• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Debate: Bible illudes that Jesus was an Angel, not a God

joe six-pack

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
In the New Testament, Christ spent much of his three year ministry demonstrating and reiterating that he was the "Son of God," by preforming miracles, speaking the word of God and baptizing people. The term "Messiah" literally means the Anointed One and "anointed" means to set aside for a holy purpose. In Hebrew tradition, Chrism was an ancient oil used by High Priests to Anoint people or artifacts, which is the most likely origin of the term "Christ," especially considering Christ is synonymous with the Messiah, the both mean the Anointed One--as in to Anoint with holy oil.

You can Google any of those terms for clarification.

But Christ was not the only Son or Daughter of God mentioned in the Bible. This is largely a term used to describe Angels. Job 1:6

"Now it happened on the day when God's sons came to present themselves before Yahweh (The Lord), that Satan also came among them."

Job is a story about how Satan tests Man's faith. The verse above is describing the "Son's of God," which are angels, and Satan, "the adversary," among them. This is the origin the the belief that Satan was an angel and originally a servant of God.

Now we also know that Christ's name in Hebrew was Yeshua, which means "God is Salvation." This was translated into Greek as Iēsoûs, then into Latin as Iesus. But the English translation of the Hebrew name Yeshua is Joshua. Therefore, I will refer to Christ by his proper name, Joshua. Joshua Christ.

You can Google the relevant proper names for clarification.

Joshua Christ consistently referred to himself as a Son of God, which is an Old Testament term for an angel. It is reasonable to assume that Joshua Christ was an angel in human form, here to serve God and speak his message. He was the Anointed One, just as angels are described as the "Anointed Ones." Ezekiel 28:14

"You were anointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones."

A Cherub is an angel, a servant of God. Angels were created before Man at some point during the Seven Days in Genesis, God makes Heaven--and all the Angels--before people are made. Then refers to Angels in the creation of Man in Genesis 1:26 “Let us make man in our image," but by "us" there is no one else around but God and the Angels.

"Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

I believe God made Angels in his image and made Men in the shared image. In the beginning, God and the Angels looked alike, God was the "Father" of all of them. I believe Joshua Christ was an Angel at the time of Creation. John 1:1

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning."

This is not such a great leap to make. Joshua Christ refers to himself in terms that the Hebrew Bible referred to Angels as. Joshua Christ was a "Son of God" and an "Anointed One" and it is an Angel who tells John in the Book of Revelation about Christ and the End of Days, the Messianic-Age to come.

To me, this is a much more compelling argument to make, than any other interpretation of the Bible and the challenge to combine the Old Testament with the New Testament. Joshua Christ did not want to be worshiped, he wanted to be believed in. Christ compelled people to obey the 10 Commandments and worship Yahweh, the Lord. Christ did not speak for himself, God spoke through him. Christ was not the origin of his own power, God was the origin of Christ's power. Christ was a servant of God, just as Angels are servants.

Thoughts?

In the New Testament, Christ spent much of his three year ministry demonstrating and reiterating that he was the "Son of God," by preforming miracles, speaking the word of God and baptizing people. The term "Messiah" literally means the Anointed One and "anointed" means to set aside for a holy purpose. In Hebrew tradition, Chrism was an ancient oil used by High Priests to Anoint people or artifacts, which is the most likely origin of the term "Christ," especially considering Christ is synonymous with the Messiah, the both mean the Anointed One--as in to Anoint with holy oil.

You can Google any of those terms for clarification.

But Christ was not the only Son or Daughter of God mentioned in the Bible. This is largely a term used to describe Angels. Job 1:6

"Now it happened on the day when God's sons came to present themselves before Yahweh (The Lord), that Satan also came among them."

Job is a story about how Satan tests Man's faith. The verse above is describing the "Son's of God," which are angels, and Satan, "the adversary," among them. This is the origin the the belief that Satan was an angel and originally a servant of God.

