge for this god.
Certainly Jesus claimed to be part of the Godhead in a variety of ways. The 'trinity' is less obvious to me.

And "no big deal" is highly subjective. I've personally never suffered like that, nor have I had to watch a child suffer like that.

You don't get to make the rules. Jesus is Resurrected.
Circular logic. Repeating bible claims does not make the bible objectively true.

Certainly Jesus claimed to be part of the Godhead in a variety of ways. The 'trinity' is less obvious to me.

And "no big deal" is highly subjective. I've personally never suffered like that, nor have I had to watch a child suffer like that.

The no big deal refers to god being able to resurrect a dead person, regardless of how they die. How they die doesn't matter.

The no big deal refers to god being able to resurrect a dead person, regardless of how they die. How they die doesn't matter.
Not sure what that even means. Does it need to be difficult?

Not sure what that even means. Does it need to be difficult?

It means that there is nothing amazing about it because this god can allegedly do anything, so it's no big deal if god does it. If it was done to make people believe, why did some believe in god prior to this action?

It means that there is nothing amazing about it because this god can allegedly do anything, so it's no big deal if god does it. If it was done to make people believe, why did some believe in god prior to this action?
I've never heard anyone make the argument that God had to try really, really, really hard to pull this one off.

It was not done to make people believe.

Back
Top Bottom