• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Death toll hits 56 in California's Camp Fire as officials release list of unaccounted

Media_Truth

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Just one day after Trump tweeted, by pointing fingers and laying blame, there are now at least 56 deaths, and many more missing.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/c...acuations-death-toll-2018-11-14-live-updates/

Authorities searching through the blackened aftermath of California's deadliest wildfire Wednesday released the names of some 130 people who are unaccounted, including many in their 80s and 90s, and dozens more could still be unaccounted for. Officials in Northern California said Tuesday that search crews had found six more bodies, bringing the death toll from the so-called Camp Fire to 56 and the statewide total to 59.

Any president who cannot be empathetic during a natural disaster, is not qualified to be president, and deserves no votes from thoughtful Americans.

Horrible, simply horrible.

Please, please let the winds die and the rain fall in Southern California. :(

Just one day after Trump tweeted, by pointing fingers and laying blame, there are now at least 56 deaths, and many more missing.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/c...acuations-death-toll-2018-11-14-live-updates/

Authorities searching through the blackened aftermath of California's deadliest wildfire Wednesday released the names of some 130 people who are unaccounted, including many in their 80s and 90s, and dozens more could still be unaccounted for. Officials in Northern California said Tuesday that search crews had found six more bodies, bringing the death toll from the so-called Camp Fire to 56 and the statewide total to 59.

Any president who cannot be empathetic during a natural disaster, is not qualified to be president, and deserves no votes from thoughtful Americans.

Out here we've been getting too much rain. Wish there were a way we could send some of it out west. California needs it.

Horrible, simply horrible.

Please, please let the winds die and the rain fall in Southern California. :(

Agreed, but can pray for the rain fail in Northern California as well? The Camp Fire is still poorly contained,.

56 known dead is bad. 130 missing, is even worse.

Out here we've been getting too much rain. Wish there were a way we could send some of it out west. California needs it.

Same here in NC. We've been under either a flood watch or warning almost every hour for the last two days.

The scene in Paradise, CA must have been apocalyptic.
People driving out of town, a vehicle stall on the road, traffic backs up, and everyone dies in their cars.
I read the fires were so hot some cars melted.
I can't wrap my head around the horrors some of them experienced before they perished.

Please, everyone, can we not POLITICIZE this on DP?
That would be immoral.

The thing is, the '56' have been identified so that number is official. There are many more bodies that they have, but until they are identified and all potential parts are put together with other parts from the same person, they are not considered official casualties from the event. The exceptions for that are transportation accidents like place crashes where they have a known number on a manifest and they can determine the living from the non-living. Even then, they may only give out a number without any details. Once they have people identified, they will add them to the number.

I've been on a number of these incidents where we had many more bodies in our possession than the official count acknowledged.

The thing is, the '56' have been identified so that number is official. There are many more bodies that they have, but until they are identified and all potential parts are put together with other parts from the same person, they are not considered official casualties from the event. The exceptions for that are transportation accidents like place crashes where they have a known number on a manifest and they can determine the living from the non-living. Even then, they may only give out a number without any details. Once they have people identified, they will add them to the number.

I've been on a number of these incidents where we had many more bodies in our possession than the official count acknowledged.
Thanks for sharing this. I'm glad other's are doing this important, but macabre task; because it's not something I would relish doing ...

Thanks for sharing this. I'm glad other's are doing this important, but macabre task; because it's not something I would relish doing ...

Right now, the primary mission regarding potential bodies is to recover them all before they open up the areas for property owners to return to the area. Can you imagine little 10 year old Susan walking to what used to be the neighbor's house and finding a body? The local, state, and federal governments are all searching every square foot of the burned areas before they open them up.

Those that are out there doing that work need our support as well as those that are family of victims or are survivors. Many of the government workers will suffer from PTSD from this event. It always happens following a major and especially horrific event like this.

It's horrific.

Those firefighters and forestmen out there right now, are the greatest public servants there are. We take for granted how lucky we are to have them.

#BackTheRed

The Europeans who first explored this area almost 500 years ago wrote about these type of wild fires in their journals. Leftists Politicians trying to push this off on Climate Change are the ones who should not be running anything.

The President pointing out the real cause of the problem doesn't make him less empathetic, He is actually the most empathetic President America has had in decades.

40 years ago these type of fires were not as common, because western states had logging and actual forestry management. Now all the major problems form fires, crime and S**t in the streets are caused by Leftist Policies.

It's horrific.

Those firefighters and forestmen out there right now, are the greatest public servants there are. We take for granted how lucky we are to have them.

#BackTheRed
You know, I live in an area that doesn't have hurricanes, doesn't have forest fires, doesn't have flooding, doesn't have avalanches, and rarely has tornados. I'm starting to appreciate it a bit more!

This is WAY worse than our ancestors were able to manage.

Has trump shown any empathy to the THOUSANDS of Americans who have died during his wretched time in office? He exploits tragedies for political purposes and he makes them all about HIMSELF. His behaviour after the Pittsburgh synagogue massacre summed him up perfectly. He tweeted about how horrible the peaceful protesters were for not respecting HIM. Nothing about the victims - some of them Holocaust survivors. Just tweets about how HE feels. PATHETIC.

The scene in Paradise, CA must have been apocalyptic.
People driving out of town, a vehicle stall on the road, traffic backs up, and everyone dies in their cars.
I read the fires were so hot some cars melted.
I can't wrap my head around the horrors some of them experienced before they perished.

Please, everyone, can we not POLITICIZE this on DP?
That would be immoral.

I totally agree people shouldn't politicise this or any other tragedy. Sadly in this case, trump opened the doors when he tweeted that deplorable threat at the Californian government. He could have just tweeted his thoughts and prayers and left it at that. But he can't help himself.

It's horrific.

#BackTheRed

First responders should be paid a LOT more than they currently are. Nurses, doctors, police, firefighters, paramedics etc are REAL HEROES.

First responders should be paid a LOT more than they currently are. Nurses, doctors, police, firefighters, paramedics etc are REAL HEROES.
These kind of fires are brutal and have no mercy - as it has demonstrated. You have to have lots of courage to take them on, no matter how many fires you've fought before.

The wind can turn a contained fire into an inferno that swallows up even the greatest firefighters in a minute. :(

But these guys one way or another will come through and kick some ass, count on it.

Ban fires, or at least require a background check.
This is among the most sociopathic and vomit inducing comments I've read on the internet.

PG&E stock is down to $25/share, maybe on the way to Zero.....spending the last few years consumed with Green Energy Fantasies like the Cali Politicians instead of concentrating on the basics such as not starting fires might have been a very bad idea.

PG&E stock is down to $25/share, maybe on the way to Zero.....spending the last few years consumed with Green Energy Fantasies like the Cali Politicians instead of concentrating on the basics such as not starting fires might have been a very bad idea.

Damn those Democrats and their inability to control the weather.

Back
Top Bottom