• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Debate Classifieds [W:163]

I challenge VanceMack to a debate concerning the the 'raised black fist' and the 'white power' salute. In that debate we will address 3 specific issues:

1. Is the raised black fist racist?
2. Is the raised black fist comparable (historically, culturally, symbolically, etc.) to the white power salute?
3. Are these physical displays of solidarity equivalent but on different sides of a racial spectrum?

This is only open to VanceMack.

Number of posts: 5 posts.
Word Limit: The forum set post word limit. No minimum on the wording.
Sources: Videos, images, news reports, books published by real publishes (i.e. no e-publishers or anything silly like that), academic journals, etc.
Time limit: For brevity's sake - 10 days (meaning: 2 days to write a post).

Challenge expires: May 16th, 2016 at 12AM PT.

Looking forward to the debate if there is one.:2wave:

I challenge VanceMack to a debate concerning the the 'raised black fist' and the 'white power' salute. In that debate we will address 3 specific issues:

1. Is the raised black fist racist?
2. Is the raised black fist comparable (historically, culturally, symbolically, etc.) to the white power salute?
3. Are these physical displays of solidarity equivalent but on different sides of a racial spectrum?

This is only open to VanceMack.

Word Limit: The forum set post word limit. No minimum on the wording.
Sources: Videos, images, news reports, books published by real publishes (i.e. no e-publishers or anything silly like that), academic journals, etc.

Challenge expires: May 16th, 2016 at 12AM PT.
I gladly accept your debate challenge as was said numerous time in the thread where this was all being discussed. In order for the debate to happen...all you have to do is respond to the initial question, as you were told multiple times, and as you have refused to do. You created this little challenge KNOWING this was the case and knowing I wouldnt debate UNTIL that point. If you want this debate...and I dont think you do...then all you have to do is what was said from the beginning...respond to the initial post that inspired you to jump into two peoples conversation.

Challenge absolutely accepted...and you know/knew this. All you have to do is........

I gladly accept your debate challenge

You can't accept it past a deadline. You'll need to wait until I decide your position merits being debated again. I don't have time for people who run away from debates and try to avoid it through any means necessary. :shrug:

You can't accept it past a deadline. You'll need to wait until I decide your position merits being debated again. I don't have time for people who run away from debates and try to avoid it through any means necessary. :shrug:
:lamo

You never wanted the debate. You knew before you offered your 'challenge' that I wouldnt engage you without you first answering the initial question posed. Your refusal throughout your 116 posts in that ridiculous thread reeked, so dont pretend for a second you wanted to have a-the dialogue in the thread or b-this debate.

:lamo

You never wanted the debate.

If this was true, I wouldn't have posted a debate classified here. You're venturing really close to creating lies.

If this was true, I wouldn't have posted a debate classified here. You're venturing really close to creating lies.
You are putting on a Donald Trump act. Hell...maybe he got it from you. You didnt really want the debate. You were told long before you tried your silly Donald Trump debate proposal that all that you had to do was answer the actual question that was posed in order to have a dialogue. You also know you spent 84 posts in that thread ducking, dodging, and avoiding answering the question. Offer still stands. Go back in the thread...answer the question, and have the dialogue. Debate is on. Was then...still is now.

You are putting on a Donald Trump act. Hell...maybe he got it from you. You didnt really want the debate.

Again, this is proven false by the fact that I called you here to debate. I posted a debate classified and gave you every single incentive to take it. You outright refused. Trying to make it look like I didn't want to debate you after the evidence clearly shows that I did, is silly of your part. You should learn to take debate challenges when they're made; instead of trying to rewrite history like you normally do.

Again, this is proven false by the fact that I called you here to debate. I posted a debate classified and gave you every single incentive to take it. You outright refused. Trying to make it look like I didn't want to debate you after the evidence clearly shows that I did, is silly of your part. You should learn to take debate challenges when they're made; instead of trying to rewrite history like you normally do.
you know the drill. You knew it when you posted it and you had no intention of meeting the requirements. Offer still stands. Now? Dood...you are boring.

you know the drill.

Yep, I make a classified, challenge somebody to a debate, they are free to refuse. You refused. Claiming I didn't want to debate ignores that I called you out to do just that. If you're going to continue saying I didn't want to debate, when I explicitly pointed you to the call out post and gave you ample time to respond, you're clearly lying.

Yep, I make a classified, challenge somebody to a debate, they are free to refuse. You refused. Claiming I didn't want to debate ignores that I called you out to do just that. If you're going to continue saying I didn't want to debate, when I explicitly pointed you to the call out post and gave you ample time to respond, you're clearly lying.
You are doing the same pathetic dance now you did then. You know the drill. You knew it then. Seriously dood...boring. Beyond words.

You are doing the same pathetic dance now you did then.