Now we also know that Christ's name in Hebrew was Yeshua, which means "God is Salvation." This was translated into Greek as Iēsoûs, then into Latin as Iesus. But the English translation of the Hebrew name Yeshua is Joshua. Therefore, I will refer to Christ by his proper name, Joshua. Joshua Christ.

You can Google the relevant proper names for clarification.

Joshua Christ consistently referred to himself as a Son of God, which is an Old Testament term for an angel. It is reasonable to assume that Joshua Christ was an angel in human form, here to serve God and speak his message. He was the Anointed One, just as angels are described as the "Anointed Ones." Ezekiel 28:14

"You were anointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones."

A Cherub is an angel, a servant of God. Angels were created before Man at some point during the Seven Days in Genesis, God makes Heaven--and all the Angels--before people are made. Then refers to Angels in the creation of Man in Genesis 1:26 “Let us make man in our image," but by "us" there is no one else around but God and the Angels.

"Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

I believe God made Angels in his image and made Men in the shared image. In the beginning, God and the Angels looked alike, God was the "Father" of all of them. I believe Joshua Christ was an Angel at the time of Creation. John 1:1

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning."

This is not such a great leap to make. Joshua Christ refers to himself in terms that the Hebrew Bible referred to Angels as. Joshua Christ was a "Son of God" and an "Anointed One" and it is an Angel who tells John in the Book of Revelation about Christ and the End of Days, the Messianic-Age to come.

To me, this is a much more compelling argument to make, than any other interpretation of the Bible and the challenge to combine the Old Testament with the New Testament. Joshua Christ did not want to be worshiped, he wanted to be believed in. Christ compelled people to obey the 10 Commandments and worship Yahweh, the Lord. Christ did not speak for himself, God spoke through him. Christ was not the origin of his own power, God was the origin of Christ's power. Christ was a servant of God, just as Angels are servants.

Thoughts?

Show me another instance in the Bible in which an angel is born from a human mother.

Yeshua does not mean Joshua. Yeshua in Hebrew is ישוע. Joshua is יְהוֹשֻׁע. They sound similar, but are not the same name. Also, the Bible distinctively sets Jesus up as the Son of God and part of God. This is evident in John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." In Jon, the Hebrew word "ben" is used for "sons." According to the Strong's concordance, ben can mean "
1) son, grandson, child, member of a group
a) son, male child
b) grandson
c) children (pl. - male and female)
d) youth, young men (pl.)
e) young (of animals)
f) sons (as characterisation, i.e. sons of injustice [for un- righteous men] or sons of God [for angels]
g) people (of a nation) (pl.)
h) of lifeless things, i.e. sparks, stars, arrows (fig.)
i) a member of a guild, order, class"
(bold added by me for emphasis)

The Bible clearly sets Jesus as the Son of God who is one with God the Father (they are the same yet not each other).

Jesus never claimed to be an angel, in fact He says He is One with God the Father "John 10:30 I and the Father are one."

Hebrews 1 clearly shows that Jesus is God and not an angel.
Hebrews 1

The Son Superior to Angels

1In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. 3The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.
5For to which of the angels did God ever say,
"You are my Son;
today I have become your Father[a]"? Or again,
"I will be his Father,
and he will be my Son"[c]? 6And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says,
"Let all God's angels worship him."[d] 7In speaking of the angels he says,
"He makes his angels winds,
his servants flames of fire."[e] 8But about the Son he says,
"Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever,
and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.
9You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy."[f] 10He also says,
"In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands.
11They will perish, but you remain;
they will all wear out like a garment.
12You will roll them up like a robe;
like a garment they will be changed.
But you remain the same,
and your years will never end."[g] 13To which of the angels did God ever say,
"Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet"[h]? 14Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Last edited:
Yeshua does not mean Joshua. Yeshua in Hebrew is ישוע. Joshua is יְהוֹשֻׁע. They sound similar, but are not the same name. Also, the Bible distinctively sets Jesus up as the Son of God and part of God. This is evident in John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." In Jon, the Hebrew word "ben" is used for "sons."
Yeshua (name) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The name יֵוֹשֻׁשׁוּעַ "Yeshua" (transliterated in the English Old Testament as Jeshua) is a late form of the Biblical Hebrew name יְהוֹשֻׁעַ Yehoshua (Joshua), and spelled with a waw in the second syllable.

Yeshua (name) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The name יֵוֹשֻׁשׁוּעַ "Yeshua" (transliterated in the English Old Testament as Jeshua) is a late form of the Biblical Hebrew name יְהוֹשֻׁעַ Yehoshua (Joshua), and spelled with a waw in the second syllable.

Jesus was also given other names/titles. Regardless of His Name, He isn't an angel.

Jesus was also given other names/titles. Regardless of His Name, He isn't an angel.

I was pointing out your falsified claim that Yeshua does not mean Joshua.

Jesus never claimed to be an angel, in fact He says He is One with God the Father "John 10:30 I and the Father are one."

So? Maybe he was an angel who had sex with God and became "one flesh." According to the Bible, I have become one with a number of women over the years. That doesn't mean that I am not a man. According to Genesis 11:6 the entire human race was one at one point. Being "one" is hardly some divinely unique property of the trinity. It is really pretty commonplace in the Bible.

Show me another instance in the Bible in which an angel is born from a human mother.
Ever read the book of Genesis?

Genesis 6:1 talks about Angels--the Sons of God--mating with human women. Those women gave birth to half-Angel babies. So, yeah, angel half-breeds can be born.

"1 And after a time, when men were increasing on the earth, and had daughters, 2 The sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair; and they took wives for themselves from those who were pleasing to them. 3 And the Lord said, My spirit will not be in man for ever, for he is only flesh; so the days of his life will be a hundred and twenty years. 4 There were men of great strength and size on the earth in those days; and after that, when the sons of God had mated with the daughters of men, they gave birth to children: these were the great men of old days, the men of great name."
Yeshua does not mean Joshua.
My understanding is that Joshua is the best translation of "Yeshua." It's certainly much closer than "Jesus" which was never a name in Hebrew at that time.

Also, the Bible distinctively sets Jesus up as the Son of God and part of God. This is evident in John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
Yes and no.

I already mention that passage of Genesis. In the beginning God made Heaven--and all the angels. It was angels--or messangers of God--who were "in the beginning." If Jesus was around at that time, he was most likely an angel or angel-like being. In any case, there is zero mention of God's supposed duality in the Old Testament. God is "one" being in Judaism. God is never multiple beings, ever. God does not doubt, or die, or weep--but Christ did.
In Jon, the Hebrew word "ben" is used for "sons." According to the Strong's concordance, ben can mean"
That is not conclusive. Jesus was not the only "son of God" in the Bible. That's a fact.

The Bible clearly sets Jesus as the Son of God who is one with God the Father (they are the same yet not each other).
Christ said anyone with faith could have the same "oneness" with God that he did, and do even greater works than Christ. You or I could be greater than Christ with the power of faith, but no one could be greater than God, not even Christ. See this is were the poorly thoughtout logic of Catholic doctrine breaks down. God isn't a three-headed being and never was.
Christ never claimed to be a God or to be as great as God. Christ always claimed to be a servant of God, giving God all the glory and credit. God is the source of Christs powers. Christ claimed anyone could be like him in terms of power and spiritual union with God.
Hebrews 1 clearly shows that Jesus is God and not an angel.
Actually Hebrews one makes a compelling case for my argument.

"5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?"

God is the Father of all Angels. God is speaking to Angels as he asks about his "son" among them.

"4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. "
God was never made. But the Angels were made by God. God "made" the son, better than any other angel.

God cannot be born or die. Christ is a creation of God, Hebrews 1 makes that perfectly clear. But "God" cannot be made. God "made" Christ. Tell me how that makes sense. God "made" Christ, so Christ was not an original part of God's being.

The fact that you still call him "Jesus" confuses me. You know that's not his name.

Ever read the book of Genesis?

Genesis 6:1 talks about Angels--the Sons of God--mating with human women. Those women gave birth to half-Angel babies. So, yeah, angel half-breeds can be born.

"1 And after a time, when men were increasing on the earth, and had daughters, 2 The sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair; and they took wives for themselves from those who were pleasing to them. 3 And the Lord said, My spirit will not be in man for ever, for he is only flesh; so the days of his life will be a hundred and twenty years. 4 There were men of great strength and size on the earth in those days; and after that, when the sons of God had mated with the daughters of men, they gave birth to children: these were the great men of old days, the men of great name."

This is your interpretation. Other interpretations of scripture say that "sons of God" refer to "Godly men." See Dt 14:1, 32:5, Ps 73:15, Is 43:6, Hos 1:10, 11:1, Lk 3:38, 1Jn 3:1-2, 10

This is your interpretation.
Actually, it is the interpretation of the Book of Watchers, written by Enoch (a descendant of Adam), which is a Jewish text quoted in the New Testament. Where the Bible and Torah only hint at Giants and fallen Angels taking human wives, the Dead Sea Scrolls and Books of Enoch go into much more detail about them.

If you believe scripture is divinely inspired, read the Book of Watchers, Chapter Six. Enoch is mentioned in the Bible, in the passage that lists Adams descendants. According to the Bible and Torah, he was a real person and his books are valid. He is also mentioned in Hebrews 11.

"By faith Enoch was transferred, that he should not see death, and was not found, because God had transferred him; for before his transference he had the witness that he had pleased God well." (Hebrews 11:5)

Enoch says Angels had babies with human women. Case closed.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Well, if you take the meaning of an Angel being the word of God made flesh. - Then Jesus was an Angel.
However that is not all he was.

Actually, it is the interpretation of the Book of Watchers, written by Enoch (a descendant of Adam), which is a Jewish text quoted in the New Testament. Where the Bible and Torah only hint at Giants and fallen Angels taking human wives, the Dead Sea Scrolls and Books of Enoch go into much more detail about them.

If you believe scripture is divinely inspired, read the Book of Watchers, Chapter Six. Enoch is mentioned in the Bible, in the passage that lists Adams descendants. According to the Bible and Torah, he was a real person and his books are valid. He is also mentioned in Hebrews 11.

"By faith Enoch was transferred, that he should not see death, and was not found, because God had transferred him; for before his transference he had the witness that he had pleased God well." (Hebrews 11:5)

Enoch says Angels had babies with human women. Case closed.

Thanks.

Sorry, I follow the Holy Bible, not the Book of Watchers. Case closed.:mrgreen:

Well, if you take the meaning of an Angel being the word of God made flesh. - Then Jesus was an Angel.
However that is not all he was.
Christ was also a man. But whatever else Christ was, he said that anyone with faith could become. Christ said:

1. We're all basically a child of God. (NT)
2. Anyone with faith could become equal or greater than Christ in power. (John 14:12)
3. Anyone with faith could be "one" with God, as Christ is. (John 14:17)

I'm trying to clarify what scripture says and put it in literal context. Christ spoke in parable, often referring to scripture (Torah) with his metaphors. Certainly Christ was a Holy man, but he also said anyone could be as he is, "equal or greater" than him. Tell me, if Christ is God, then how can anyone become more powerful than God?

Christ means the Anointed One, which means to 'set aside for holy purpose.' God made Christ for a purpose, but no power can "make" God. God did not "make" himself. God is and always will be, God never changes. This is all according to scripture.

God does not die or doubt or weep, but Christ did.
Sorry, I follow the Holy Bible, not the Book of Watchers.
Then read the Bible. The Bible says God was pleased with Enoch and his works.

The scripture Enoch wrote was what God was pleased with.

Also, read Genesis 6 again.

Last edited:
I guess Christians don't like being told what is in the Bible.

I am not familiar with the scholarly arguments about this, but my understanding of angels is that they are not supposed to be these human-like beings with wings; rather, angel means messenger. If Jesus was here to deliver some wisdom from God, then perhaps he was an angel in that sense. On the other hand, his sacrifice would seem to imply that he was much more than simply an angel.

"I and my Father are one; he who has seen me, has seen the Father." - Jesus.

/thread

/thread
If you understood Christ's teachings, that statement could be true for anyone.

But how does that disprove the threads intent? Christ referred to himself as God's son. That means that God created Christ. But God cannot be created and God cannot die. Do you see how my argument trumps any argument that has been put forth so far? Christ said if you have faith, you can be greater and more powerful than Christ.

I guess most Christians don't think about that. How can anyone become more powerful than God?
I am not familiar with the scholarly arguments about this, but my understanding of angels is that they are not supposed to be these human-like beings with wings; rather, angel means messenger. If Jesus was here to deliver some wisdom from God, then perhaps he was an angel in that sense. On the other hand, his sacrifice would seem to imply that he was much more than simply an angel.
I am not debating the significance of Christs life.

But I am simply saying that God cannot be created. Christ was made by God. Christ described his relationship with God as this, "I am in him and he is in me." But he also said anyone could have such a spiritual relationship with God. I think the most profound message of Christ's teachings is that we can all be great through God.

That argument seems to be what the dogmatic views of the Church oppose.

Last edited:
But I am simply saying that God cannot be created. Christ was made by God. Christ described his relationship with God as this, "I am in him and he is in me." But he also said anyone could have such a spiritual relationship with God. I think the most profound message of Christ's teachings is that we can all be great through God.

That argument seems to be what the dogmatic views of the Church oppose.

I can tell you my view... I am not saying it corresponds to the Bible. In fact, it probably doesn't... but I do believe I am closer to some sort of truth these days than I used to be.

Christ was the Son of God, but Christianity has set him up as a single happening of this. i.e. Christ was the Son of God, now the one Son of God is gone. I find this view skewed. We are all the Sons and Daughters of God, period. It's not that we can become great through God, it's that we are all part of God right now, and it is up to us to maintain that connection through Love.

Think about who Jesus was supposed to be. He was of God and was created by God. If we take this literally, does that mean that God created himself as Jesus, and then had himself killed, and then that piece of himself returned to him after the execution? No. It's an allegory which means we all come from God, we live connected to God, and when we die we return to our place with God.

It is completely Eastern in its philosophy, which is why I am almost convinced that within Christ's life he definitely made it to India. Christ was trying to show us that we are all just like him. He became the lamb of God to ease our guilt about our sins, so that our guilt would not prevent us from discovering our own connection to God. It wasn't meant to be taken literally as in, we can commit sin and still get into heaven; it just means that our petty rules and jealousies don't matter in the grand scheme, and that we are perpetually Loved.

Last edited:

/thread

You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. -Jesus too

Then read the Bible. The Bible says God was pleased with Enoch and his works.

The scripture Enoch wrote was what God was pleased with.

Also, read Genesis 6 again.
I did not find an actual Biblical TRANSLATION that said God was pleased with Enoch's works, but rather, that he "walked with God" and was "taken up" to Heaven without having to experience the anguish of death - perhaps the only human to have had this experience. I've read Genisis and Hebrews exhaustively and there are only these few, very limited references to Enoch. What I question is the validity of the Book of Enoch as true Biblical scripture. there are many problems with proving its relevency to the Holy Scripture as the inspired Word of God. First off is its irreverancy towards God. Why would God inspire scripture which was irreverant to his doctrine? Second is the fact that there is NO ORIGINAL text of the Book of Enoch translated from Aramaic. All we have is a later translation and in it are many references to terms and phrases which simply DID NOT exist at the time that the book was supposed to have been written. For further inconsistencies in validating this book go to:
Book of Enoch, how to prove it's not from God

Last edited:
I can tell you my view... I am not saying it corresponds to the Bible. In fact, it probably doesn't... but I do believe I am closer to some sort of truth these days than I used to be.

Christ was the Son of God, but Christianity has set him up as a single happening of this. i.e. Christ was the Son of God, now the one Son of God is gone. I find this view skewed. We are all the Sons and Daughters of God, period. It's not that we can become great through God, it's that we are all part of God right now, and it is up to us to maintain that connection through Love.

Think about who Jesus was supposed to be. He was of God and was created by God. If we take this literally, does that mean that God created himself as Jesus, and then had himself killed, and then that piece of himself returned to him after the execution? No. It's an allegory which means we all come from God, we live connected to God, and when we die we return to our place with God.

It is completely Eastern in its philosophy, which is why I am almost convinced that within Christ's life he definitely made it to India. Christ was trying to show us that we are all just like him. He became the lamb of God to ease our guilt about our sins, so that our guilt would not prevent us from discovering our own connection to God. It wasn't meant to be taken literally as in, we can commit sin and still get into heaven; it just means that our petty rules and jealousies don't matter in the grand scheme, and that we are perpetually Loved.

Amen. I think Paramhansa Yogananda's view of Jesus is the closest to the truth:

"Christ has been much misinterpreted by the world. Even the most elementary principles of his teachings have been desecrated, and their esoteric depths have been forgotten. They have been crucified at the hands of dogma, prejudice, and cramped understanding. Genocidal wars have been fought, people have been burned as witches and heretics, on the presumed authority of man-made doctrines of Christianity. How to salvage the immortal teachings from the hands of ignorance? We must know Jesus as an Oriental Christ, a supreme yogi who manifested full mastery of the universal science of God-union, and thus could speak and act as a savior with the voice and authority of God."

"It is an erroneous assumption of limited minds that great ones such as Jesus, Krishna, and other divine incarnations are gone from the earth when they are no longer visible to human sight. This is not so... Jesus Christ is very much alive and active today. In Spirit and occasionally taking on a flesh-and-blood form, he is working unseen by the masses for the regeneration of the world. With his all-embracing love, Jesus is not content merely to enjoy his blissful consciousness in Heaven. He is deeply concerned for mankind and wishes to give his followers the means to attain the divine freedom of entry into God's Infinite Kingdom."

Jesus, was not the son of God, he was a man; he was just a man.

/thread

Tim-

I did not find an actual Biblical TRANSLATION that said God was pleased with Enoch's works
Then you have obviously never read the Bible closely enough.

To "witness" something in a Biblical sense is to tell people what you saw. That's what Enoch's writings are. To clam that Enoch was a liar is a self-delusion. To claim his witness was "false" is to contradict the Bible. Why would God bring a "liar" into Heaven and spare him the pain of Death?
First off is its irreverancy towards God. Why would God inspire scripture which was irreverant to his doctrine?
The word you are trying to spell is "irreverence."

It means a lack of respect, but obviously you have never read a single line from Enoch's writing, because he constantly shows respect to God. This is just a random line I looked up:

"4 And the eternal God will tread upon the earth,
And appear in the strength of His might from the heaven of heavens."

It goes on to explain how Mighty and Holy He is, blah, blah, blah. Get a clue.
Second is the fact that there is NO ORIGINAL text of the Book of Enoch translated from Aramaic.
The Bible itself has been corrupted by bad translations and suspect sources; so much so that various version and accounts contradict each other. But people who have "faith" are willing to except that scripture was divinely inspired. It's blasphemy to claim one of God's chosen few to be a liar or that his works are false.

The only reason you believe in the letters and scripture collected in the Bible is because the Church of Rome and a few dusty scribes decided that that content best reflected the doctrine of the Church. The only reason you don't believe in the writing of Enoch is because those dusty scribes didn't put it in the Bible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom