• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Debating with Style

Yea, such debated, discussions are so much more satisfying and enlightening than just calling out the stupid crap some asshole posts, even when such simplistic approach is right on the mark.

Debate is defined as a discussion (at least what I've seen).

Generally, a competitive debate does not really care about truth. It only cares to make it's point. It does not lie, but it also does not highlite or acknowledge the weakness in a particular argument.

The discussions in the forum are great. Good information sharing....respectful dialogue.

I will also say that most times......the people on either side of a discussion are pretty convinced that their point of view.....arrived at in a very complex way.....is correct.

They value different aspects of life and society and they work against different governing principles (not government principles).

I enjoy talking to a left-winger (not used as a pejorative), when we share information and POV's. It helps me.

When you can trust the other side to not be so adamant, then you can actually trust yourself to possibly change your mind (be it ever so slightly).

But without that trust...forget it.

Back
Top Bottom