• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Debate Tactics

Dishonest debaters, we expect them when engaging on discussion boards.

They love using whataboutisms.
Talk about a police killing a black man, and you get "whatabout" all them blacks killing blacks.

They love using deflections.
Criticize a statement made by a Republican, and you get "yeah but" Joe Biden

They love being dismissive.
You make a valid point and you are termed a "hater" or just another "liberal" or my favorite one "you are dismissed"

They love avoiding a direct question.
Ask them a straight up yes or no question, like one I tried once, have you ever listened to a black man, and you get something about reverse racism or the question is nonsensical - anything rather than answer the question.

They love insults.
I mean, they don't even "get" why I adopted the username "Snowflake". Hint, it never was effective as an insult in the first place.

AND they love their sources.
AmericanThinker, Epoch Times, Fox, Breitbart, the list goes on and on.
The irony? They moan and groan about "the MSM"
Point out how their sources have failed factchecks they claim factcheckers are biased and fake.

They also love to accuse you of "trolling" - every time you nail them on a topic. Or of lying. Trump made a fool out of himself again and you point it out and they say you are "lying". Hilarious.

AND I probably shouldn't even mention the outright racism on display.
"Thugs" when describing BLM rioters, and just before posting this someone used "Kameltoe" to describe Kamala Harris on another thread. Obomo and Obummer used to be popular. The most criticized and attacked public figures on discussion boards? AOC and Maxime Waters. Police killing of a black man? They should have obeyed and not resisted.
But hey, don't mention racism to them, they will call YOU a racist, apparently you are racist against whites, even if you are white yourself.

YET they will continue to use such tactics, because they can't "see" how using such tactics looks on them. Are they oblivious?

Last edited:
They(with Trump as a role model) also often use the mantra: If a lie is repeted often enough it becomes the truth. And some of Trumps most popular lies has in fact been out there for much longer than he has, he just started to accelerate them and repeat them obsessively. Look at the lie on Democrats doing election fraud for example. The Republicans have been using it since I don't know when to justify the gerrymandering and other voter suppression technics.

It is a propaganda technique, referred to as "the great lie", first discussed by Adolf Hitler in Mein Kampf. Hitler also stated (in Mein Kampf) that a big lie worked better than a small one, because few people were willing to accept that one could really lie as grossly as a big liar did.

They(with Trump as a role model) also often use the mantra: If a lie is repeted often enough it becomes the truth.

It is a propaganda technique, referred to as "the great lie", first discussed by Adolf Hitler in Mein Kampf. Hitler also stated (in Mein Kampf) that a big lie worked better than a small one, because few people were willing to accept that one could really lie as grossly as a big liar did.
I wonder of any of "them" will notice this thread and feel ashamed. The answer is unknown to the first, will be "no" to the second.

Whataboutism is an important arguing tool for tyrants because in the end, its the age-old rationale of "everybody does it," so ultimately, the action in question is, if not okay, just unremarkable.

I wonder of any of "them" will notice this thread and feel ashamed. The answer is unknown to the first, will be "no" to the second.
I don't think so (and please forgive me I edited my post while you were responding to it.)

Whataboutism is an important arguing tool for tyrants because in the end, its the age-old rationale of "everybody does it," so ultimately, the action in question is, if not okay, just unremarkable.
It is also used as a deflection technique, sort of like saying "Let's change the focus."

And it’s highly effective too because virtually nobody who makes performative moral denunciation ever does so in good faith.

I think it’s a very valid argument to make. If the left for example, is claiming Israel is wrong to clear out Arabs from East Jerusalem, when in fact there was a century old Jewish community cleared out in 1948 by Jordan, you can’t just scream “whataboutism” you would have to show why the Palestinian Arabs have a right to complain when they had no problem doing it themselves.

That is just one example. But the point remains, people use the argument because in most cases the left loves to make melodramatic and performative moral arguments with no substance behind them and when asked to defend their position they scream some inanity like “racist”

"Thugs" when describing BLM rioters
Your entire diatribe was quite amusing because of the unsurprising bias that you show. I mean, sure...those are all typical tactics to use when one is not really interested in "debate". And for sure, those tactics are used by members no matter what their bias...not only by those you target in your screed.

(And, of course, you will certainly respond to the above...in your typical biased manner...by calling my honest, even-handed comment "whataboutism", even though it isn't.)

But this part I have selected here actually made me laugh out loud because here, you use the race card without even realizing you did so.

Tell me...when rioters burn down buildings...when they loot stores...when they assault, beat and, even, kill people...what do you suggest we call them if they happen to be "BLM rioters"? We would call white Antifa rioters who do these things "thugs"...but, for some reason, it's a bad debate tactic to call BLM rioters the same thing?

Anyway, thanks for the laugh, SNOWFLAKE.

Last edited:
Dishonest debaters, we expect them when engaging on discussion boards.

They love using whataboutisms.
Talk about a police killing a black man, and you get "whatabout" all them blacks killing blacks.

They love using deflections.
Criticize a statement made by a Republican, and you get "yeah but" Joe Biden

They love being dismissive.
You make a valid point and you are termed a "hater" or just another "liberal" or my favorite one "you are dismissed"

They love avoiding a direct question.
Ask them a straight up yes or no question, like one I tried once, have you ever listened to a black man, and you get something about reverse racism or the question is nonsensical - anything rather than answer the question.

They love insults.
I mean, they don't even "get" why I adopted the username "Snowflake". Hint, it never was effective as an insult in the first place.

AND they love their sources.
AmericanThinker, Epoch Times, Fox, Breitbart, the list goes on and on.
The irony? They moan and groan about "the MSM"
Point out how their sources have failed factchecks they claim factcheckers are biased and fake.

They also love to accuse you of "trolling" - every time you nail them on a topic. Or of lying. Trump made a fool out of himself again and you point it out and they say you are "lying". Hilarious.

AND I probably shouldn't even mention the outright racism on display.
"Thugs" when describing BLM rioters, and just before posting this someone used "Kameltoe" to describe Kamala Harris on another thread. Obomo and Obummer used to be popular. The most criticized and attacked public figures on discussion boards? AOC and Maxime Waters. Police killing of a black man? They should have obeyed and not resisted.
But hey, don't mention racism to them, they will call YOU a racist, apparently you are racist against whites, even if you are white yourself.

YET they will continue to use such tactics, because they can't "see" how using such tactics looks on them. Are they oblivious?
Is it your assertion that only the right engages in these tactics?

Your entire diatribe was quite amusing because of the unsurprising bias that you show. I mean, sure...those are all typical tactics to use when one is not really interested in "debate". And for sure, those tactics are used by members no matter what their bias...not only by those you target in your screed.

(And, of course, you will certainly respond to the above...in your typical biased manner...by calling my honest, even-handed comment "whataboutism", even though it isn't.)

But this part I have selected here actually made me laugh out loud because here, you use the race card without even realizing you did so.

Tell me...when rioters burn down buildings...when they loot stores...when they assault, beat and, even, kill people...what do you suggest we call them if they happen to be "BLM rioters"? We would call white Antifa rioters who do these things "thugs"...but, for some reason, it's a bad debate tactic to call BLM rioters the same thing?

Anyway, thanks for the laugh, SNOWFLAKE.
You see how it goes, I don't need to add any additional commentary, all my points get proven when you (and some others from the Right side) come on board and do exactly as I prophesized in my blog.

And it’s highly effective too because virtually nobody who makes performative moral denunciation ever does so in good faith.

I think it’s a very valid argument to make. If the left for example, is claiming Israel is wrong to clear out Arabs from East Jerusalem, when in fact there was a century old Jewish community cleared out in 1948 by Jordan, you can’t just scream “whataboutism” you would have to show why the Palestinian Arabs have a right to complain when they had no problem doing it themselves.

That is just one example. But the point remains, people use the argument because in most cases the left loves to make melodramatic and performative moral arguments with no substance behind them and when asked to defend their position they scream some inanity like “racist”

In response to condemning the violent insurrection of 1/6, conservatives point to riots over the summer. They are, in effect, saying that the violent insurrection is okay because people rioted. This is not good. Violent insurrections are undemocratic and destroy our democratic principles and institutions. But as long as somebody, somewhere is rioting, its apparently okay. This is how tyranny evolves.

In response to condemning the violent insurrection of 1/6, conservatives point to riots over the summer. They are, in effect, saying that the violent insurrection is okay because people rioted. This is not good. Violent insurrections are undemocratic and destroy our democratic principles and institutions. But as long as somebody, somewhere is rioting, its apparently okay. This is how tyranny evolves.
It becomes more ok if your opponent has shown they are willing and able to carry out violence on multiple occasions and their side will defend it.

The left has actively fomented riots and violence for years now. When their rioters get arrested they get sweetheart deals from left wing prosecutors. The college professor with the bike lock who committed aggravated assault against a Milo Yiannapolous supporter never saw a day in jail. At some point I stopped caring.

You can’t come around and act sanctimonious now, you’re not speaking out of principle, only hatred.

They aren't saying it's OK. They are saying ya'lls hyperventilation about it is fake and/or hypocritical.

I remember crushing the OP and him saying he didn't want to talk to me anymore. Then he calls other people snowflakes. ****ing hilarious.

"That's not how it works, that's not how any of this works."

qGhiEIe.gif

This is how it works for them...

LibtardAndWinTrump.jpg

I keep telling you the Civil War of 2021 started on January 6th and you still don't believe it.
When the second insurrection happens in 2022, will you believe it then?

They aren't saying it's OK. They are saying ya'lls hyperventilation about it is fake and/or hypocritical.

That’s just untrue. Complete bullshit at this point.

You picked your username very well - you are a whiny snowflake.
awwwwww feel better now?
btw, I picked the username for a reason, but doubt you have the sagacity to figure out why.
and thanks for proving AGAIN my point:
They love insults.

I remember crushing the OP and him saying he didn't want to talk to me anymore. Then he calls other people snowflakes. ****ing hilarious.
I guess you missed the part where I said:
They love insults.

but go ahead, us snowflakes can take it, it only makes the name-caller look small.

awwwwww feel better now?
btw, I picked the username for a reason, but doubt you have the sagacity to figure out why.
and thanks for proving AGAIN my point:
They love insults.
The irony of you openly admitting you picked a baiting name, which cements your posting content as nothing more than baiting, and then making a thread about improper/dishonest debate tactics is so ****ing funny.

Back
Top Bottom