• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Debate Tactics

Dishonest debaters, we expect them when engaging on discussion boards.

They love using whataboutisms.
Talk about a police killing a black man, and you get "whatabout" all them blacks killing blacks.

They love using deflections.
Criticize a statement made by a Republican, and you get "yeah but" Joe Biden

They love being dismissive.
You make a valid point and you are termed a "hater" or just another "liberal" or my favorite one "you are dismissed"

They love avoiding a direct question.
Ask them a straight up yes or no question, like one I tried once, have you ever listened to a black man, and you get something about reverse racism or the question is nonsensical - anything rather than answer the question.

They love insults.
I mean, they don't even "get" why I adopted the username "Snowflake". Hint, it never was effective as an insult in the first place.

AND they love their sources.
AmericanThinker, Epoch Times, Fox, Breitbart, the list goes on and on.
The irony? They moan and groan about "the MSM"
Point out how their sources have failed factchecks they claim factcheckers are biased and fake.

They also love to accuse you of "trolling" - every time you nail them on a topic. Or of lying. Trump made a fool out of himself again and you point it out and they say you are "lying". Hilarious.

AND I probably shouldn't even mention the outright racism on display.
"Thugs" when describing BLM rioters, and just before posting this someone used "Kameltoe" to describe Kamala Harris on another thread. Obomo and Obummer used to be popular. The most criticized and attacked public figures on discussion boards? AOC and Maxime Waters. Police killing of a black man? They should have obeyed and not resisted.
But hey, don't mention racism to them, they will call YOU a racist, apparently you are racist against whites, even if you are white yourself.

YET they will continue to use such tactics, because they can't "see" how using such tactics looks on them. Are they oblivious?

Last edited:
Whataboutism is another way for liberals to outright dismiss your side of the argument instead of having to defend their own. Like "racist!" or "you just don't understand..." or their endless stream of ad homs or any other of the countless logical fallacies they employ.
Leftists never defend their arguments, because .......... OF COURSE THEY'RE RIGHT.

Whataboutism is another way for liberals to outright dismiss your side of the argument instead of having to defend their own.

YET you are here using a whataboutism, how quaint

laugh_40x40.gif

Leftists never defend their arguments, because .......... OF COURSE THEY'RE RIGHT.
Glad you finally figured it out.
Goes to show, never too late to learn.

Still waiting for you to explain your lack of concern for black on black crime.

Still waiting for you to explain your lack of concern for black on black crime.
who are you addressing this to?

if to me, the topic here is "debate tactics", if you want to rant about black on black crime, maybe find the appropriate thread.

just a suggestion.

I don't think you understand the meaning of the term.

:ROFLMAO:
what about liberals, what about liberals, what about liberals, man oh man, I could even create a chant from your whataboutism.

however this back n forth is getting boring, I KNOW you will need to get one more lick in, so I invite you to do so, and I promise I won't rebut so you can feel you won the argument.

what about liberals, what about liberals, what about liberals, man oh man, I could even create a chant from your whataboutism.

however this back n forth is getting boring, I KNOW you will need to get one more lick in, so I invite you to do so, and I promise I won't rebut so you can feel you won the argument.
Gee, thanks Snowflake...:ROFLMAO:

Your entire diatribe was quite amusing because of the unsurprising bias that you show. I mean, sure...those are all typical tactics to use when one is not really interested in "debate". And for sure, those tactics are used by members no matter what their bias...not only by those you target in your screed.

(And, of course, you will certainly respond to the above...in your typical biased manner...by calling my honest, even-handed comment "whataboutism", even though it isn't.)

But this part I have selected here actually made me laugh out loud because here, you use the race card without even realizing you did so.

Tell me...when rioters burn down buildings...when they loot stores...when they assault, beat and, even, kill people...what do you suggest we call them if they happen to be "BLM rioters"? We would call white Antifa rioters who do these things "thugs"...but, for some reason, it's a bad debate tactic to call BLM rioters the same thing?

Anyway, thanks for the laugh, SNOWFLAKE.

The OP is guilty of most of what "IT" is crying about.

The OP is guilty of most of what "IT" is crying about.
Whataboutism gives a clue to its meaning in its name. It is not merely the changing of a subject to deflect away from an earlier subject as a political strategy; it’s essentially a reversal of accusation, arguing that an opponent is guilty of an offense just as egregious or worse than what the original party was accused of doing, however unconnected the offenses may be.

The tactic behind whataboutism has been around for a long time. Rhetoricians generally consider it to be a form of tu quoque, which means "you too" in Latin and involves charging your accuser with whatever it is you've just been accused of rather than refuting the truth of the accusation made against you. Tu quoque is considered to be a logical fallacy, because whether or not the original accuser is likewise guilty of an offense has no bearing on the truth value of the original accusation.

Talk about a police killing a black man, and you get "whatabout" all them blacks killing blacks.

You make a valid point and you are termed a "hater" or just another "liberal" or my favorite one "you are dismissed"

Ask them a straight up yes or no question, like one I tried once, have you ever listened to a black man, and you get something about reverse racism or the question is nonsensical - anything rather than answer the question.

They love insults.
I mean, they don't even "get" why I adopted the username "Snowflake". Hint, it never was effective as an insult in the first place.

Point out how their sources have failed factchecks they claim factcheckers are biased and fake.

They also love to accuse you of "trolling" - every time you nail them on a topic. Or of lying. Trump made a fool out of himself again and you point it out and they say you are "lying". Hilarious.

"Thugs" when describing BLM rioters, and just before posting this someone used "Kameltoe" to describe Kamala Harris on another thread. Obomo and Obummer used to be popular. The most criticized and attacked public figures on discussion boards? AOC and Maxime Waters. Police killing of a black man? They should have obeyed and not resisted.
But hey, don't mention racism to them, they will call YOU a racist, apparently you are racist against whites, even if you are white yourself.

YET they will continue to use such tactics, because they can't "see" how using such tactics looks on them. Are they oblivious?
You forgot your favorite tactic:

Bullshiting.jpg

Whataboutism is an important arguing tool for tyrants because in the end, its the age-old rationale of "everybody does it," so ultimately, the action in question is, if not okay, just unremarkable.
It's also a good tool to point out hypocrisy and gaslighting. As are most of the techniques in the OP.

You forgot your favorite tactic:

View attachment 67341864
you mean the tactic of getting really down in the dirt with the lowest comment or meme you can come up with.
surprise surprise, not like we haven't encountered that immature tactic before.

you mean the tactic of getting really down in the dirt with the lowest comment or meme you can come up with.
surprise surprise, not like we haven't encountered that immature tactic before.
Desperate much? Hint: post BS, don't be surprised to see it labeled such.

Desperate much? Hint: post BS, don't be surprised to see it labeled such.
Anyone who sends a toilet meme isn't worth conversing with, so go ahead, show me what a big man you are and send another, I promise I won't respond.

Anyone who sends a toilet meme isn't worth conversing with, so go ahead, show me what a big man you are and send another, I promise I won't respond.
I've made my point, obviously. 😎

They love insults.

This isn't about debate tactics. It's just more progressive slop.

Let’s see what happens in 2022 in the states before we assume anything. I predict nothing will happen except for the very predictable US midterm swing from the party in power.

Nah. Trump is scum. We gotta pile on.

Back
Top Bottom