• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Death Threats Against Bush at Protests Ignored for Years

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Aug 19, 2009

[If you just want to see the evidence and not read the introduction, simply scroll down to the photos, or click here to jump directly to them.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Wednesday, August 12, a man holding a sign that said “Death to Obama” at a town hall meeting in Maryland was detained and turned over to the Secret Service which will likely soon charge him with threatening the president.

As well they should. I fully and absolutely agree with the Secret Service pursuing this case, since anyone who threatens the president is breaking the law and should be prosecuted. It doesn’t matter that Obama was not at the meeting nor that the man was unarmed: the threat all on its own is a federal crime, according to the United States Code.

I support the arrest and prosecution of any person who threatens Obama or any president of the United States.

Bush was threatened frequently — but no arrests

But the story of this arrest got me to thinking: Why was no one ever arrested for threatening President Bush at protests, when they displayed signs in public that called for his death?

Many readers may naively think, “The answer is obvious: no protester was ever arrested for threatening Bush at a protest because no one ever threatened him at a protest. Who would be that stupid? I certainly never heard of any such threats.”

Alas, if only it were that simple. Because the bald fact is that people threatened Bush at protests all the time by displaying menacing signs and messages — exactly as the anti-Obama protester just did in Maryland. Yet for reasons that are not entirely clear, none of those Bush-threateners at protests was ever arrested, questioned, or investigated (at least as far as I could tell).

Don’t believe me? Then keep reading. Because this essay exists for one reason only: To prove beyond any doubt that explicit and implicit threats to Bush’s life were commonly displayed at public protests throughout his term as president. Below this introduction you will find dozens of examples of such threats — unaltered photographs from a wide variety of sources, along with links verifying their authenticity.
IMG_2416small.JPG

imheretokillbushsmall.jpg

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Death Threats Against Bush at Protests Ignored for Years · zomblog

But that's okay Bush lived through the threats while Progressives made them. What is different today, is Obama more important than Bush was as president?

Tea Party pics in 3... 2...

Someone who can't even spell "their" is an unlikey candidate to successfully carry out such plots.

Aug 19, 2009

[If you just want to see the evidence and not read the introduction, simply scroll down to the photos, or click here to jump directly to them.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Wednesday, August 12, a man holding a sign that said “Death to Obama” at a town hall meeting in Maryland was detained and turned over to the Secret Service which will likely soon charge him with threatening the president.

As well they should. I fully and absolutely agree with the Secret Service pursuing this case, since anyone who threatens the president is breaking the law and should be prosecuted. It doesn’t matter that Obama was not at the meeting nor that the man was unarmed: the threat all on its own is a federal crime, according to the United States Code.

I support the arrest and prosecution of any person who threatens Obama or any president of the United States.

But the story of this arrest got me to thinking: Why was no one ever arrested for threatening President Bush at protests, when they displayed signs in public that called for his death?

Many readers may naively think, “The answer is obvious: no protester was ever arrested for threatening Bush at a protest because no one ever threatened him at a protest. Who would be that stupid? I certainly never heard of any such threats.”

Alas, if only it were that simple. Because the bald fact is that people threatened Bush at protests all the time by displaying menacing signs and messages — exactly as the anti-Obama protester just did in Maryland. Yet for reasons that are not entirely clear, none of those Bush-threateners at protests was ever arrested, questioned, or investigated (at least as far as I could tell).

Don’t believe me? Then keep reading. Because this essay exists for one reason only: To prove beyond any doubt that explicit and implicit threats to Bush’s life were commonly displayed at public protests throughout his term as president. Below this introduction you will find dozens of examples of such threats — unaltered photographs from a wide variety of sources, along with links verifying their authenticity.
IMG_2416small.JPG

imheretokillbushsmall.jpg

[Excerpt]

Read more:

But that's okay Bush lived through the threats while Progressives made them. What is different today, is Obama more important than Bush was as president?

Yes, more lies from the linkbot. Here is a link for the broken linkbot to process.

arrests jailed for threatening bush - Yahoo! Search Results

One search and OMG people jailed for threatening the lives of the Bush family members including dubaya. Perhaps if you didn't get your news from liars and idiots or you decided to actually do a quick search to confirm the truthfulness of an absurd claim the secret service and authorities don't act on death threats to every president you might end up becoming less ignorant. But then it would be harder to kick the werewoof around. Thanks for making it so easy.

Aug 19, 2009

Read more:

It only took one or two posts to prove your entire premise false. lol

Yes, more lies from the linkbot. Here is a link for the broken linkbot to process.

One search and OMG people jailed for threatening the lives of the Bush family members including dubaya. Perhaps if you didn't get your news from liars and idiots or you decided to actually do a quick search to confirm the truthfulness of an absurd claim the secret service and authorities don't act on death threats to every president you might end up becoming less ignorant. But then it would be harder to kick the werewoof around. Thanks for making it so easy.

It seems a few of you didn't read the entire article. The author was referring to death threats during organized protest, not individuals protesters or individuals who left a a suspicious box outside the White House fence, etc. The article is about death threats against G.W. Bush during large organized protest.

