• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Death, yours?

How do you think you'll die? And more importantly, if you had to choose, how would you want to die? Do you think you'll die young or middle aged or old?

I'll probably die because I sometimes do less than safe things, and some day I may have an accident from being less than safe. I want to die saving the one I love. I think I'm going to die young, I always think I will, it doesn't scare me anymore even, it's like I've accepted that I'm going to die young just as one accepts that the sun will rise in the morning.

I will likely go in one of the following ways:
Lung cancer
Skin cancer
Heart disease

How I want to die: I want to be old, senile, and go out with a bang.

Last edited:
Esophageal Cancer...

I want to die old and peacefully with a long and fulfilled life.

When I was 18, I was definitely a risk-taker, and I was mortally convinced I would not live to be 30.

What's the deal with people who think their life is over at 30? I'm still in my 20's and my perception of people in their 30's is that they are mostly over the hangups of their 20's and finally living their lives according to what they want. People in their 30's seem more actualized to me. I know I'm generalizing, but... as a rule, you know what I mean.

I had a couple of friends back in Toronto who intended to party their guts out because they said once they turn 30 there is no point in living. I don't really get it. 30 is like the new 20. :)

What's the deal with people who think their life is over at 30? I'm still in my 20's and my perception of people in their 30's is that they are mostly over the hangups of their 20's and finally living their lives according to what they want. People in their 30's seem more actualized to me. I know I'm generalizing, but... as a rule, you know what I mean.

I had a couple of friends back in Toronto who intended to party their guts out because they said once they turn 30 there is no point in living. I don't really get it. 30 is like the new 20. :)

When I look like <---------That guy, I will still having fun.

I can't speak for Goshin, but I'm 42 and was surprised as hell when I turned 30. It's one of those moments in time where some think they will never see it. For me, I grew up in a very violent and demeaning household, so I kind of grew up thinking I wouldn't live long and that if I lived to see 30, I would be surprised as hell. I am still amazed at times that I've lived this long. /shrug

My mother was shocked I lived to the age of 7. I had my hands in every sort of toxin when I was a kid!

I can't speak for Goshin, but I'm 42 and was surprised as hell when I turned 30. It's one of those moments in time where some think they will never see it. For me, I grew up in a very violent and demeaning household, so I kind of grew up thinking I wouldn't live long and that if I lived to see 30, I would be surprised as hell. I am still amazed at times that I've lived this long. /shrug

Oh okay, yeah... I can understand that. If there has been genuine hardship and challenge then I can see why someone would say they don't know how long they will live. What I was thinking about was mostly the people who think the 20's are the glory days and then once they are done there is nothing left to live for. To me the 20's represent the end of the physical changes of puberty, where you start to grow into and understand your adult self. Then your 30's are when the really cool stuff happens. :) Maybe I glorify the 30's too much.

I quite enjoyed my 30's.. but I'm enjoying my 40s even more. ;)

That, basically. It's not that I thought life was over at 30. It's that I expected to die by violence before I was 30. Given how things were going when I was 18, it was not an unreasonable expectation.

Fortunately I grew some common sense, ditched some so-called "friends", and made some major life-changes, thank God.

Back
Top Bottom