• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Debate about the Texas debate

soap box

A Lincoln democrat
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
01523b80-adcc-47df-be38-c657d32ee858-AEM_Beto_Town_Halls_080522-24.jpg
Does Beto have a chance? Will we hear the famous AR-15 quote? Abbott and should play it safe and Beto has more to lose.

The debate is at 7 cst.
Here's a preview, I'll be here watching

Just started watching on YouTube

They played the clip of him saying it and asked him which is it.

Somebody look up Abbott 's claim,
What supreme court decision and appellate Court decision ? He said lowering the age to buy ar rifles couldn't be lowered?

I'll just say it.....Robert Orourk has not a snowballs chance in hell of being our next govenor.

On to abortion.

Beto O'Rourke is the real deal. I wish him a lot of luck in the election.

Beto didn't say a time, he said a return to Roe. All of his answers have been indirect and lofty. Abbott is specific but he's missing the points. So far . I think both have put in a lot of practice and memorizing to get the lines right.

Beto didn't say a time, he said a return to Roe. All of his answers have been indirect and lofty. Abbott is specific but he's missing the points. So far . I think both have put in a lot of practice and memorizing to get the lines right.
Why does he have to state a time?
Why does Abbott get a pass for his stance on emergency contraception as an alternative to exceptions to his bans?

Dear @JMR , I could've posted it better, I wish Beto would get more specific. I agree Abbott is missing the point and I think his response sounded like stumbling. Plus I think he's just wrong.

Reactions: JMR
Another little right wing sissy bitch.
No kidding! My daughter was at a watch party at her college, she said by the end people started booing the Gov.
I bet he was scared to death it would happen live!! Damn ! you're right!

The Democrats need to choose candidates who have the best chance of winning. The only way that the Republican party is going to crawl back to something resembling sanity is by losing elections.

Not being a regular watcher of Abbott I was actually shocked at how inept he seemed. And obvious.
And he's as big a liar as you-know-who. Mini-me wannabe.

Reactions: JMR
The Democrats need to choose candidates who have the best chance of winning. The only way that the Republican party is going to crawl back to something resembling sanity is by losing elections.
Is this like when an alcoholic must hit rock bottom before they realize they are an alcoholic?

And he's as big a liar as you-know-who. Mini-me wannabe.
I didn't realize how that could be misunderstood, didn't mean no harm. I would say the same about Desantis or some of the Republican scoundrels in DC.

The rules they used were almost right.

They could set up a computerized timer. A candidate answers. When the bell rings at exactly 1 minute, a timer starts until the candidate stops talking. The opposing candidate gets three times as much time to respond.

So if one goes over by 8 seconds they automatically give their opponent 24 extra seconds to respond. A candidate who stops talking at the bell gets the last word and the debate moves on.

It would be a system that penalized candidates for speaking out of order too by using the audio on their microphones if run through the timing software. The software then controls the clock and the bell.

BIG Problem is -
Almost NO undecideds ever watch debates.

Back
Top Bottom