>"...However, all these instances of Bush-threatener's being arrested happened outside of a protest setting. This article is about protesters with threatening protest signs — not about all threats in all settings.

The key question is: Were any protesters ever arrested or questioned for displaying threatening messages about President Bush at a protest? And the answer is: No, not as far as I could tell. In the very few instances that I could uncover, the incident was either misconstrued by the media, or the protester was at an actual presidential appearance (where there are special security concerns) — or people were detained for other reasons totally aside from their protest messages..."<

It seems a few of you didn't read the entire article. The author was referring to death threats during organized protest, not individuals protesters or individuals who left a a suspicious box outside the White House fence, etc. The article is about death threats against G.W. Bush during large organized protest.

>"...However, all these instances of Bush-threatener's being arrested happened outside of a protest setting. This article is about protesters with threatening protest signs — not about all threats in all settings.

The key question is: Were any protesters ever arrested or questioned for displaying threatening messages about President Bush at a protest? And the answer is: No, not as far as I could tell. In the very few instances that I could uncover, the incident was either misconstrued by the media, or the protester was at an actual presidential appearance (where there are special security concerns) — or people were detained for other reasons totally aside from their protest messages..."<

yes, we all know that Obama commanded the secret service to completely ignore president Bush because Obama makes every bad thing happen in the universe. We do not all live in crazy town, and it does seem that people making threats on Bush's life were taken seriously by the authorities despite your claims otherwise. two words, recommended dosage. When you take too many of those pills the shrink gave you you will enter other worlds, and you need to come back to reality. Obama is not that powerful. He is not a god or the devil. He cannot travel through time and order the secret service to stand down years before he was even a senator. If there was any standing down perhaps one should blame the commander in cheif at the time who would have ordered it. Oh wait, that would be logical and blow apart your whole tinfoil linkbot crappy blog conspiracy theory.

yes, we all know that Obama commanded the secret service to completely ignore president Bush because Obama makes every bad thing happen in the universe. We do not all live in crazy town, and it does seem that people making threats on Bush's life were taken seriously by the authorities despite your claims otherwise. two words, recommended dosage. When you take too many of those pills the shrink gave you you will enter other worlds, and you need to come back to reality. Obama is not that powerful. He is not a god or the devil. He cannot travel through time and order the secret service to stand down years before he was even a senator. If there was any standing down perhaps one should blame the commander in cheif at the time who would have ordered it. Oh wait, that would be logical and blow apart your whole tinfoil linkbot crappy blog conspiracy theory.

Who's wearing the tin foil and popping the pills ?

I didn't write the article so it's not my blog.

All I pointed out was that the author of the article clearly states that he was only referring to large organized protest that had individual carrying signs threatening G.W. Bush and he asked one question. >"Were any protesters ever arrested or questioned for displaying threatening messages about President Bush at a protest? "< >" No...not as far as I could tell. "<

Who's wearing the tin foil and popping the pills ?

I didn't write the article so it's not my blog.

All I pointed out was that the author of the article clearly states that he was only referring to large organized protest that had individual carrying signs threatening G.W. Bush and he asked one question. >"Were any protesters ever arrested or questioned for displaying threatening messages about President Bush at a protest? "< >" No...not as far as I could tell. "<

Not6 as far as one person could tell is a terrible excuse in this day and age when you can research with the internet and find out if you are correct. I can walk down the street and not se an asian person around here, so I could say asian people do not happen as far as I can tell, but the reality is there is huge asian population in the world that probably rivals the white people i would have in my experience in this small area. So yes this guy cherry picked a very small experience and chose not to regard the rest of reality and linkbot decided that was reality. I will tell you there are a lot of people who threaten obama's life who the authorities never confront. I would also imagine there are plenty of death threats that were not taken seriously by the authorities with other presidents. However, that does not prove the reality of the claim. If you want to stand on the idiocy of an uniformed and BS blog then feel free. Don't get mad at me when your argument collapses because it's base was flimsy. Patch it up with as many excuses as you like, but it is still a load of partisan lies and BS that was easily shown as wrong by one simple web search.

No one made the statement that All (each and every) threat(s) were ignored during the Bush administration. If that had been the case the Bush family wouldn't be alive today. What I'm claiming is that the overall protection of Obama is overly paranoid today.

Photobucket - Kill Bush Photos, Kill Bush Pictures, Kill Bush Images

photobucket.com/images/kill%20bush

View the 109 best Kill Bush Photos, Kill Bush Images, Kill Bush Pictures. Download photos or share to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Blogger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Threatening the President of the United States - Wikipedia, the ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threatening_the_President_of_the_United_States
According to some reports, President George W. Bush received about 3,000 threats a year, ... "Call for the assassination of GW Bush" and "Rape and Kill Laura Bush."

Obviously there wasn't room to print all the images. If you care to, there are more than 100 images here to back up the premise. Just how many images are there related to Obama on the same subject?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom