• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Death - what you know about death?

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
In the last 3 weeks I've dealt with several dead animals - one was a raccoon that got under my deck and died. I had to remove some of the deck boards to get it out.
Can we say nasty?

N - a - s - t - y.

And just now I started to clean up the living room because I came in the house and it smelled AWFUL (my thought was that the cat did his business behind something) - Nope. A very dead and dried, CRUNCHY mouse was under the desk - STUCK to the floor.

I had to use a spatula to scrape it up - now I have to get the dried mice hair and uck up off the floor.

But after the raccoon putridity business - the mouse seems simple and mess free.

I sometimes really hate living in the country.

Now you're as grossed out as I am.

killing sounds so fun at this moment. . . was it rewarding?

At least when you kill something you know you have to clean it up - or not.

I lived on a ranch we killed things all the time.

I don't mind killin' em.... I aint' that fond of cleaning 'em, but I'll do it.... just preferably not right before supper. :mrgreen:

I feel guilty about killing anything except mosquitos. (Cause theyre stealing my blood, you know).

I've never killed anything, but I used to have to help my ex husband clean deer. Let me tell you, there is something just wrong about holding deer legs while he sliced it open and rolled the innard sack out. I almost barfed. I hated that. :(

Oh. A couple of weeks ago my dogs killed a cat. Dumb thing got into the backyard somehow and the dogs thought it was a chew toy... it wasn't a malicious killing.. they literally played it to death. My son however, stepped up to the plate, donning some of my rubber cleaning gloves and got rid of the carcass.

In the last 3 weeks I've dealt with several dead animals - one was a raccoon that got under my deck and died. I had to remove some of the deck boards to get it out.
Can we say nasty?

N - a - s - t - y.

And just now I started to clean up the living room because I came in the house and it smelled AWFUL (my thought was that the cat did his business behind something) - Nope. A very dead and dried, CRUNCHY mouse was under the desk - STUCK to the floor.

I had to use a spatula to scrape it up - now I have to get the dried mice hair and uck up off the floor.

But after the raccoon putridity business - the mouse seems simple and mess free.

I sometimes really hate living in the country.

Now you're as grossed out as I am.

NOTHING smells as bad as dead snake on a hot day

If I understand the threat it's more about DEATH than killing and unfortunately in some peoples eyes I know way too much about both.

In short I have killed on been involved in the killing of literally hundreds of animals from Doves all the up to Deer and Pigs, and Cattle, as well as the cleaning and dressing of all of them. It was for food.

I have never killed human that I am aware of unless the guy I once threw out a 2nd floor window head first didn't live, ia don't know. I didn't stick around to see.

It was self defense, 2 friends and I were attacked by 5 or 6 bandits in Mexico.

I have been in the presents of death of people including an 18 month old child I helped rescue from a burning house and people who were killed in Auto Accidents.

I also managed to save a few lives as a Senior Lifeguard including pulling big time TV star Art Linkletter from a riptide he was dragged under by.

I didn't know who he was until I pulled him to the surface.

I also brought back little girl of about 6 with CPR, as well as guy in his late teens.

I prefer seeing them people go from motionless and not breathing to coughing up water than going the other way.

I also know what it's like to have an OBE while having a NDE and waking up is too wonderful for words, and it changed me from a type A to a totally different person.

It told me there is more to it than darkness on the other side.

Since that NDE all I have killed is ants flies and a few fish. To be honest I try not kill flies if I can just open a window and let them out.

I haven't been hunting for anything since either.

Death is the one thing we all face no matter what we do or say here and now, and for those who don't believe there is a higher power I suggest that it's free to be a good person and live by a few rules that never hurt no one and could if you are wrong be a good thing after the end.

Back
Top Bottom