• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Death to America, Death to Bush

I don't suppose it ever occurred to you guys to measure the opinions of foreigners based on scientific opinion polls, rather than how many people have time to hold signs in the street and make noise?

Kandahar said:
I don't suppose it ever occurred to you guys to measure the opinions of foreigners based on scientific opinion polls, rather than how many people have time to hold signs in the street and make noise?

A lot of people here don't value polls at all. Kind of the "truthiness" factor that we saw from Rush.

hipsterdufus said:
A lot of people here don't value polls at all. Kind of the "truthiness" factor that we saw from Rush.

As I have saud many times polls can be very faulty like the one that was given to the troops in Iraq.............

Navy Pride said:
As I have saud many times polls can be very faulty like the one that was given to the troops in Iraq.............

If a poll is taken correctly, it's an accurate barometer of public opinion. It's certainly a much better indication than the size of a protest rally.

Kandahar said:
If a poll is taken correctly, it's an accurate barometer of public opinion. It's certainly a much better indication than the size of a protest rally.

I am not sure of that.......If a country has a billion people and 100,000 protest that is a pretty good measuring stick as to where it stands......

Navy Pride said:
I am not sure of that.......If a country has a billion people and 100,000 protest that is a pretty good measuring stick as to where it stands......

Not really
1. Some cultures are more prone to taking to the streets than others
2. Some countries have higher unemployment rates than others (and thus more people with free time on their hands to protest)
3. Some societies have better ability to get the word out than others

India consistently is one of the most pro-American nations in the world, by every meaningful poll. The number of idiots carrying signs in the streets says nothing about public opinion of America, positive or negative.

Kandahar said:
Not really
1. Some cultures are more prone to taking to the streets than others
2. Some countries have higher unemployment rates than others (and thus more people with free time on their hands to protest)
3. Some societies have better ability to get the word out than others

India consistently is one of the most pro-American nations in the world, by every meaningful poll. The number of idiots carrying signs in the streets says nothing about public opinion of America, positive or negative.

Indians are very indecisive about America's policy on terrorism. We were all relieved to see the US finally start taking action on muslim terrorisn (something India's been fighting since independence). However, a majority of Indians are pretty anti-Bush, and would much rather see a different administration governing the US. This indecisiveness especially sprung up when America attacked Iraq. Most indians I know were pro-Bush until the Iraq War sprung up. Also having pakistan as an ally really bolsters anti-US sentiment in India.

Nonetheless, its good to see ties starting to finally form between India and the US. The 100,000 people shoudl be merely seen as anti-bush, not anti-america.
Frankly, all Indians have wanted to come to America (although even this is changing).

“An estimated 100,000 people came out to protest Bush's visit to India in New Delhi. Pakistan is not too happy he's coming either.”

Most were Muslims? Well that explains it then…….

KidRocks said, “Everyone knows that Bush supporters are to lazy appear at organized demonstrations, first of all they don't ever have enough conviction to expose their faces to the media, not when they can listen to Rush Limbaugh or mearly pick up their phones and call Rush from the safety of their homes.”

To lazy eh? No conviction

And what are Democrats busy doing KId? Interviewing interns and taking scenic drives over bridges? :rofl

How does FOX NEWS rank do you know? How many viewers tune into Rush Limbaughs radio show?
Hmmmmmmm

Who did win the last two elections?

Navy Pride said:

NP - Your logic escapes me here. Take it to the next step and why not say, "The earth has 6.5 billion and only 100,000 are against Bush today." That's f-in great!

Why not take a look at the size of the city? New Delhi has 12 million people?

Both of those arguments are ridiculous. 100,000 people waving American flags (on fire) to protest Bush's presence in their country is saying something no matter how you spin it.

BTW Bush's entourage in Pakistan was reported to be 5,000 people. WOW!

..........most of them Muslim.........

Enough said. In the world's most populous democracy these things do happen - even s h i t happens..

Now lets move on to something worthwhile.
Like controlling the avian flu, without bankrupting a nation...

I trust the Indians with the bomb; but do not trust the Islamics with a firecracker !

The Real McCoy said:
Oh man... 100,000 out of what? A billion plus? Less than .01%!

Fact is, India is one of the most pro U.S. countries in the world.

Yeah, hip never let's reality get in the way of the propaganda crusade.

hipsterdufus said:
NP - Your logic escapes me here. Take it to the next step and why not say, "The earth has 6.5 billion and only 100,000 are against Bush today." That's f-in great!

Why not take a look at the size of the city? New Delhi has 12 million people?

Both of those arguments are ridiculous. 100,000 people waving American flags (on fire) to protest Bush's presence in their country is saying something no matter how you spin it.

BTW Bush's entourage in Pakistan was reported to be 5,000 people. WOW!

This is at the heart of why liberals can't reconcile constantly losing election after election for years now.

Move On, True Majority, all these groups operate under the delusion that they must be the real, unrevealed majority because thousands show up to their rallies. Thousands is still within the farthest extremes of liberal fanaticism.

Just as 100,000 people in India looking like a lot of people and leading the less thinking crowd to deduce that there are massive trends in one direction, thousands of liberal fanatics from the fringe make people like Michael Moore and his sheep think there is an unrevealed liberal majority.

Elections and polls ALWAYS demonstrate that, by the issues, mainstream America is way to the right of where the left thinks it is.

Back
Top Bottom