VanceMack, did I challenge you to a debate or not? :) You're welcomed to continue lying. When you continue to claim I didn't, when I did exactly what the forum has set as a guideline for a debate it just becomes silly. A challenge was made, you ducked and covered.

Last edited:
VanceMack, did I challenge you to a debate or not? :) You're welcomed to continue lying. When you continue to claim I didn't, when I did exactly what the forum has set as a guideline for a debate it just becomes silly. A challenge was made, you ducked and covered.
You knew beyond any question that in order for you and I to have a dialogue you would be required to actually answer the question posed in the thread that you responded to rather than take off on a completely different direction. I said then as I still say now...answer the question and have the dialogue and I will more than gladly take up your debate challenge.

Nothings changed. And you are still boring.

You knew beyond any question that in order for you and I to have a dialogue you would be required to actually answer the question posed in the thread

Lmao, this isn't a requisite for any debate of any sort. You were called out. You refused. Don't like it? Accept a debate challenge when it's made. :)

Lmao, this isn't a requisite for any debate of any sort. You were called out. You refused. Don't like it? Accept a debate challenge when it's made. :)
Too boring; Didnt Read.

VanceMack, why did you refuse to debate me? :)
Because you refused to engage in an actual dialogue in the actual thread. Similar to your repeating the same thing over and over in THIS thread, you spent 215 posts in that thread ignoring the question that stimulated your engagement in the first place. You knew that then. You knew that when you made your silly little challenge. You knew then as you know now...all that was required for us to engage in the debate was for you to simply answer the question posed in the thread, but without question, you knew I wouldnt play your silly game until you had the decency to respond to the actual question that caused you to engage in the conversation in the first place. You attempted to reframe the discussion in a manner more suited to your argument and and you knew then that it wouldnt happen...which is why you feverishly spent 158 posts in THAT thread doing what you are doing in THIS thread...steadfastedly ignoring the original question. That was made clear before your silly little challenge...wasnt it? You knew it then, didnt you? You know it now, dont you? Why do you insist on asking the same question that you have known the answer to from the get go?

Oh yeah...and because now...you are just boring.

Because you refused to engage in an actual dialogue in the actual thread.

You finally admit you refused to debate me. Well, that didn't take long. Next time you are challenged to a debate -- again, depends on me actually wanting to debate you like I did in the classified I posted -- accept it. Don't run away and try to set some imaginary prerequisites for a debate that exist in your mind.

5725d86ac46188bd038b45a1.jpg

Hatuey out. ;)

You finally admit you refused to debate me. Well, that didn't take long. Next time you are challenged to a debate -- again, depends on me actually wanting to debate you like I did in the classified I posted -- accept it. Don't run away and try to set some imaginary prerequisites for a debate that exist in your mind.

5725d86ac46188bd038b45a1.jpg

Hatuey out. ;)
:lamo See...thats that pathetic thing you were trying to do then and still doing now. I absolutely did NOT refuse to debate you and the same terms stands now as then.

But...you really didnt want the debate with me...did you?

OK.......present your argument.

Okay, RetiredUSN, as requested:

I challenge RetiredUSN to a debate concerning gun culture and their relationship to gun manufacturers. In that debate we will address one specific issue:

1. Have gun manufacturers created a gun culture in the US through their marketing techniques?
- I will argue that they have. RetiredUSN will argue that they have not.

This challenge is only open to RetiredUSN

Word Limit: The automatic forum word limit. No minimum on the wording.

This will be a tit for tat. 1 Introduction, 3 arguments, and 1 conclusion. Judges will be 5 mods of any lean.

Challenge expires: June 24th, 2016 at 6PM PT.

Okay, RetiredUSN, as requested:

I challenge RetiredUSN to a debate concerning gun culture and their relationship to gun manufacturers. In that debate we will address one specific issue:

1. Have gun manufacturers created a gun culture in the US through their marketing techniques?
- I will argue that they have. RetiredUSN will argue that they have not.

This challenge is only open to RetiredUSN

Word Limit: The automatic forum word limit. No minimum on the wording.

This will be a tit for tat. 1 Introduction, 3 arguments, and 1 conclusion. Judges will be 5 mods of any lean.

Challenge expires: June 24th, 2016 at 6PM PT.

Sorry that I never got back. I bury a Navy pal tomorrow who I have been alongside of for the past 39 years.

Sorry that I never got back. I bury a Navy pal tomorrow who I have been alongside of for the past 39 years.

No worries, I can post another challenge when you have time. My sympathies.

Sent from a flower watered by the tears of Trump supporters and crazy newb liberals.

No worries, I can post another challenge when you have time. My sympathies.

Sent from a flower watered by the tears of Trump supporters and crazy newb liberals.

Thx........ I am gutted and pizzed off at the same time right now.

How long does it take to set up a True Debate?

Back
Top Bottom